George Mason Scalia Law c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Charlie802

Bronze

Re: George Mason Scalia Law c/o 2020

Post by Charlie802 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:31 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:Slightly disappointed in the school....money isn't convicning enough to attend.
That's exactly how I felt after visiting. Wasn't impressed.
Did you get a weird vibe?
Yeah, I 100% did. I couldn't picture myself there. Career services rubbed me the wrong way. Overall, odd experience.

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:Slightly disappointed in the school....money isn't convicning enough to attend.
Yeah, I 100% did. I couldn't picture myself there. Career services rubbed me the wrong way. Overall, odd experience.
Oh yeah! What was with the career services being so....idk how to describe it. Same...I thought that with the scholarship I received I would be in a good position to choose that school but now I'm thinking differently. And career services couldn't even answer questions.....

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:52 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
Oh yeah! What was with the career services being so....idk how to describe it. Same...I thought that with the scholarship I received I would be in a good position to choose that school but now I'm thinking differently. And career services couldn't even answer questions.....
I agree. I have no idea how to describe it. Was your tour given by an admissions person? I thought that was so weird. They usually have a current student. Sorry you got your JD at UVA, not the same thing.

"You can do it if you really try. We cancel most OCI because no one signs up." Yeah... not promising.

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
I agree. I have no idea how to describe it. Was your tour given by an admissions person? I thought that was so weird. They usually have a current student. Sorry you got your JD at UVA, not the same thing.

"You can do it if you really try. We cancel most OCI because no one signs up." Yeah... not promising.
I did get it with a student but she was an evening student and I was considering day...so it isn't the same.

They told you they cancel OCI.......?!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:14 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:

I did get it with a student but she was an evening student and I was considering day...so it isn't the same.

They told you they cancel OCI.......?!
They seem to not grasp the whole tour thing and how important that is.

I was told that "usually they only have about 5 people interested, so they cancel it a lot because there isn't a demand." Literally. I am not sure about their public interest OCI as I have no interest and didn't ask. But as far as firm recruitment goes I kind of got the feeling that it is like "best of luck and may the odds be ever in your favor."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mycollar

New

Post by mycollar » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:15 pm

How long did it take for everyone to hear back? I applied pretty close to the deadline, but my application has already been marked as complete and they sent me an email to let me know that my application was being forwarded for review. Just trying to get a feel for when I'll hear something.

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Just withdrew with $$. Good luck everyone!

lollawschool

New

Post by lollawschool » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Could use some advice about negotiating— I got more money total from GW, but with in-state tuition plus help from my work (which is a GMU affiliate), GMU ends up much much cheaper. Could I still use GW's offer to negotiate? How can I get across that even though Mason is cheaper as is, I could still use a little more to tip the scales in that direction?

marniemadden

New

Post by marniemadden » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:59 pm

lollawschool wrote:Could use some advice about negotiating— I got more money total from GW, but with in-state tuition plus help from my work (which is a GMU affiliate), GMU ends up much much cheaper. Could I still use GW's offer to negotiate? How can I get across that even though Mason is cheaper as is, I could still use a little more to tip the scales in that direction?
Reach out to them (I'd call, though they're super responsive to email if you don't get them on the phone), explain what you just said, see if they'll give you a reconsideration form. It has to go in front of the admissions panel again. They do take US News ranking into consideration-- GMU is currently 41 and GW is 30, so that's sort of what you have as leverage.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”