The Waitlist Purgatory [NEW POLL!!] Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Any movement yet??

Accepted off the waitlist!!
11%
Nope. I sent in an LOCI and/or visited campus and hope I get in soon!
31%
Nope, but I'm so done with this law school applications stuff that I can't bring myself to write a LOCI.
8%
Nope, and at this point I don't even care because I'm already going somewhere that actually wants me.
15%
Nope, my safety school waitlisted me and I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
8%
Nope, but I heard of someone else getting in off the waitlists this year so I guess there's still hope.
5%
I'm reapplying next year and hopefully these schools will realize the folly of their ways.
4%
I was never waitlisted and am just still here to continue to water my plants with the TTTears of the peasantry.
4%
Fuck. Everything. Still.
11%
Didn't even apply this year and thank goodness I didn't.
4%

Total votes: 424

S.Picquery

Silver

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Post by S.Picquery » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Waitlisted at Georgetown. I honestly thought I'd easily get in there after my really excellent interactions with a bunch of adcomms, and my LSAT score. Oh well, worse things. *sips wine from the bottle*

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Waitlisted at Georgetown. I honestly thought I'd easily get in there after my really excellent interactions with a bunch of adcomms, and my LSAT score. Oh well, worse things. *sips wine from the bottle*[/quote]

What was your LSAT if you dont mind me asking

S.Picquery

Silver

Post by S.Picquery » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:18 pm

dyebri wrote:What was your LSAT if you dont mind me asking
PM'ed you

lcsslily

New

Post by lcsslily » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:03 pm

dyebri wrote:Waitlisted at Georgetown. I honestly thought I'd easily get in there after my really excellent interactions with a bunch of adcomms, and my LSAT score. Oh well, worse things. *sips wine from the bottle*

What was your LSAT if you dont mind me asking[/quote]
+1

S.Picquery

Silver

Post by S.Picquery » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:09 pm

lcsslily wrote:
dyebri wrote:Waitlisted at Georgetown. I honestly thought I'd easily get in there after my really excellent interactions with a bunch of adcomms, and my LSAT score. Oh well, worse things. *sips wine from the bottle*

What was your LSAT if you dont mind me asking
+1[/quote]

Fam, if you want my LSAT, please PM. I'm not publishing it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Motionsinlemons

New

Post by Motionsinlemons » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:18 am

Upenn WL
Duke Priority Reserve
Not so surprised with Upenn tbh

lcsslily

New

Post by lcsslily » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:08 am

Quick question as far as updating transcripts for WL schools.
Do I just send a new transcript into LSAC using the cover letter they provide on their website?
I requested/sent in my transcript over a week ago the same way I had done it originally, but I haven't received any notification. It was pretty quick the last time, I just want to make sure I am doing it correctly and that you don't have to submit an updated transcript differently. Thanks!

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Duke Priority Reserve
Penn WL
Georgetown Preferred WL

:( :(

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:30 pm

So my dream school wl me from ed. My app will be reviewed again in April, is this a bad sign? I mean April is pretty late and I feel well its probably going to be a no.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:39 am

lillawyer2 wrote:So my dream school wl me from ed. My app will be reviewed again in April, is this a bad sign? I mean April is pretty late and I feel well its probably going to be a no.
That's kind of how it works for all law schools...they wait to see how many seat deposits they get after the first deadline (sometime in April) and then they pick people off the waitlist in order to have a diverse/well-rounded class or to raise their numbers. You need to be prepared to put down a deposit at another school in the meantime, and hopefully the school that WL'ed you will come through in April/May!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:43 pm

floatie wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:So my dream school wl me from ed. My app will be reviewed again in April, is this a bad sign? I mean April is pretty late and I feel well its probably going to be a no.
That's kind of how it works for all law schools...they wait to see how many seat deposits they get after the first deadline (sometime in April) and then they pick people off the waitlist in order to have a diverse/well-rounded class or to raise their numbers. You need to be prepared to put down a deposit at another school in the meantime, and hopefully the school that WL'ed you will come through in April/May!

THANK YOU!

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:42 am

HEY ALL :)

What are good/appropriate questions to ask admissions officers when visiting a school you are WLed at? Or should I just not ask anything?

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:22 am

ray.bee wrote:HEY ALL :)

What are good/appropriate questions to ask admissions officers when visiting a school you are WLed at? Or should I just not ask anything?
First off, if you're doing a formal visit, I would try and get there at least 30 minutes early to see if there is anyone you can talk to one-on-one. You might not have time to ask questions during the Q&A, depending on how many other people are there. I asked about how the waitlist worked, if it was ranked, what types of updates would be helpful to the admissions committee (transcripts, work stuff, etc), if there were any weaknesses in my application that I could address between now and May, and if (since I was there in person) there were any questions I could answer about my application.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

future_lawyer25

New

Post by future_lawyer25 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:46 am

I may be overthinking this, but is there a "dress code" when visiting? I was waitlisted and am planning on registering to visit soon. My gut says business casual but I don't want to be under-dressed. :?

S.Picquery

Silver

Post by S.Picquery » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:55 am

future_lawyer25 wrote:I may be overthinking this, but is there a "dress code" when visiting? I was waitlisted and am planning on registering to visit soon. My gut says business casual but I don't want to be under-dressed. :?
Business casual seems to be the convention.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:58 am

future_lawyer25 wrote:I may be overthinking this, but is there a "dress code" when visiting? I was waitlisted and am planning on registering to visit soon. My gut says business casual but I don't want to be under-dressed. :?
Business casual is perfectly fine. A suit would be overkill (especially if you're planning on sitting in on a class)

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:29 pm

floatie wrote:
ray.bee wrote:HEY ALL :)

First off, if you're doing a formal visit, I would try and get there at least 30 minutes early to see if there is anyone you can talk to one-on-one. You might not have time to ask questions during the Q&A, depending on how many other people are there. I asked about how the waitlist worked, if it was ranked, what types of updates would be helpful to the admissions committee (transcripts, work stuff, etc), if there were any weaknesses in my application that I could address between now and May, and if (since I was there in person) there were any questions I could answer about my application.
Thanks so much! Yeah, its a tour and class visit and we can see an admissions officer after. I will for sure focus on asking what else I can send them to give a complete picture of me as an applicant. Thanks again :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cfehle17

New

Post by cfehle17 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Boston University WL
Notre Dame WL

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Duke Priority WL
UVA WL
UPenn WL
Likely NW WL
Likely UMich WL

yigwqddlkj

addie1412

Silver

Post by addie1412 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:58 pm

88234 wrote: Likely NW WL
Likely UMich WL
calm down with this ish

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:01 pm

addie1412 wrote:
Likely UMich WL
calm down with this ish
yells incoherently

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:26 pm

88234 wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
Likely UMich WL
calm down with this ish
yells incoherently
Well the NU waitlist suspicion is justified. We're ED holds who didn't get a decision by the deadline

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Chicago WL
Penn WL
Duke WL
Cornell WL

At this point, it's getting a bit annoying. Would not be surprised to end my cycle with a Berkeley and NYU WL, but we'll see! Already in to some schools I would be very happy to attend.

GL everyone else.

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Post by pleasesendhelp » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:23 pm

S.Picquery wrote:Image

Waitlisted at Georgetown. I honestly thought I'd easily get in there after my really excellent interactions with a bunch of adcomms, and my LSAT score. Oh well, worse things. *sips wine from the bottle*
I was held (still not sure how it's different) but 100% feel the same way. *sips wine from the box

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:49 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:Image

I was held (still not sure how it's different) but 100% feel the same way. *sips wine from the box
*slaps the bag*

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”