Penn State-Dickinson c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bmathers

Silver

Re: Penn State-Dickinson c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Post by bmathers » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:35 pm

saf18hornet wrote:
bmathers wrote: That's 8 out of around 60 total grads, of which I would say that the majority had goals of staying in-state. When class sizes are that small, percentages become rather negligible and can very easily be made unrepresentative by literally 2 or 3 students doing, or not doing, something.
Just to be clear, your odds of unemployment after graduation from Dickinson are about as high as working out of state. We have no way of knowing if people "want" to work in PA after graduating or have no other options. For all we know, every single unemployed graduate was due to failure of finding employment out of PA.
Look at the numbers that make up their unemployment - the majority had either start deffered or were pursuing a further degree FT. Only about 9% of all grads were legit unemployed

jenoh82223

New

Post by jenoh82223 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:36 am

Hello, everyone.
First time posting here.

I applied for Penn State Law(not Dickinson) and got waitlisted about 20 days ago.
I have a 157, 3.21, a year of working experience, and I am an international student.
Does anyone know when will they reselect students from the waitlist? Or is there something more I can do? Or how many students will choose other schools?
If anyone can offer me some advise will be great.
Thanks! :(

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:43 am

jenoh82223 wrote:Hello, everyone.
First time posting here.

I applied for Penn State Law(not Dickinson) and got waitlisted about 20 days ago.
I have a 157, 3.21, a year of working experience, and I am an international student.
Does anyone know when will they reselect students from the waitlist? Or is there something more I can do? Or how many students will choose other schools?
I just withdrew a full tuition waiver from Penn State Law yesterday - here's hoping it helps you out! I'll be attending Penn State Dickinson in the fall - you should think about applying there

jenoh82223

New

Post by jenoh82223 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:28 am

bmathers wrote:
First time posting here.

I just withdrew a full tuition waiver from Penn State Law yesterday - here's hoping it helps you out! I'll be attending Penn State Dickinson in the fall - you should think about applying there
Thanks a lot!!! :o
Is it possible that I apply for Dickinson now and they are still not full?
cause I thought March is already very late... :oops:

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:47 am

jenoh82223 wrote:
bmathers wrote:
First time posting here.

It is late, but you can go ahead and try. I know someone who got in after the June LSAT last cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jenoh82223

New

Post by jenoh82223 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:18 am

bmathers wrote:
jenoh82223 wrote:
bmathers wrote:
First time posting here.

It is late, but you can go ahead and try. I know someone who got in after the June LSAT last cycle.
Thanks for your advise! It is very helpful.
I will definitely take it into consideration!

ceilingistheroof

New

Post by ceilingistheroof » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:31 am

jenoh82223 wrote:
bmathers wrote:
jenoh82223 wrote:
bmathers wrote:
First time posting here.

Thanks for your advise! It is very helpful.
I will definitely take it into consideration!
I am probably a little late here, but I believe that their admissions cycle is open until June 30th, so it wouldn't hurt to try!

jenoh82223

New

Post by jenoh82223 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:03 am

Thanks for answering!
I have initiated the process applying for Dickinson.
Don't know how much longer will it take for Penn State to select students again... :(

lilyanne

New

Post by lilyanne » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Does anyone have insight on transferring from Dickinson? I can see that people transfer in, but it's hard to believe no one transfers out, even with such small classes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:57 pm

lilyanne wrote:Does anyone have insight on transferring from Dickinson? I can see that people transfer in, but it's hard to believe no one transfers out, even with such small classes.
2015 and 2014 saw transfers out. It seems like maybe 1-2 per year is pretty normal

pyramidenergy888

New

Post by pyramidenergy888 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Went to the ASD last Friday. I appreciated how open the faculty and staff were. It seemed like they were proud of their school and wanted to show us prospective students what they were all about. LOVED the building. So new and nice. I got in on Thurs and stayed until Monday because the airfare was cheapest that way but I'm glad I did because it gave me time to find a place!

To all the others who will be attending, see you in the Fall!!!!! :-)

pyramidenergy888

New

Post by pyramidenergy888 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Sending out another hello to see if there is anyone else out there in the TLS community who is attending in the Fall?

I am so excited. I am busy working and saving money for Fall semester and looking forward to my cross country road trip to Carlisle in July. How are you guys spending your summer?

