Negotiating scholarships works!!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NukinFutz

Re: Negotiating scholarships works!!!!!

Postby NukinFutz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:18 pm

I see. Makes more sense. Best of luck.

lawschoolgirl312

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:12 pm

I want to negotiate my scholarship ASAP, but I don't know what I am getting yet from Notre Dame, and I want to use that to leverage my scholarship at UCI. How do I go about doing this/will they even budge without me saying how much I got from Notre Dame?

kippercd

Postby kippercd » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:I want to negotiate my scholarship ASAP, but I don't know what I am getting yet from Notre Dame, and I want to use that to leverage my scholarship at UCI. How do I go about doing this/will they even budge without me saying how much I got from Notre Dame?

I mean you can ask them, but dont mention ND if you have no money from them yet.
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rtkr

Postby rtkr » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Last edited by rtkr on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

StephArizona

Postby StephArizona » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm going to negotiate with a school and they sent me a form, I asked about timing and they suggested once before seat deposits and again afterwards.

I didn't think about that but it makes sense... they should have more $$ at that point. This could work well if you have a WL somewhere higher ranked and might give you the best of both worlds. I never would have thought of it.

NukinFutz

Postby NukinFutz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:03 pm

StephArizona wrote:I'm going to negotiate with a school and they sent me a form, I asked about timing and they suggested once before seat deposits and again afterwards.

I didn't think about that but it makes sense... they should have more $$ at that point. This could work well if you have a WL somewhere higher ranked and might give you the best of both worlds. I never would have thought of it.

What school is this? Thanks!

lawschoolgirl312

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Question: who do you address your negotiating scholarship email to? Is it the financial aid department?

QUIZ

Postby QUIZ » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:55 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:Question: who do you address your negotiating scholarship email to? Is it the financial aid department?

Dean of admissions or whoever's name was listed in your initial scholarship/acceptance email.

newyorkgirl6295

Postby newyorkgirl6295 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:01 pm

How long does it generally take to hear back from schools ?? I just sent two negotiation emails yesterday and I'm already impatient LOL

DKM

Postby DKM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Any tips on using an improved lsat score during the negotiation process?

I'm in at one of my targets with 75% scholarship and am still waiting on acceptances from two other schools. I applied while registered for the Feb Lsat so I'm not sure if they're a bit slow or if they are just waiting on my new score before making a decision. I'm almost positive that I got a better score on the Feb test than I have gotten before, so what's the best way to point this out in an e-mail? I can't really do anything right now until I get my new score and acceptances from these last two schools. I just assume that the score and acceptances are just going to get dumped on me at the same time and I'll have a busy few days :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”