The Waitlist Purgatory [NEW POLL!!] Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Any movement yet??

Accepted off the waitlist!!
11%
Nope. I sent in an LOCI and/or visited campus and hope I get in soon!
31%
Nope, but I'm so done with this law school applications stuff that I can't bring myself to write a LOCI.
8%
Nope, and at this point I don't even care because I'm already going somewhere that actually wants me.
15%
Nope, my safety school waitlisted me and I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
8%
Nope, but I heard of someone else getting in off the waitlists this year so I guess there's still hope.
5%
I'm reapplying next year and hopefully these schools will realize the folly of their ways.
4%
I was never waitlisted and am just still here to continue to water my plants with the TTTears of the peasantry.
4%
Fuck. Everything. Still.
11%
Didn't even apply this year and thank goodness I didn't.
4%

Total votes: 424

skurfy

New

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory [NEW POLL!!]

Post by skurfy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:30 pm

blelwoods wrote:
latetothis wrote:Anyone else feeling a wave of despair...

me :|
Ditto. No 2nd reserve from Columbia hurts. Might be applying ED in September. Hate the idea of writing a new PS.

latetothis

Bronze

Post by latetothis » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Last edited by latetothis on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:48 pm

infinite flexibility,debt tolerance, or money to throw around

well, one of out three ain't bad.
here's to the month of August!

gbullock19

New

Post by gbullock19 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:27 am

Waitlisted at Emory and UGA. Trying to stay in Atlanta :cry:

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:57 am

I've gotten into half of the schools that waitlisted me, and more are coming it looks like...(including T6 schools). So definitely send in those LOCIs. But perhaps the best advice is don't apply after the schools' deadlines in late February.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:19 am

Currently on waitlists at Georgetown and Penn. Got a feeler call from Georgetown two weeks ago (6/6) but no acceptance yet. Emailed them this morning to see what's up. Not religious at all, but seriously praying for a miracle from GULC because my fallback option is far from home and my potential roommate/landlord both seem crazy. Have basically given up all hope for Penn, but that call from Georgetown was such a tease and now I can't stop thinking about potentially going there. According to these message boards though, no one has heard of people having to wait more than two weeks to be accepted after a feeler call. Getting v nervous over here.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:05 pm

Could I get some advice on signing a lease while riding waitlists? Would it be wise to wait as long as possible to sign a lease, or should I go ahead and jump on something if I found a good spot?

I recently retook the LSAT, but I'm not sure how much of an impact the score will have on waitlists since it seems like schools have pretty much filled up.

barkerintokyo

New

Post by barkerintokyo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:21 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:Could I get some advice on signing a lease while riding waitlists? Would it be wise to wait as long as possible to sign a lease, or should I go ahead and jump on something if I found a good spot?

I recently retook the LSAT, but I'm not sure how much of an impact the score will have on waitlists since it seems like schools have pretty much filled up.
My new LSAT score, a mere 2 pt improvement helped me get into a higher ranked school with full scholarship. pm for details.

Ellewoods5516

New

Post by Ellewoods5516 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:45 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:Could I get some advice on signing a lease while riding waitlists? Would it be wise to wait as long as possible to sign a lease, or should I go ahead and jump on something if I found a good spot?

I'm in the same boat as you but I'm definitely not signing a lease until I get a 100% yes. If you are moving there regardless of whether you get in or not, then go ahead, but it seems kinda reckless to sign a lease based on possibly getting off a waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:49 pm

Ellewoods5516 wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you but I'm definitely not signing a lease until I get a 100% yes. If you are moving there regardless of whether you get in or not, then go ahead, but it seems kinda reckless to sign a lease based on possibly getting off a waitlist.

No, I meant sign a lease for where I've already deposited haha

Ellewoods5516

New

Post by Ellewoods5516 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:05 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:
Ellewoods5516 wrote:

No, I meant sign a lease for where I've already deposited haha
Ohhh haha gotcha! Personally I'm waiting to sign a lease at my deposit school because I went there for undergrad, live only an hr away, and have friends that live right next to the school who I can stay with until I get a lease.

mtf612

Bronze

Post by mtf612 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:28 am

Can someone advise as to whether sending a second LOCI is worthwhile if the candidate has nothing significant to contribute? I'm waitlisted at four schools, all of which have received only one LOCI back in April/May, but I really don't have anything new to contribute - I'd basically just be saying I am still interested...

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:02 am

mtf612 wrote:Can someone advise as to whether sending a second LOCI is worthwhile if the candidate has nothing significant to contribute? I'm waitlisted at four schools, all of which have received only one LOCI back in April/May, but I really don't have anything new to contribute - I'd basically just be saying I am still interested...
Mere reaffirmation of interest, especially late in the summer, has already helped me a lot and hope continues to. You could add a line about, for example, your interests and that school/location/faculty/clinic/etc. (I did this.) This may seem repetitive to you in light of your app + previous LOCIs, but not so to schools who dealing with tons of apps and information. HTH. All the best.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

personofinterest

Bronze

Post by personofinterest » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:55 pm

freekick wrote:
mtf612 wrote:Can someone advise as to whether sending a second LOCI is worthwhile if the candidate has nothing significant to contribute? I'm waitlisted at four schools, all of which have received only one LOCI back in April/May, but I really don't have anything new to contribute - I'd basically just be saying I am still interested...
Mere reaffirmation of interest, especially late in the summer, has already helped me a lot and hope continues to. You could add a line about, for example, your interests and that school/location/faculty/clinic/etc. (I did this.) This may seem repetitive to you in light of your app + previous LOCIs, but not so to schools who dealing with tons of apps and information. HTH. All the best.
+1

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Waitlisted at top choices, still haven't heard back anything and it's July. I think I should just reapply next cycle.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Post by seeprybyrun » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Called by Michigan and Chicago on the same day with admissions from their waitlists :mrgreen:

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:06 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:Called by Michigan and Chicago on the same day with admissions from their waitlists :mrgreen:
Omg you got a Ruby off the waitlist?? Congrats! Glad your cycle ended with a winning outcome.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

xandra_v

Bronze

Post by xandra_v » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:08 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:Called by Michigan and Chicago on the same day with admissions from their waitlists :mrgreen:
Which will you choose!?

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Post by seeprybyrun » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:10 am

principalagent wrote:Omg you got a Ruby off the waitlist?? Congrats! Glad your cycle ended with a winning outcome.
Thank you!!!
xandra_v wrote:Which will you choose!?
I did a whirlwind visit of both schools last week and talked with lots of people at both. The Chicago students and faculty are amazing, don't get me wrong, but I just felt like I personally fit better at Michigan. So I'll be going to Ann Arbor :D

On the plus side for y'all, this means there might be another Ruby out there for someone on Chicago's waitlist!

xandra_v

Bronze

Post by xandra_v » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:13 am

seeprybyrun wrote:
principalagent wrote:Omg you got a Ruby off the waitlist?? Congrats! Glad your cycle ended with a winning outcome.
Thank you!!!
xandra_v wrote:Which will you choose!?
I did a whirlwind visit of both schools last week and talked with lots of people at both. The Chicago students and faculty are amazing, don't get me wrong, but I just felt like I personally fit better at Michigan. So I'll be going to Ann Arbor :D

On the plus side for y'all, this means there might be another Ruby out there for someone on Chicago's waitlist!
Congrats all around--I almost chose UMich, it's a great school. Best of luck!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”