The Waitlist Purgatory [NEW POLL!!] Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Any movement yet??

Accepted off the waitlist!!
11%
Nope. I sent in an LOCI and/or visited campus and hope I get in soon!
31%
Nope, but I'm so done with this law school applications stuff that I can't bring myself to write a LOCI.
8%
Nope, and at this point I don't even care because I'm already going somewhere that actually wants me.
15%
Nope, my safety school waitlisted me and I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
8%
Nope, but I heard of someone else getting in off the waitlists this year so I guess there's still hope.
5%
I'm reapplying next year and hopefully these schools will realize the folly of their ways.
4%
I was never waitlisted and am just still here to continue to water my plants with the TTTears of the peasantry.
4%
Fuck. Everything. Still.
11%
Didn't even apply this year and thank goodness I didn't.
4%

Total votes: 424

intlbr

Bronze

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Post by intlbr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:07 am

Checking in! My first WL ... Notre Dame. Anyone else?

latetothis

Bronze

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory (New Poll!)

Post by latetothis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Last edited by latetothis on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

latetothis

Bronze

Post by latetothis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Last edited by latetothis on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

latetothis

Bronze

Post by latetothis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:50 pm

latetothis

Bronze

Post by latetothis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TudoBem

Bronze

Post by TudoBem » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:34 am

How about this WL list:

Vandy, GULC, Cornell, Northwestern, UMichigan, UPENN, Columbia, Duke, Harvard

9 woohoo! :P

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:35 am

TudoBem wrote:How about this WL list:

at least you got Chicago! :D
and you don't want to buy any GULC stock anyway. Look at those employment numbers lol.

TudoBem

Bronze

Post by TudoBem » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:38 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:

at least you got Chicago! :D
and you don't want to buy any GULC stock anyway. Look at those employment numbers lol.
Thank you Sybill! Good luck on NYU!

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Id hold out for the obvious schools and withdraw from the rest

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:18 pm

7/9 same! Pals :P

xandra_v

Bronze

Post by xandra_v » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Checking in, WL Chicago and Harvard, both dream schools.

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:18 pm

I just got my 10th waitlist, courtesy of UPenn.

Duke, Cornell, UPenn, Chicago, UVA, Michigan, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, UCLA, Georgetown

I'm trying my best just to stay numb to everything now. Anyone else in the double digit camp? I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. No acceptances. :cry:

sfn91

Bronze

Post by sfn91 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Nightwing wrote:I just got my 10th waitlist, courtesy of UPenn.

Duke, Cornell, UPenn, Chicago, UVA, Michigan, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, UCLA, Georgetown

I'm trying my best just to stay numb to everything now. Anyone else in the double digit camp? I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. No acceptances. :cry:
I think you're going to be okay. If memory serves me well, you have a high LSAT and lower GPA right? The dearth of high LSATs this cycle will mean you'll be highly coveted during the summer when schools are desperate to hit their medians and they have a better idea of what their classes will look like.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:09 pm

sfn91 wrote:

I think you're going to be okay. If memory serves me well, you have a high LSAT and lower GPA right? The dearth of high LSATs this cycle will mean you'll be highly coveted during the summer when schools are desperate to hit their medians and they have a better idea of what their classes will look like.
Yeah, I'm a traditional splitter (but nothing really extreme). The thing about my LSAT that really irks me is that my chances at some of these schools seems worse than they would be if I scored lower (according to MyLSN). Like UPenn. They seem drastically more hostile to people with my GPA range this cycle once the LSAT scores goes over 170. Like they're afraid that NYU and/or Columbia are going to take me instead, except I don't think those two want me either and I'm actually not obsessed with T13 rankings enough to inherently care about CCN more than Penn or most of the rest of the mid to lower half of the T13 for that matter.

