The Waitlist Purgatory [NEW POLL!!] Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Any movement yet??

Accepted off the waitlist!!
11%
Nope. I sent in an LOCI and/or visited campus and hope I get in soon!
31%
Nope, but I'm so done with this law school applications stuff that I can't bring myself to write a LOCI.
8%
Nope, and at this point I don't even care because I'm already going somewhere that actually wants me.
15%
Nope, my safety school waitlisted me and I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
8%
Nope, but I heard of someone else getting in off the waitlists this year so I guess there's still hope.
5%
I'm reapplying next year and hopefully these schools will realize the folly of their ways.
4%
I was never waitlisted and am just still here to continue to water my plants with the TTTears of the peasantry.
4%
Fuck. Everything. Still.
11%
Didn't even apply this year and thank goodness I didn't.
4%

Total votes: 424

haley12

Silver

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Post by haley12 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:31 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Has anyone used Spivey for WL help? If so, I'd appreciate a PM :D would love to hear how it works.

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere about it, right?
I called the other day and they said that they basically help send updates/LOCIs and plan visits if you can. I got the impression that there isn't much they can do but they did say that they would roll the money over to next cycle if you don't get off a waitlist.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:55 am

haley12 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Has anyone used Spivey for WL help? If so, I'd appreciate a PM :D would love to hear how it works.

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere about it, right?
I called the other day and they said that they basically help send updates/LOCIs and plan visits if you can. I got the impression that there isn't much they can do but they did say that they would roll the money over to next cycle if you don't get off a waitlist.
Thank you, Haley!

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:00 pm

I'm sick of LOCIs. I'm sick of LOCIs so very, very much.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:46 am

Nightwing wrote:I'm sick of LOCIs. I'm sick of LOCIs so very, very much.
Same. It's too much.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:28 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Nightwing wrote:I'm sick of LOCIs. I'm sick of LOCIs so very, very much.
Same. It's too much.
+180

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TudoBem

Bronze

Post by TudoBem » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:01 pm

I withdrew from GULC, Northwestern, Michigan, Vandy, Cornell and Duke WLs. Hope it helps.

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:59 pm

TudoBem wrote:I withdrew from GULC, Northwestern, Michigan, Vandy, Cornell and Duke WLs. Hope it helps.
All on my list. Thank you.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Nightwing wrote:
TudoBem wrote:I withdrew from GULC, Northwestern, Michigan, Vandy, Cornell and Duke WLs. Hope it helps.
All on my list. Thank you.
5/6 :)

MadamSecretary

New

Post by MadamSecretary » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:42 pm

Waitlisted at Columbia, Northwestern, Vandy, BU, UCLA, Fordham

help.....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JGPGH

New

Post by JGPGH » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Hey guys, does anyone have any experience writing LOCI? If so, would anyone be willing to help me out by reading over mine? I would really appreciate a second opinion on it in regards to content, grammar etc. Doesn't have to be anything too in-depth, just a quick read through. Thanks!

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:08 pm

JGPGH wrote:Hey guys, does anyone have any experience writing LOCI? If so, would anyone be willing to help me out by reading over mine? I would really appreciate a second opinion on it in regards to content, grammar etc. Doesn't have to be anything too in-depth, just a quick read through. Thanks!
You can PM me!

irongirl51

New

Post by irongirl51 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:33 pm

JGPGH wrote:Hey guys, does anyone have any experience writing LOCI? If so, would anyone be willing to help me out by reading over mine? I would really appreciate a second opinion on it in regards to content, grammar etc. Doesn't have to be anything too in-depth, just a quick read through. Thanks!

+1

help

jenoh82223

New

Post by jenoh82223 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:59 am

First time posting here.
I assumed that most people here are applying for T14. Though I wasn't apply for T14, no one around me understand my feeling, so I am just posting here to release some anxiety.

I applied only Penn State Law and got WL early March. If I can get in, I think I'll be marrying to my fiance, who is currently a Master but considering PhD in EE in PSU.

I really can't take it anymore, I got LSAT>75%/AA/worked in Big 4 accounting firm, compliance of international SITE/111 in TOEFL, I was pretty confidence and now I am WL for over two months. Is it because I am an international student? I didn't get a superior review but I thought "Hey, I wasn't applying for T14."

It is fine if I am rejected because I have already got into the top law school in my country, just that being away with who you love 10000+ km really sucks.

Thinking about sending another LOCI, I sent one right after I got WL, nothing new happened since then... :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:14 am

jenoh82223 wrote:.
Don't be too overbearing, but I would be assertive. I think you should definitely state interest, as I think they fell short of their application goal. I just got this e-mail from them today (I haven't applied there, though).
[+] Spoiler
Good news! We have received so many inquiries from interested students since our application closed on March 31 that we have decided to reopen the application for fall 2017 admission to the Penn State Law J.D. Program. The new deadline to apply to Penn State Law in University Park is May 15.

What’s even better is that we still have generous scholarships and grants available, up to and including full tuition. All you have to do to be considered for such school-funded financial aid is apply by May 15.

Visit our website today to learn more about Penn State Law or to apply. Or contact us at admissions@pennstatelaw.psu.edu or 1-800-840-1122 if you have any questions about our program.

We look forward to reviewing your application!

