The Waitlist Purgatory [NEW POLL!!] Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Any movement yet??

Accepted off the waitlist!!
11%
Nope. I sent in an LOCI and/or visited campus and hope I get in soon!
31%
Nope, but I'm so done with this law school applications stuff that I can't bring myself to write a LOCI.
8%
Nope, and at this point I don't even care because I'm already going somewhere that actually wants me.
15%
Nope, my safety school waitlisted me and I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
8%
Nope, but I heard of someone else getting in off the waitlists this year so I guess there's still hope.
5%
I'm reapplying next year and hopefully these schools will realize the folly of their ways.
4%
I was never waitlisted and am just still here to continue to water my plants with the TTTears of the peasantry.
4%
Fuck. Everything. Still.
11%
Didn't even apply this year and thank goodness I didn't.
4%

Total votes: 424

lcsslily

New

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Post by lcsslily » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:40 pm

I know this is probably basic knowledge to a lot of people on here, but I was wondering if I send an updated transcript to LSAC will I have to pay the report fees again to have them distribute my updated grades?

I just got on the waitlist at UCLA and have been put on hold at Georgetown (and many more to come, I'm sure), so I am trying to decide if I will need to pay again/how it works. My GPA only increased 0.01 points but as my GPA is already high, it shows I am keeping up with my workload. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Lawschool305

Bronze

Post by Lawschool305 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Checking in! First waitlist of the cycle thanks to UPenn. Will be adding myself to the list as well, but may ask to be removed depending on how some other acceptances go.

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:30 pm

lcsslily wrote:I know this is probably basic knowledge to a lot of people on here, but I was wondering if I send an updated transcript to LSAC will I have to pay the report fees again to have them distribute my updated grades?

I just got on the waitlist at UCLA and have been put on hold at Georgetown (and many more to come, I'm sure), so I am trying to decide if I will need to pay again/how it works. My GPA only increased 0.01 points but as my GPA is already high, it shows I am keeping up with my workload. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
No, you don't have to pay any report fees. The only fee you may have to pay would be your undergraduate school's cost for sending transcripts. Might sound weird but my school charges you $10 for every transcript sent.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:35 pm

Checking in for Vanderbilt :( What should my email to stay on the waitlist look like?

lcsslily

New

Post by lcsslily » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:44 pm

tparty wrote:
lcsslily wrote:I know this is probably basic knowledge to a lot of people on here, but I was wondering if I send an updated transcript to LSAC will I have to pay the report fees again to have them distribute my updated grades?

Thanks!
No, you don't have to pay any report fees. The only fee you may have to pay would be your undergraduate school's cost for sending transcripts. Might sound weird but my school charges you $10 for every transcript sent.
Great, thanks! My school charges to do them online, but they're free if you go in person ... doesn't make much sense but thanks for the heads up!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jcraze523

New

Post by jcraze523 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:47 pm

Waitslisted at GW. GPA and LSAT both near 25th so I'm actually a bit surprised. I am URM though. Better than a straight rejection. When should I send them a LOCI?

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

treetops_rising

New

Post by treetops_rising » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:51 pm

Checking in. Duke Waitlist. Not sure there's much hope since it's not the priority waitlist. :roll:

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:12 pm

treetops_rising wrote:Checking in. Duke Waitlist. Not sure there's much hope since it's not the priority waitlist. :roll:
Not to be a downer, but I saw some numbers on here that Duke had one of the lowest wl->acceptance amount the t14. Granted, this is from LSN and I think late cycle info on there is extremely spotty.

I did withdraw from the non-priority waitlist as soon as I had other options anyway, though.

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

smashbash

Bronze

Post by smashbash » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:11 pm

WL at BU, BC, UNC, and CU... and I see more in my near future :mrgreen:

TudoBem

Bronze

Post by TudoBem » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:45 am

WL @ GULC, Cornell and Penn so far...ugh....

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:11 pm

This might be an obvious question but of course I'm being overly anal about it to avoid any awkward mistakes...

