Rutgers C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
quietnoise

New

Re: Rutgers C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by quietnoise » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:38 pm

In via status checker as of 20 mins ago. Don't know anything further yet. Haven't received the email.

thefuturewoods

New

Post by thefuturewoods » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Has anyone who had their application on hold hear anything yet...? Rutgers is my #1 choice and I'm starting to get nervous because I applied in early November and have been on hold since January :(

texaschic

New

Post by texaschic » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:49 pm

thefuturewoods wrote:Has anyone who had their application on hold hear anything yet...? Rutgers is my #1 choice and I'm starting to get nervous because I applied in early November and have been on hold since January :(
I'm in the same boat, but I applied in October. And I have deposits due on April 1st so I really hope to hear in the next few weeks so I can make a decision. I understand your anxiety I feel it too!

Army_of_blood

New

Post by Army_of_blood » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:43 am

Got scholly offer recently. Pretty much a full ride. Excited about it and Rutgers moving 30 spots in the rankings to 62

quietnoise

New

Post by quietnoise » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:04 pm

Army_of_blood wrote:Got scholly offer recently. Pretty much a full ride. Excited about it and Rutgers moving 30 spots in the rankings to 62
Saw that, pretty nice!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

redbulls2595

New

Post by redbulls2595 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Hey guys! I've been accepted to Rutgers Law and will most definitely be attending the Newark Campus due to the amount of money I've gotten from the school & I live in NJ as well.

I also got accepted to the MSP program and will probably be doing that this summer.

If you guys have any questions about the building, the Newark area, or transportation (I'm an undergrad at Rutgers-Newark and took some basic law classes at the law school as well), feel free to ask!

thefuturewoods

New

Post by thefuturewoods » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Has anyone with a held application heard anything back yet? Starting to get a bit nervous as I have deposits due at other schools very soon...

redbulls2595

New

Post by redbulls2595 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:16 pm

thefuturewoods wrote:Has anyone with a held application heard anything back yet? Starting to get a bit nervous as I have deposits due at other schools very soon...

Have you tried contacting admissions about whether or not they made a decision. Should definitely bring up the fact that you have deposit deadlines coming up.

thefuturewoods

New

Post by thefuturewoods » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:59 pm

redbulls2595 wrote:
thefuturewoods wrote:Has anyone with a held application heard anything back yet? Starting to get a bit nervous as I have deposits due at other schools very soon...

Have you tried contacting admissions about whether or not they made a decision. Should definitely bring up the fact that you have deposit deadlines coming up.
I actually just sent them an e-mail this afternoon! Hopefully they respond soon

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Raven48

New

Post by Raven48 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:42 pm

Sup guys,

I got accepted at the end of January and am thinkin of going here. Graduated from the New Brunswick campus a couple years ago. Anyone goin to Newark Dean's Law day on the 31st?
redbulls2595 wrote:If you guys have any questions about the building, the Newark area, or transportation (I'm an undergrad at Rutgers-Newark and took some basic law classes at the law school as well), feel free to ask!
Hey yeah, I was wondering about their transportation up there, specifically from Penn Station to to campus. Looks like they have a campus shuttle that stops at the station so I was probably gonna take that.

redbulls2595

New

Post by redbulls2595 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:36 pm

Raven48 wrote:Sup guys,

I got accepted at the end of January and am thinkin of going here. Graduated from the New Brunswick campus a couple years ago. Anyone goin to Newark Dean's Law day on the 31st?
redbulls2595 wrote:If you guys have any questions about the building, the Newark area, or transportation (I'm an undergrad at Rutgers-Newark and took some basic law classes at the law school as well), feel free to ask!
Hey yeah, I was wondering about their transportation up there, specifically from Penn Station to to campus. Looks like they have a campus shuttle that stops at the station so I was probably gonna take that.

I'll be at the Dean's Law Day as well. As far as transportation, Rutgers-Newark does have a campus shuttle picking from students from Penn Station at regular intervals. Definitely a good choice to use especially at night. If you can't catch the bus during the day, the walk to and from campus would take about 10-15 min.

