Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Torres1893

Bronze

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Post by Torres1893 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:33 am

chargers21 wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
em15 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:For those who attended Asd today, what did you guys think? I attended and wasn't really struck by anything. Well, one thing. Greg Canada is a terribly handsome man.
:lol:

I don't know how I feel. I liked it, but I didn't get that"feeling" that everyone on the panels said they got.

I feel the same. I think the campus looks beautiful and that Bloomington is awesome. The students here are really nice and cool. I had lunch with my admission fellow and with 1ls.

I'm impressed really but that might be because of the college town feel and architecture of the school.

Currently sitting at a bar that my admission fellow is hosting a trivia night at. Getting a good vibe from this school but it might be the alcohol.
IU is all about the alcohol and bars and limestone :mrgreen:
I'm jealous you went here for undergrad. This place is awesome. I really enjoyed just walking around, like going down kirkwood or around the courthouse area.

Have you been to btown diner? Thinking about heading there for breakfast if I get up early enough.

I really wanted to get mother bears pizza (heard good things about it at the law school), but I didn't feel like walking there after leaving the bar. Pizzaria cafe apparently closed at 10 so I couldn't go there. I ended up ordering a pizza and breadsticks from rockit pizza and taking it to my hotel.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:08 am

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:05 am

chargers21 wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
em15 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:For those who attended Asd today, what did you guys think? I attended and wasn't really struck by anything. Well, one thing. Greg Canada is a terribly handsome man.

I don't know how I feel. I liked it, but I didn't get that"feeling" that everyone on the panels said they got.

I feel the same. I think the campus looks beautiful and that Bloomington is awesome. The students here are really nice and cool. I had lunch with my admission fellow and with 1ls.

I'm impressed really but that might be because of the college town feel and architecture of the school.

Currently sitting at a bar that my admission fellow is hosting a trivia night at. Getting a good vibe from this school but it might be the alcohol.
IU is all about the alcohol and bars and limestone :mrgreen:
I'm jealous you went here for undergrad. This place is awesome. I really enjoyed just walking around, like going down kirkwood or around the courthouse area.

Have you been to btown diner? Thinking about heading there for breakfast if I get up early enough.

I really wanted to get mother bears pizza (heard good things about it at the law school), but I didn't feel like walking there after leaving the bar. Pizzaria cafe apparently closed at 10 so I couldn't go there. I ended up ordering a pizza and breadsticks from rockit pizza and taking it to my hotel.
Mother bear's is a must, and I would say going to Upland Brewery is an awesome place to eat. It's probably too late, but Saturday night is a great time to hit up Kilroys on Kirkwood, your home for the next 3 years
Torres - may have been sitting right next to you. Oops. Haha

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:44 am

My short review after ASW:

I really like the people. The sheer amount of new phone numbers, business cards, friend requests, and messages I received this weekend is almost overwhelming. Midwest is truly best.

The school is absolutely beautiful.

Here's the biggest consideration for me, though - Maurer and the surrounding area does not seem as progressive as other schools I am considering. I am a strong progressive. If I attend, I feel like I could really make a difference.

If I met any of you (I feel like it was pretty obvious who I was), feel free to reach out and PM me.

Also, I got very very very drunk last night and it was lovely.

em15

Bronze

Post by em15 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:51 am

I don't think I met any of you :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SeanORaff33

Bronze

Post by SeanORaff33 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:06 am

I hope y'all really enjoyed it and if you choose Mauer, I wish you all the luck in the world! This'll be my last time posting or checking this thread, so thanks for al the advice, wisdom, mutual celebrations and anxieties, and commiserating. May the road rise up to meet you all, and may the winds be always at your backs.
Last edited by SeanORaff33 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ap23

New

Post by ap23 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:19 pm

SeanORaff33 wrote: I just found the entire town to be dingy, dirty, and weatherbeaten.
You should be charged with a misdemeanor for that statement.

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:25 pm

ap23 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote: I just found the entire town to be dingy, dirty, and weatherbeaten.
lol.