I just want to celebrate an acceptance, visit some ASD/ASWs, find an apartment, and relax a bit before 1L. Instead, I'm frantically trying to figure out what to send in LOCIs, whether I can afford to visit and show interest to a school that waitlisted me (instead of a more relaxed summer vacation), and which school I should send the "top choice" LOCI claim to. To think of how long I've been anxiously waiting for initial decisions only to find out the waiting has barely even begun and requires even more strenuous application activity than the initial applications; beyond frustrating, I can't plan my life like this.
Last edited by Nightwing on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Can add a third :| 3/4 Three is incidentally also the number of T1 schools that have got back to me so far. W&M, W&L, now UNC, have yet to hear back from the other. In at a T2 (UTK) but ehh not sure I'll do that.

TudoBem

Bronze

Post by TudoBem » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:26 am

Nightwing wrote:
sfn91 wrote:

Yeah, I'm a traditional splitter (but nothing really extreme). The thing about my LSAT that really irks me is that my chances at some of these schools seems worse than they would be if I scored lower (according to MyLSN). Like UPenn. They seem drastically more hostile to people with my GPA range this cycle once the LSAT scores goes over 170. Like they're afraid that NYU and/or Columbia are going to take me instead, except I don't think those two want me either and I'm actually not obsessed with T13 rankings enough to inherently care about CCN more than Penn or most of the rest of the mid to lower half of the T13 for that matter.

I just want to celebrate an acceptance, visit some ASD/ASWs, find an apartment, and relax a bit before 1L. Instead, I'm frantically trying to figure out what to send in LOCIs, whether I can afford to visit and show interest to a school that waitlisted me (instead of a more relaxed summer vacation), and which school I should send the "top choice" LOCI claim to. To think of how long I've been anxiously waiting for initial decisions only to find out the waiting has barely even begun and requires even more strenuous application activity than the initial applications; beyond frustrating, I can't plan my life like this.
If you can swing it, I recommend you to hire Spivey consulting. Best of luck.

alhookem2020

New

Post by alhookem2020 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:25 am

Nightwing wrote:
sfn91 wrote:

You have an LSAT over 170 and got waitlisted at vandy?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:02 am

alhookem2020 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
sfn91 wrote:

I got waitlisted at Vandy with over 170. Although I didn't show much interest, so they probably figured that they weren't at the top of my list.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:09 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
alhookem2020 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
sfn91 wrote:

I got waitlisted at Vandy with over 170. Although I didn't show much interest, so they probably figured that they weren't at the top of my list.
173 and waitlisted at Vandy. Splitter though.

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:28 pm

Nightwing wrote:
sfn91 wrote:

I feel your pain! You're not alone with that shitty feeling. I have 0 acceptances and 3 waitlists. I've written so many LOCI's, send LORs, went on visits, sent updates transcripts, etc. etc. etc. It's become an addition to my second semester of senior year work and not knowing wtf I'm doing in the fall (school or a year off) is really killing me... especially since I applied back in November too. Been waiting a lonnnngggg time. Hang in there. I think the odds are in your favor.

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:39 pm

berkeley just ranked their waitlist
Berkeley Law Wait List Quartile Ranking

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:30 pm

I'm planning on sending my second LOCI to UVA. I was waitlisted in Feb, and sent on in March. Is that too much or should I wait until the end of the month? I know they will start pulling people off their waitlist in early May.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:53 pm

blelwoods wrote:I'm planning on sending my second LOCI to UVA. I was waitlisted in Feb, and sent on in March. Is that too much or should I wait until the end of the month? I know they will start pulling people off their waitlist in early May.
Based off of what I've read, once a month is perfectly fine, as long as you actually have something to say. I'd wait if I were you to send it around the seat deposit deadline.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Has anyone used Spivey for WL help? If so, I'd appreciate a PM :D would love to hear how it works.

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere about it, right?

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:59 pm

fips tedora wrote:
blelwoods wrote:I'm planning on sending my second LOCI to UVA. I was waitlisted in Feb, and sent on in March. Is that too much or should I wait until the end of the month? I know they will start pulling people off their waitlist in early May.
Based off of what I've read, once a month is perfectly fine, as long as you actually have something to say. I'd wait if I were you to send it around the seat deposit deadline.

Gracias!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”