Sincerely,

Amanda DiPolvere
Assistant Dean, Admissions & Financial Aid
Penn State Law
University Park, PA
While they say it's because so many more people want to apply that missed their deadline, I kind of assume that it's more because they did not receive the number of applications they wanted to (unless they do this every year), because they sent it to people who didn't apply or contact them previously. I'm only sharing this with you to increase the amount of information you have access to. Perhaps, a competing offer could make them quicker to render a decision - i.e. Penn State Law is my #1 choice, but I have good offers here and here that are worth consideration. I'd double check on this latter point though.

Also, glad to proofread any LOCIs.

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:02 pm

You guys know how LSAC notify schools if you've got multiple deposits down sometime in mid-May? I wonder if schools can also see if you have no deposits down anywhere.

FEDRESRV

New

Post by FEDRESRV » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:27 pm

I joined the double digit waitlist camp today (10). I am still waiting on initial admission decisions from 4 additional T-13's.

tinyvessels

Bronze

Post by tinyvessels » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:54 pm

FEDRESRV wrote:I joined the double digit waitlist camp today (10). I am still waiting on initial admission decisions from 4 additional T-13's.
Which four?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:54 pm

From Cornell:

"Your application has been withdrawn. If your circumstances change, and Cornell Law School remains your first choice, keep in mind that every year we accept a few transfer students into our second-year class. The transfer decision is based primarily on superior academic performance during your first year at another American Bar Association accredited law school. Our transfer application will be available early-April, and our transfer deadline is August 1st."

Why would I withdraw if Cornell is my first choice? If I'm choosing to not remain on the WL why would I want to transfer?

Interesting because it seems like they are still trying to sell the school to me after I've decided not to go..

FEDRESRV

New

Post by FEDRESRV » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:57 pm

tinyvessels wrote:
FEDRESRV wrote:I joined the double digit waitlist camp today (10). I am still waiting on initial admission decisions from 4 additional T-13's.
Which four?
PM'd

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Nightwing wrote:You guys know how LSAC notify schools if you've got multiple deposits down sometime in mid-May? I wonder if schools can also see if you have no deposits down anywhere.

I damn sure hope they do

jenoh82223

New

Post by jenoh82223 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:47 am

34iplaw wrote:
Don't be too overbearing, but I would be assertive. I think you should definitely state interest, as I think they fell short of their application goal. I just got this e-mail from them today (I haven't applied there, though).
[+] Spoiler
Good news! We have received so many inquiries from interested students since our application closed on March 31 that we have decided to reopen the application for fall 2017 admission to the Penn State Law J.D. Program. The new deadline to apply to Penn State Law in University Park is May 15.

What’s even better is that we still have generous scholarships and grants available, up to and including full tuition. All you have to do to be considered for such school-funded financial aid is apply by May 15.

Visit our website today to learn more about Penn State Law or to apply. Or contact us at admissions@pennstatelaw.psu.edu or 1-800-840-1122 if you have any questions about our program.

We look forward to reviewing your application!

Sincerely,

Amanda DiPolvere
Assistant Dean, Admissions & Financial Aid
Penn State Law
University Park, PA
While they say it's because so many more people want to apply that missed their deadline, I kind of assume that it's more because they did not receive the number of applications they wanted to (unless they do this every year), because they sent it to people who didn't apply or contact them previously. I'm only sharing this with you to increase the amount of information you have access to. Perhaps, a competing offer could make them quicker to render a decision - i.e. Penn State Law is my #1 choice, but I have good offers here and here that are worth consideration. I'd double check on this latter point though.

Also, glad to proofread any LOCIs.
Omg, thank you for sharing this with me!!! :shock:

Well, then I really don't understand what happened... :( I already stated that if I am accepted, I will definitely go there because of my fiance. Also shared that I am accepted by other schools.

Sent the second LOCI yesterday, but thanks for offering help! Maybe I am just not competitive enough. :cry:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Omg, thank you for sharing this with me!!! :shock:

Well, then I really don't understand what happened... :( I already stated that if I am accepted, I will definitely go there because of my fiance. Also shared that I am accepted by other schools.

Sent the second LOCI yesterday, but thanks for offering help! Maybe I am just not competitive enough. :cry:
Hey - no problem.
I wouldn't second guess yourself.
Best of luck.

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:17 pm

I'm now up to 11, Columbia reserve today. So:

Columbia, Chicago, Cornell, Duke, Penn, Northwestern, UVA, Michigan, Georgetown, UCLA, and Vanderbilt

No acceptances. I truly don't understand what I messed up so badly that I couldn't get one of these to bite. :|

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Nightwing wrote:I'm now up to 11, Columbia reserve today. So:

Columbia, Chicago, Cornell, Duke, Penn, Northwestern, UVA, Michigan, Georgetown, UCLA, and Vanderbilt

No acceptances. I truly don't understand what I messed up so badly that I couldn't get one of these to bite. :|
Sorry to hear. Have you had anyone here look over your PS/essays/resume as has been suggested...?

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Leliana wrote:
Nightwing wrote:I'm now up to 11, Columbia reserve today. So:

Sorry to hear. Have you had anyone here look over your PS/essays/resume as has been suggested...?
If something was really off with his app, wouldn't they just ding him? I really believe it's bad luck/late application.
I keep saying it: there's a huge disadvantage in applying late, and IMO people don't underscore this enough.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”