I'm from the midwest and to me the town looked perfect. I think since the trees are all dead due to the weather it may have made the city looked "dirty" to OP, but I'm sure in the summer it would look amazing.

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
ap23 wrote:
lol.

I'm from the midwest and to me the town looked perfect. I think since the trees are all dead due to the weather it may have made the city looked "dirty" to OP, but I'm sure in the summer it would look amazing.
Dingy, dirty, and weatherbeaten: https://www.google.com/search?q=indiana ... =628&dpr=3

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:54 pm

SeanORaff33 wrote:Honestly, all I heard about Bloomington and IU was how beautiful it was... and I was disappointed. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I am not going to argue with anyone who loved the campus, but I just found the entire town to be dingy, dirty, and weatherbeaten. The buildings are beautiful, but no more impressive than a lot of other schools I have visited. Maybe I was just disappointed because I had only heard really good things, maybe not. I hope this won't detract from anyone else's experience.

Anyway, I am not gonna be going there so my opinion 100% doesn't matter lol. I hope y'all really enjoyed it and if you choose Mauer, I wish you all the luck in the world! This'll be my last time posting or checking this thread, so thanks for al the advice, wisdom, mutual celebrations and anxieties, and commiserating. May the road rise up to meet you all, and may the winds be always at your backs.
The good part of campus is the north, and there was nothing we did up there. Where all the undergrad stuff is.

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:55 pm

I really enjoyed it. Didn't get some kind of euphoric "this is where I'm going" moment but I would be very comfortable there (didn't get that for undergrad to so whatever haha. logic is better right?). Really liked the IP professors.

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:36 pm

No longer T25 :(

It hurts me to picture Greg Canada sad.

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:42 pm

chandhi wrote:No longer T25 :(

The drop in ranking does suck, but I can shake the feeling how good I felt walking around in Bloomington. It really does feel like a school I can see my self attending and enjoying my time there. It's just the employment prospects I'm worried about, and hopefully they are not the reason why Maurer dropped.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Torres1893 wrote:

The drop in ranking does suck, but I can shake the feeling how good I felt walking around in Bloomington. It really does feel like a school I can see my self attending and enjoying my time there. It's just the employment prospects I'm worried about, and hopefully they are not the reason why Maurer dropped.
True. Doesn't make Bloomington any less enticing, but it will make choosing Maurer a tiny bit more difficult. Especially if your other top choices are holding steady or just kicked GULC out of the T14 :wink:

MikkelVilla

New

Post by MikkelVilla » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:19 pm

chandhi wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:

True. Doesn't make Bloomington any less enticing, but it will make choosing Maurer a tiny bit more difficult. Especially if your other top choices are holding steady or just kicked GULC out of the T14 :wink:
usnwr rankings are meaningless, essentially.

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Post by tuesdayninja » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:13 am

In with 103k!

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Just withdrew and threw money back in. Check LSN (same username) for exact info.

Best of luck, all! (go ask them for my $$$)

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:32 pm

Loved IU visit, but think I'm going to UIUC instead cause of more money and goals. Enjoy it y'all!

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Visited yesterday because I was already in the area visiting Notre Dame. I realllllllly liked Bloomington. I can see why people on here say campus visits are more hindrance than help, because I really liked the "fit" I felt at IU-B.

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Visited yesterday because I was already in the area visiting Notre Dame. I realllllllly liked Bloomington. I can see why people on here say campus visits are more hindrance than help, because I really liked the "fit" I felt at IU-B.
I think all of us, but one enjoyed our visits to Bloomington. The campus looks beautiful and the city has a nice feel to it. If UT doesn't bump my scholly up I'm going to reserve my seat for Maurer.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

em15

Bronze

Post by em15 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Last edited by em15 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:28 pm

I just got that too.

JustWannaGraduate

New

Post by JustWannaGraduate » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Me too. Really interesting thing to do (even though I'm not considering them)

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:50 pm

I also got that email, and I also won't be attending.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”