Negotiating scholarships works!!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NukinFutz

Bronze

Re: Negotiating scholarships works!!!!!

Postby NukinFutz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:18 pm

I see. Makes more sense. Best of luck.

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:12 pm

I want to negotiate my scholarship ASAP, but I don't know what I am getting yet from Notre Dame, and I want to use that to leverage my scholarship at UCI. How do I go about doing this/will they even budge without me saying how much I got from Notre Dame?

kippercd

Bronze

Postby kippercd » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:I want to negotiate my scholarship ASAP, but I don't know what I am getting yet from Notre Dame, and I want to use that to leverage my scholarship at UCI. How do I go about doing this/will they even budge without me saying how much I got from Notre Dame?

I mean you can ask them, but dont mention ND if you have no money from them yet.
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rtkr

New

Postby rtkr » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Last edited by rtkr on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

StephArizona

New

Postby StephArizona » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm going to negotiate with a school and they sent me a form, I asked about timing and they suggested once before seat deposits and again afterwards.

I didn't think about that but it makes sense... they should have more $$ at that point. This could work well if you have a WL somewhere higher ranked and might give you the best of both worlds. I never would have thought of it.

NukinFutz

Bronze

Postby NukinFutz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:03 pm

StephArizona wrote:I'm going to negotiate with a school and they sent me a form, I asked about timing and they suggested once before seat deposits and again afterwards.

I didn't think about that but it makes sense... they should have more $$ at that point. This could work well if you have a WL somewhere higher ranked and might give you the best of both worlds. I never would have thought of it.

What school is this? Thanks!

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Question: who do you address your negotiating scholarship email to? Is it the financial aid department?

QUIZ

New

Postby QUIZ » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:55 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:Question: who do you address your negotiating scholarship email to? Is it the financial aid department?

Dean of admissions or whoever's name was listed in your initial scholarship/acceptance email.

newyorkgirl6295

New

Postby newyorkgirl6295 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:01 pm

How long does it generally take to hear back from schools ?? I just sent two negotiation emails yesterday and I'm already impatient LOL

DKM

New

Postby DKM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Any tips on using an improved lsat score during the negotiation process?

I'm in at one of my targets with 75% scholarship and am still waiting on acceptances from two other schools. I applied while registered for the Feb Lsat so I'm not sure if they're a bit slow or if they are just waiting on my new score before making a decision. I'm almost positive that I got a better score on the Feb test than I have gotten before, so what's the best way to point this out in an e-mail? I can't really do anything right now until I get my new score and acceptances from these last two schools. I just assume that the score and acceptances are just going to get dumped on me at the same time and I'll have a busy few days :D

Neilp

New

Postby Neilp » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:29 am

How did you go about wording this to the school? And did you do it via email?

jgloster

Bronze

Postby jgloster » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:04 pm

Is it still that time of the cycle to negotiate? Or is it too late? I'm going crazy because most of my schools stillbhavent gotten back to me, and the few that have only gave me 50%-80% off tuition...I need better deals before the seat deposit deadline comes up and I have to chose one.

Any schools that offer a stipend?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?