George Mason Scalia Law c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Army_of_blood

New

Re: George Mason Scalia Law c/o 2020

Post by Army_of_blood » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:56 pm

chicagoburger wrote:
Army_of_blood wrote:
Kewl. Wasn't aware that because Sotomayer, RBG, and Kagan attended a dedication that I should go. Where did I claim to know more than anyone? As an LGBT individual, I'm not going to a school named after a man who consistently tried to stop myself and others like me from attaining basic civil rights.
What kind of "basic civil rights" has Scalia denied you "LGBT individual"?
You can Google it.

LawBuckeye12

New

Post by LawBuckeye12 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Army_of_blood wrote:
chicagoburger wrote:
Army_of_blood wrote:
Kewl. Wasn't aware that because Sotomayer, RBG, and Kagan attended a dedication that I should go. Where did I claim to know more than anyone? As an LGBT individual, I'm not going to a school named after a man who consistently tried to stop myself and others like me from attaining basic civil rights.
You can Google it.
No you need to google it. You clearly are ignorant to Scalia's opinion. Scalia argues that the states or even the federal legislature should make the law regarding same sex marriage since those are the people who are elected and are accountable to their constituents. We learn in first grade that the Judicial law interprets law not creates it.

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:55 pm

LawBuckeye12 wrote:
Army_of_blood wrote:
chicagoburger wrote:
Army_of_blood wrote:
You can Google it.
No you need to google it. You clearly are ignorant to Scalia's opinion. Scalia argues that the states or even the federal legislature should make the law regarding same sex marriage since those are the people who are elected and are accountable to their constituents. We learn in first grade that the Judicial law interprets law not creates it.
The argument on the table was about whether or not the limiting marriage to straight people was discriminatory under the 14th amendment. It had nothing to do with "creating" law, it was about interpreting what rights the 14th amendment protects. Scalia argued that it doesn't protect gay people and their right to marry. Regardless of what you believe, be accurate in the facts.

Bunbury

New

Post by Bunbury » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:21 pm

My status checker is completely blank. Is this normal? My stats are competitive. I applied mid Feb and then submitted a Feb LSAT so it hasn't been too long but all the other schools have acknowledged my applications at a minimum.

LawBuckeye12

New

Post by LawBuckeye12 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Bunbury wrote:My status checker is completely blank. Is this normal? My stats are competitive. I applied mid Feb and then submitted a Feb LSAT so it hasn't been too long but all the other schools have acknowledged my applications at a minimum.
It's normal. You will be contacted by email when a decision happens. They took the longest out of my 10 schools

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bunbury

New

Post by Bunbury » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:39 pm

LawBuckeye12 wrote:
Bunbury wrote:My status checker is completely blank. Is this normal? My stats are competitive. I applied mid Feb and then submitted a Feb LSAT so it hasn't been too long but all the other schools have acknowledged my applications at a minimum.
It's normal. You will be contacted by email when a decision happens. They took the longest out of my 10 schools
Good to know! I guess I won't take it personally then :) How long did it take for you to hear back?

LawBuckeye12

New

Post by LawBuckeye12 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Bunbury wrote:
LawBuckeye12 wrote:
Good to know! I guess I won't take it personally then :) How long did it take for you to hear back?
I applied in October and got accepted in January

Bunbury

New

Post by Bunbury » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:42 pm

LawBuckeye12 wrote:
Bunbury wrote:
LawBuckeye12 wrote:
I applied in October and got accepted in January
Thanks! Fingers crossed I hear soon.

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Going to admitted students day on April 8th! Who's with me?! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jfo13

New

Post by jfo13 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:17 pm

Got my acceptance phone call today! Just curious, when did everyone receive their official emails/postal mail acceptances after getting the phone call? And when did you hear about scholarships?

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:52 pm

jfo13 wrote:Got my acceptance phone call today! Just curious, when did everyone receive their official emails/postal mail acceptances after getting the phone call? And when did you hear about scholarships?
Scholarship info will come with the acceptance packet. Also I think it was within a week that I received it. (Snail mail only). ALSO- congrats!

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:45 am

Anyone still waiting on a response?

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:16 pm

In today via phone call with no status change on status checker!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:In today via phone call with no status change on status checker!!!
Congrats! Are you going to the open house?

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:42 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:In today via phone call with no status change on status checker!!!
I cannot. I am my best friend's maid of honor and the bridal shower is the day of the open house (horrible timing for me with all the ASDs being when all the wedding festivities are happening).

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
I cannot. I am my best friend's maid of honor and the bridal shower is the day of the open house (horrible timing for me with all the ASDs being when all the wedding festivities are happening).
Aw that sucks but weddings are always fun :)
Well, I may be choosing GMU due to scholarships and locations. If you end up choosing it, we may run into each other!

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:56 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
Aw that sucks but weddings are always fun :)
Well, I may be choosing GMU due to scholarships and locations. If you end up choosing it, we may run into each other!
I have more schools to hear back from but right now it's probably near the top of my list.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lk7999

New

Post by lk7999 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Anyone know if George Mason offers travel stipend/hotel accommodations for visits outside of ASWs?

marniemadden

New

Post by marniemadden » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 am

lk7999 wrote:Anyone know if George Mason offers travel stipend/hotel accommodations for visits outside of ASWs?
If you're going to one of their open houses they reimburse up to $500.

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:24 am

marniemadden wrote:
lk7999 wrote:Anyone know if George Mason offers travel stipend/hotel accommodations for visits outside of ASWs?
If you're going to one of their open houses they reimburse up to $500.
They actually do more.

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:26 am

Has anyone gotten unsolicited scholarship bumps/ do we know if GMU does this?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

soneill2113

New

Post by soneill2113 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:12 am

Last minute decision to apply!

How long has the turn around been? Kinda long or not too painful?

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:04 pm

Slightly disappointed in the school....money isn't convicning enough to attend.

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:23 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:Slightly disappointed in the school....money isn't convicning enough to attend.
That's exactly how I felt after visiting. Wasn't impressed.

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:22 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:Slightly disappointed in the school....money isn't convicning enough to attend.
That's exactly how I felt after visiting. Wasn't impressed.
Did you get a weird vibe?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”