Peace

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:32 pm

pyramidenergy888 wrote:Sending out another hello to see if there is anyone else out there in the TLS community who is attending in the Fall?

I am so excited. I am busy working and saving money for Fall semester and looking forward to my cross country road trip to Carlisle in July. How are you guys spending your summer?

Peace
Awesome - where are you coming from??

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pyramidenergy888

New

Post by pyramidenergy888 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Reno, Nevada :)

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:59 am

pyramidenergy888 wrote:Reno, Nevada :)
Silver City gets kind of weird AF after regular tourist hours. Highly recommend it. Sunday or Monday around 8-10PM (can't remember exactly when) and you're set.

pyramidenergy888

New

Post by pyramidenergy888 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:52 pm

34iplaw wrote:
pyramidenergy888 wrote:Reno, Nevada :)
Silver City gets kind of weird AF after regular tourist hours. Highly recommend it. Sunday or Monday around 8-10PM (can't remember exactly when) and you're set.
Yeah I have been there during the day. That was weird enough for me. lol

ceilingistheroof

New

Post by ceilingistheroof » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:20 pm

pyramidenergy888 wrote:Sending out another hello to see if there is anyone else out there in the TLS community who is attending in the Fall?

Peace
Pretty excited to meet all of you in the fall! I just paid my second seat deposit today! Hopefully we can keep this thread relatively active until orientation!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pyramidenergy888

New

Post by pyramidenergy888 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:12 pm

ceilingistheroof wrote:

Peace
Pretty excited to meet all of you in the fall! I just paid my second seat deposit today! Hopefully we can keep this thread relatively active until orientation!
Likewise looking forward to meeting you. Where are you from? I just paid the second deposit today too.

ceilingistheroof

New

Post by ceilingistheroof » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:28 am

pyramidenergy888 wrote:
ceilingistheroof wrote:

Peace
Likewise looking forward to meeting you. Where are you from? I just paid the second deposit today too.
I am from Wisconsin, so it'll be a long move! I should be there in the end of July, which will give me a few weeks to become acclimated with the city. When are you arriving?

pyramidenergy888

New

Post by pyramidenergy888 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:42 pm

ceilingistheroof wrote:
pyramidenergy888 wrote:
ceilingistheroof wrote:

Peace
I am from Wisconsin, so it'll be a long move! I should be there in the end of July, which will give me a few weeks to become acclimated with the city. When are you arriving?
Arriving Aug 3 or 4... won't be much time till we have orientation. I believe that's on the 14th or 15th.. My girlfriend and I are super busy working and saving up for the move. So looking forward to the road trip from NV to Carlisle!!!

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:55 am

Aug 14, yes. My current lease ends at the end of this month, and my lease in Carlisle begins on July 1, so I'm moving down at the end of the month. Not looking forward to losing the amenities of a city (more-or-less, the plethora of different types of gyms up here). It is what it is, though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pyramidenergy888

New

Post by pyramidenergy888 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:55 pm

So what do you all like to do for fun?

I like to play poker and I like the outdoors. I will start a home poker game once school starts if there is interest. Gotta put that housing stipend to good use JK ;) lol

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:26 am

pyramidenergy888 wrote:So what do you all like to do for fun?

I like to play poker and I like the outdoors. I will start a home poker game once school starts if there is interest. Gotta put that housing stipend to good use JK ;) lol
I like to be active and do things with my dog. Considering we are classmates, he'll probably make some outdoor appearances around the building. I have some other hobbies, but don't think they'll translate to the Carlisle area.

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:29 am

Any guesses on our class size this year? I know they cap it at 75, but recently it's been more like 60. With all the money they are giving out this year, and seeing more activity on here with the school this year, I wouldn't be surprised with 70 students. Totally just a wild guess though.

ceilingistheroof

New

Post by ceilingistheroof » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:18 am

bmathers wrote:Any guesses on our class size this year? I know they cap it at 75, but recently it's been more like 60. With all the money they are giving out this year, and seeing more activity on here with the school this year, I wouldn't be surprised with 70 students. Totally just a wild guess though.
I've been wondering this as well. I also wonder if/how employment stats will change with a class size 2x larger than last year.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”