Raven48

New

Post by Raven48 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:19 pm

redbulls2595 wrote:
Raven48 wrote:Sup guys,

I'll be at the Dean's Law Day as well. As far as transportation, Rutgers-Newark does have a campus shuttle picking from students from Penn Station at regular intervals. Definitely a good choice to use especially at night. If you can't catch the bus during the day, the walk to and from campus would take about 10-15 min.
OK good to know. Thanks!

xiaozhu

New

Post by xiaozhu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:35 pm

thefuturewoods wrote:
redbulls2595 wrote:

Did you hear back from them about your application? I'm in a similar boat and am getting nervous. :/

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thefuturewoods

New

Post by thefuturewoods » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:53 pm

xiaozhu wrote:
thefuturewoods wrote:
redbulls2595 wrote:

Did you hear back from them about your application? I'm in a similar boat and am getting nervous. :/
Nooope. Radio silence. They haven't responded and nothing's happened on my status checker!

thefuturewoods

New

Post by thefuturewoods » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:35 pm

xiaozhu wrote:
thefuturewoods wrote:
redbulls2595 wrote:

I just called up, they said decisions on held applications will come out "mid-April" with no guarantee that they'll come out before the 15th... :shock:

xiaozhu

New

Post by xiaozhu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:35 am

thefuturewoods wrote:
xiaozhu wrote:
thefuturewoods wrote:
redbulls2595 wrote:

I just called up, they said decisions on held applications will come out "mid-April" with no guarantee that they'll come out before the 15th... :shock:
that sucks! I'm hoping they're just saying that and you'll get a decision earlier--you've been waiting way too long. Do you have other schools you're considering more?

thefuturewoods

New

Post by thefuturewoods » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:52 pm

xiaozhu wrote:
thefuturewoods wrote:
xiaozhu wrote:
thefuturewoods wrote:
redbulls2595 wrote:

that sucks! I'm hoping they're just saying that and you'll get a decision earlier--you've been waiting way too long. Do you have other schools you're considering more?
Unfortunately it's my #1 aside from waitlists, hopefully we all hear back before their deposit date!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jeffcooon

New

Post by jeffcooon » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:54 pm

Just went to Rutgers' ASD. I liked their straightforward approach. One of the first things they mentioned was that 1L is going to be a hell year, which is true. At least for other schools that I visited, I felt like other schools were trying to sell their program.

I realize it's a state school and it comes with a caveat of tough job prospects/uphill battle for opportunities. But given its COA, about around 57k-60k in total, decent education, and proximity to the NY market, I think its a good shot. Their focus on minorities is a plus for me.

I will be dropping my deposit soon. Any Part-Timers and future minority student
program folks here?

redbulls2595

New

Post by redbulls2595 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:34 pm

jeffcooon wrote:Just went to Rutgers' ASD. I liked their straightforward approach. One of the first things they mentioned was that 1L is going to be a hell year, which is true. At least for other schools that I visited, I felt like other schools were trying to sell their program.

I realize it's a state school and it comes with a caveat of tough job prospects/uphill battle for opportunities. But given its COA, about around 57k-60k in total, decent education, and proximity to the NY market, I think its a good shot. Their focus on minorities is a plus for me.

I will be dropping my deposit soon. Any Part-Timers and future minority student
program folks here?
I'd be in the MSP program as well but as a full-time student so we might not be in the same orientation this summer! I've talked to other current students and as long as you have a decent GPA, work hard in classes, get involved on campus, & NETWORK - you should be fine with getting a decent entry-level job after graduation! Best of luck!!

Army_of_blood

New

Post by Army_of_blood » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:15 am

I paid my deposit. Will be attending at the Newark campus and will be in the MSP.

jeffcooon

New

Post by jeffcooon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Any fellow Rutgers folks who will be attending this fall?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Raven48

New

Post by Raven48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:31 pm

jeffcooon wrote:Any fellow Rutgers folks who will be attending this fall?
Me! New Brunswick Class of 2012.

I'm doing the full-time day program.

jeffcooon

New

Post by jeffcooon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Raven48 wrote:

2012 is for undergrad. I see.

I am in the evening program. I just wanted to see how you guys are doing/feeling.

Raven48

New

Post by Raven48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:36 pm

jeffcooon wrote:
Raven48 wrote:

2012 is for undergrad. I see.

I am in the evening program. I just wanted to see how you guys are doing/feeling.
Yeah that was undergrad. By folks I had thought you meant alumni lol.

I'm pretty excited! A little nervous because I keep hearing how hard 1L is but mostly excited. I'm just happy to be back in school again, knowing what I want to do. I had put law school off trying to check out other things but I'm ultimately glad I took the time off to make sure this was what I wanted. It makes me feel more determined.

I'm going to Newark. Went there for Deans law Day and liked the feel of the place. Rutgers was great for UG too, but that of course was a different campus.

mycollar

New

Post by mycollar » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Hey there, I was just accepted with 14k in scholly money. Wondering if you all know whether or not the seat deposit is binding and if anyone has tips for negotiating scholarship money with Rutgers in particular?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”