You have a recommender who already sent in their LOR but you want them to send in an updated one that addresses a different school - does the LOR autimatically change into the newer one? The previous version is gone, right? I just don't want to send one school a LOR intended for another school... LSAC is closed today so I can't call either.

renc56

Bronze

Post by renc56 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:51 pm

WL at UCLA and likely UT Austin.

I (surprisingly) bombed the LSAT and will likely take again in the summer/finish my emotional turmoil of having to go through it again.

Since I keep hearing that WL get almost no financial aid or none at all - is there a point to wait out for WL if you don't have $100K+ to spare?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

angelfan5589

New

Post by angelfan5589 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:49 pm

renc56 wrote:WL at UCLA and likely UT Austin.

I (surprisingly) bombed the LSAT and will likely take again in the summer/finish my emotional turmoil of having to go through it again.

Since I keep hearing that WL get almost no financial aid or none at all - is there a point to wait out for WL if you don't have $100K+ to spare?
I'm sure most people will say that it's not worth it, especially if you're planning on taking the test again. I would just reapply next cycle with your new score.

studyingeveryday

Silver

Post by studyingeveryday » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:22 pm

When a school tells us we're on a waitlist and asks us to email to confirm whether we want to remain on a waitlist, that just warrants a "yes" response, and the actual LOCI comes later, right?

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:44 pm

GPA - 3.66-3.7
LSAT - 169

Waitlisted at Cornell, Duke, UVA, and Penn.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:52 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:When a school tells us we're on a waitlist and asks us to email to confirm whether we want to remain on a waitlist, that just warrants a "yes" response, and the actual LOCI comes later, right?
This is what I did.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:00 pm

somedeadman wrote:GPA - 3.66-3.7
LSAT - 169

Waitlisted at Cornell, Duke.
I can why Penn (GPA) and UVA (GPA) might WL you but Cornell and Duke, really? That's tough. You've got great stats. Just keep your head up. I'm sure good things are coming your way this cycle!

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:01 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
LSAT - 169

Waitlisted at Cornell, Duke.
I can why Penn (GPA) and UVA (GPA) might WL you but Cornell and Duke, really? That's tough. You've got great stats. Just keep your head up. I'm sure good things are coming your way this cycle!
Thanks, I really hope so.

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Waitlisted at Vandy. Kinda surprised since my interview went well and people with significantly lower numbers/not URMS got in, but oh well. My LSAT score will hold me back and I know that.

I sent an updated resume and am retaking the LSAT in February so we will see. It's not my first choice, but it's up there and it would be a great bargaining chip for my first choice.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:28 pm

LSAT - 169

Waitlisted at Cornell, Duke, UVA, and Penn.
I think you should write LOCIs for all of them. You should have a really good chance of getting off the WLs!
Did you interview at Cornell by any chance??

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:32 pm

tparty wrote:This might be an obvious question but of course I'm being overly anal about it to avoid any awkward mistakes...

You have a recommender who already sent in their LOR but you want them to send in an updated one that addresses a different school - does the LOR autimatically change into the newer one? The previous version is gone, right? I just don't want to send one school a LOR intended for another school... LSAC is closed today so I can't call either.
I'm not sure if I understand this question. You have the ability to title/name your LORs on LSAC and send to schools whichever ones you want to send. Or are you asking if the LORs you've already sent to schools update with the newer version?

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Checking in. WL at GW and Boston College. Sent LOCI.

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Got a WL from UCLA ED in late December. Does anyone know if it's true that they pull from ED applicants first? I sent an LOCI early this month and they basically said they aren't looking at stuff until May. :|

paytonalexandra

New

Post by paytonalexandra » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:55 pm

I read somewhere that you should wait until around April to send a LOCI, but that seems like such a long time, so I'm conflicted.

Also, does visiting a school really help get you off the WL? I am not near the school that I am waitlisted at and am not in the position to blow money on a visit unless it could actually help.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”