Admission Weekend Stipend Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
harmcharm

New

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Post by harmcharm » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:07 pm

RParadela wrote:
treetops_rising wrote:Does anyone know if Georgetown has any $$ available? I emailed admission and I haven't heard anything yet. Found some cheap spirit airline flights for under $200 to make it to their January ASW. I'm coming from LA, so even if I jump on this ticket it's still a lot to put together to come in for the weekend and it be nice to get something.
They definitively do not. I toured Gtown earlier this month and talked to one of the admission officers there and he said they do not offer travel stipends
+1. I know a guy who flew in to GULC from San Diego who didn't get any--if anyone was gonna to get reimbursed, it would be the ED kid flying cross country, so I think it's safe to say no stipends period.

ohgosh

New

Post by ohgosh » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:57 pm

Anyone know about travel stipends that USC/UCLA offer? Do they only offer these if you visit on their designated weekends or also for individual visits?

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:47 pm

What happens if you have two schools in the same city that are having ASW on the same weekend? Do you only get reimbursed for one of them?*

Say you're coming from overseas and an individual stipend won't cover the airfare but two stipends put together can.,..

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:52 pm

ohgosh wrote:Anyone know about travel stipends that USC/UCLA offer? Do they only offer these if you visit on their designated weekends or also for individual visits?
usc is 200 in state flight/350 out of state

eta:
designated days 3 in march one in april

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Emory pays for your hotel, according to the visiting day brochure they sent with your acceptance packet.

Any word on if they'll reimburse flights?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

adidasz

New

Post by adidasz » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:02 pm

Pepperdine = up to $450 IF you end up attending their school in the fall.

ohgosh

New

Post by ohgosh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Is there a group/doc which lists the ASWs for different law schools? That'd be super helpful!

goldenbear2020

Silver

Post by goldenbear2020 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:36 pm

ohgosh wrote:Is there a group/doc which lists the ASWs for different law schools? That'd be super helpful!
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=272188

ohgosh

New

Post by ohgosh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:06 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
ohgosh wrote:Is there a group/doc which lists the ASWs for different law schools? That'd be super helpful!
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=272188
Thanks a ton!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ReadyToStart

New

Post by ReadyToStart » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Anybody know anything about Cornell? I don't have a car, and it's a pretty expensive bus ride from NYC.

LikelyThrowaway

Bronze

Post by LikelyThrowaway » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:09 am

Bump for more info

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:29 am

Saw this was mentioned earlier but there wasn't a specific answer, if I want to visit NU and Chi can I only collect one stipend or both of them?

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:26 am

dasq5511 wrote:Saw this was mentioned earlier but there wasn't a specific answer, if I want to visit NU and Chi can I only collect one stipend or both of them?
I have a feeling that this is something that differs by school and I wouldn't be surprised if NU and Chi avoid doing ASW at the same time.

Also, NU hasn't really released much (any) info about ASW on their website yet but I know that you have to fill out some kinda form. Idk if it's a need-based thing or a first-come, first-serve thing or what...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:01 pm

brinicolec wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:Saw this was mentioned earlier but there wasn't a specific answer, if I want to visit NU and Chi can I only collect one stipend or both of them?
I have a feeling that this is something that differs by school and I wouldn't be surprised if NU and Chi avoid doing ASW at the same time.

Also, NU hasn't really released much (any) info about ASW on their website yet but I know that you have to fill out some kinda form. Idk if it's a need-based thing or a first-come, first-serve thing or what...
Both ASWs are the same weekend, it looks like Chicago has events mostly Thurs-Sat and NU has events mostly Sat-Sun.

pandaaa

New

Post by pandaaa » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:24 pm

Yale offered me $350 for air transportation from CA. Not sure if this is the max.

Gabriel_is_Satan

Bronze

Post by Gabriel_is_Satan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:49 pm

pandaaa wrote:Yale offered me $350 for air transportation from CA. Not sure if this is the max.
Well, congrats, I guess! Look up the price of a ticket, and if it's above 350, email them and ask politely if they would be willing to cover the full fare. They might, they might not, but nothing bad will happen if you ask politely.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”