The Waitlist Purgatory [NEW POLL!!] Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Any movement yet??

Accepted off the waitlist!!
11%
Nope. I sent in an LOCI and/or visited campus and hope I get in soon!
31%
Nope, but I'm so done with this law school applications stuff that I can't bring myself to write a LOCI.
8%
Nope, and at this point I don't even care because I'm already going somewhere that actually wants me.
15%
Nope, my safety school waitlisted me and I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
8%
Nope, but I heard of someone else getting in off the waitlists this year so I guess there's still hope.
5%
I'm reapplying next year and hopefully these schools will realize the folly of their ways.
4%
I was never waitlisted and am just still here to continue to water my plants with the TTTears of the peasantry.
4%
Fuck. Everything. Still.
11%
Didn't even apply this year and thank goodness I didn't.
4%

Total votes: 424

chargers21

Gold

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory (New Poll!)

Post by chargers21 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 pm

I stayed on my 3 waitlists because I would genuinely consider going with a large enough scholarship to any of them. While that's unlikely and I'll probably end up turning them down later because of financials, I'm staying on anyways.

P.S. I was WLed at 3 schools, but I am a lucky soul and have already been pulled off the WL at the best school I even applied to. So keep the hope alive, fellow waiters

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:06 pm

fips tedora wrote:That's not cool to do if you don't plan on attending those schools and someone else is waiting to take your spot. Sounds kinda petty lol.
Yeah it is petty, I'm obviously exagerrating a bit due to how confused/shocked/butthurt I am. If I get in with scholarship, of course it would be considered (since I didn't get too much from my top choices)

TudoBem

Bronze

Post by TudoBem » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:29 am

chargers21 wrote:I stayed on my 3 waitlists because I would genuinely consider going with a large enough scholarship to any of them. While that's unlikely and I'll probably end up turning them down later because of financials, I'm staying on anyways.

P.S. I was WLed at 3 schools, but I am a lucky soul and have already been pulled off the WL at the best school I even applied to. So keep the hope alive, fellow waiters
You are so happy to get off UChicago WL that you most definitely should go there. Congrats!!! I am heading to U Chicago myself. Paying almost sticker and i don't care!

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:47 am

TudoBem wrote: Paying almost sticker and i don't care!
this is me if I get into any of the schools i'm wl'd @

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:43 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
TudoBem wrote: Paying almost sticker and i don't care!
this is me if I get into any of the schools i'm wl'd @
+180

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Will more offers off the WL come in around April 1st? I know lots of schools have that deposit deadline.

dbalkaran

Silver

Post by dbalkaran » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:18 pm

Is it just me or did Emory waitlist a ton of people?

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:35 pm

dbalkaran wrote:Is it just me or did Emory waitlist a ton of people?
Exactly what I was thinking...

dbalkaran

Silver

Post by dbalkaran » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
dbalkaran wrote:Is it just me or did Emory waitlist a ton of people?
Exactly what I was thinking...
WUSTL too. I was really surprised at some of the people that got put on their waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:54 am

Nightwing wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:Adding WUSTL and Vandy to the list which brings me to a total of 6 waitlists out of 14 applications. Was not expecting this.
You sound like me. Same number of apps, same number of waitlists, same kind of confusion. Are you a high LSAT splitter by chance?
Yes, I am in the same shoe. I got into WUSTL and UCLA with some money. But I have been waitlisted at Cornell, Duke and Georgetown so far, and they are supposed to be safeties... And I have not heard back from any of the rest. Noted that I am submitting the Apps really late (like in Feb), but this is a little too slow? I am probably expecting WL at all the T13 schools.

ryan.laine94

New

Post by ryan.laine94 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:15 am

Checking in, I'm on 2 waitlists.

On a side note, who is the correct person to contact to withdraw an application? I have it down to 1 school + the 2 waitlists so I would like to withdraw elsewhere ASAP so others can hopefully get my spot.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:20 am

ryan.laine94 wrote:Checking in, I'm on 2 waitlists.

On a side note, who is the correct person to contact to withdraw an application? I have it down to 1 school + the 2 waitlists so I would like to withdraw elsewhere ASAP so others can hopefully get my spot.

The general admissions email is fine. I withdrew from 2 of my 6 waitlists yesterday this way.

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm 3 for 3! Just got notification for William and Mary's waitlist. Only applied to 3 schools, WL at them all :D :lol: :roll:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Wasn't part of today's last-gasp NYU acceptance wave, so I'm calling it: another WL.

Cornell, Duke, NYU, UChicago, Michigan, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, UCLA

I bet UPenn will shortly be added to the list and my hopes in UVA and Columbia are slipping fast.

Waitlists = 9 and probably growing
Rejections = 1 and maybe growing
Acceptances = 0

I feel a combination of shame, defeat, guilt, confusion, fear, and disbelief. Seriously defying MyLSN and conventional wisdom about the "numbers game" here. It's hard not to take this personally when I've effectively failed in spite of my numbers.

alhookem2020

New

Post by alhookem2020 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Nightwing wrote:Wasn't part of today's last-gasp NYU acceptance wave, so I'm calling it: another WL.

Cornell, Duke, NYU, UChicago, Michigan, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, UCLA

I bet UPenn will shortly be added to the list and my hopes in UVA and Columbia are slipping fast.

Acceptances = 0

I feel a combination of shame, defeat, guilt, confusion, fear, and disbelief. Seriously defying MyLSN and conventional wisdom about the "numbers game" here. It's hard not to take this personally when I've effectively failed in spite of my numbers.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your numbers?

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Nightwing wrote:Wasn't part of today's last-gasp NYU acceptance wave, so I'm calling it: another WL.

Acceptances = 0

If you totally strike out, I'd swallow any fear and reach out to the schools, tell them what happened, and see if any will throw you a bone and respond. Maybe you could find out about something really bad overlooked in your apps. Nothing to lose then.

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Acceptances = 0

Right there with you. I didn't apply to as many schools but I applied to 3, waitlisted at all 3. No acceptances and no clue what I'm going in the fall... Pretty sucky feeling.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

latetothis

Bronze

Post by latetothis » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:18 pm

Last edited by latetothis on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Maybe I'm biased, but it seems like there has been a huge number of waitlists of qualified applicants this cycle. Does this point to more acceptances off the waitlist? After all, it is an easy way for schools to up their matriculation %.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Acceptances = 0

is there an issue with your application or C&F?

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:23 pm

latetothis wrote:is there even a point to taking the June LSAT...didn't put 100% into studying
Think you answered your own question here. If you can do better and aren''t happy with your results, then you should consider retaking!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

latetothis

Bronze

Post by latetothis » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Last edited by latetothis on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:43 pm

Acceptances = 0

That blows, Nightwing. As much as it sucks to have to consider this, do you have time to put in some safety apps (maybe a regional powerhouse or something)? Quite a few non-shitty schools have deadlines in April...

JGPGH

New

Post by JGPGH » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:45 pm

When sending in LOCI's to multiple schools that you would definitely attend if admitted, is it a big no-no to tell all of them that if offered a spot off of the waitlist that you would definitely choose to attend?

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:46 pm

ryan.laine94 wrote:Checking in, I'm on 2 waitlists.

All the schools I withdrew from had a place to do so on their admitted students websites. Though I'm not sure all schools have that, so emailing admissions works just as well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”