Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sublime

Diamond

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by sublime » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:37 pm

magnum_law wrote:
emilycc1026 wrote:
magnum_law wrote:y'all just got shit on by UF
"Shit on?" Really. lol UF is not a T13....or even a top 30...These are the 40's were talking about...There's hardly a difference between #40 and #49.
The legal market in Florida is really going to come to a halt for FSU grads because UF went up 4 spots. Lol. :roll:
#triggered?

But rlly, ur biggest competitor just propelled itself by 7 slots in one year and ur left behind flirting w/ that second tier status... that's the textbook definition of "shit on".
Can discuss this in the general usnwr thread after your ban for trolling ends.

p5ycass0

New

Post by p5ycass0 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:44 pm

Thank you.

spicytaco

New

Post by spicytaco » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:03 am

Has anyone received their letters yet?

marshallu

New

Post by marshallu » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Has anyone successfully asked for more money than originally offered?

p5ycass0

New

Post by p5ycass0 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 am

spicytaco wrote:Has anyone received their letters yet?
Still waiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

witty4242

New

Post by witty4242 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:14 pm

spicytaco wrote:Has anyone received their letters yet?
It is a ding for me.

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Post by WamBamThankYouMaam » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Just got the call, I'm in! Status checker hasn't updated though, still says under review.

NihiLo_x

New

Post by NihiLo_x » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:23 pm

My application was completed on Monday and I got a call today (Friday) from the dean informing me of my acceptance. She also mentioned that I'd be getting a few e-mails soon, including one about applying for scholarships. I don't really know what that means. Aren't students awarded scholarships? I didn't know we had to apply for them. Perhaps this means I wasn't awarded anything?

I graduated with a Master's in philosophy from Oxford and with a BA in philosophy from FSU. I initially planned to go the full mile and get a PhD but changed my mind at the last minute and applied to law schools instead, so I don't know much about the process.

marshallu

New

Post by marshallu » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:23 pm

NihiLo_x wrote:My application was completed on Monday and I got a call today (Friday) from the dean informing me of my acceptance. She also mentioned that I'd be getting a few e-mails soon, including one about applying for scholarships. I don't really know what that means. Aren't students awarded scholarships? I didn't know we had to apply for them. Perhaps this means I wasn't awarded anything?

I graduated with a Master's in philosophy from Oxford and with a BA in philosophy from FSU. I initially planned to go the full mile and get a PhD but changed my mind at the last minute and applied to law schools instead, so I don't know much about the process.
Nope I had to do the same thing when I got in. i applied for scholarships via the email and they responded about a week later letting me know I got 65% so you definitely may get something! I think its just a formality.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NihiLo_x

New

Post by NihiLo_x » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:26 pm

marshallu wrote:
NihiLo_x wrote:My application was completed on Monday and I got a call today (Friday) from the dean informing me of my acceptance. She also mentioned that I'd be getting a few e-mails soon, including one about applying for scholarships. I don't really know what that means. Aren't students awarded scholarships? I didn't know we had to apply for them. Perhaps this means I wasn't awarded anything?

Nope I had to do the same thing when I got in. i applied for scholarships via the email and they responded about a week later letting me know I got 65% so you definitely may get something! I think its just a formality.
Thanks very much indeed for this.

I haven't yet received the e-mails. She did say I should get them later today.

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Post by WamBamThankYouMaam » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:30 pm

NihiLo_x wrote:
marshallu wrote:

Also got a call earlier and the dean said to expect an email today about admitted student portal login info and scholarship application. Like you, I am still waiting on these emails.

NihiLo_x

New

Post by NihiLo_x » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:34 pm

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:
NihiLo_x wrote:
marshallu wrote:

Also got a call earlier and the dean said to expect an email today about admitted student portal login info and scholarship application. Like you, I am still waiting on these emails.
Still no e-mail. Either they're working late or I'm not getting any e-mails tonight, alas.

marshallu

New

Post by marshallu » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:27 pm

NihiLo_x wrote:
WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:
NihiLo_x wrote:
marshallu wrote:

Still no e-mail. Either they're working late or I'm not getting any e-mails tonight, alas.
I want to say I didn't get it right away either may have taken a day or two. I would be surprised if you didn't get it by Wednesday but should definitely get it early next week.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jag13

Bronze

Post by jag13 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Coming up this Wednesday will be 6 months of me sitting complete. Radio silence since then.

NihiLo_x

New

Post by NihiLo_x » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:02 pm

Got the e-mail and submitted the scholarship application. Seemed easy enough.

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Post by WamBamThankYouMaam » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:08 pm

I activated my permanent FSU ID this morning, but none of the admitted student stuff has shown up on MyFSU. Anyone else have this problem?

Atm94

New

Post by Atm94 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:22 pm

Got my letters today -- it looks like you have to apply for scholarships but quick turn around for the actual snail mail.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NihiLo_x

New

Post by NihiLo_x » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:13 pm

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:I activated my permanent FSU ID this morning, but none of the admitted student stuff has shown up on MyFSU. Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, looks like I have the same problem.

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:49 pm

I go to FSU undergrad and I know a good bit about the law school so if anyone has any questions about FSU generally or Tallahassee feel free to hit me up

jcburns

New

Post by jcburns » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:57 pm

jag13 wrote:Coming up this Wednesday will be 6 months of me sitting complete. Radio silence since then.
Same thing except I'm coming up on 4 months. Anyone else thinking that they are running out of time to even review our applications before their March 31st deadline for decisions?

michelekfla

New

Post by michelekfla » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:52 pm

jcburns wrote:
jag13 wrote:Coming up this Wednesday will be 6 months of me sitting complete. Radio silence since then.
Same thing except I'm coming up on 4 months. Anyone else thinking that they are running out of time to even review our applications before their March 31st deadline for decisions?
Unless there is a totally different group in admissions than last year, I don't believe they'll run out of time. I believe they purposely did this this year because last year I applied early Jan. and heard back in 10 days that I was in. This year I applied a month earlier and have been sitting at complete (+3mos). If you look at LSN and sort by LSAT you'll see they haven't made many decisions after a certain LSAT. I believe they're trying to increase their numbers this year or are just waiting to see what else comes in because it seems that last year they made many offers early and seemed to run out of money.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jcburns

New

Post by jcburns » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Could one of the admitted students let us know what the deposit deadline is? So we know when we can expect more decisions to be made?

lk7999

New

Post by lk7999 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:53 pm

jcburns wrote:Could one of the admitted students let us know what the deposit deadline is? So we know when we can expect more decisions to be made?
April 17

jag13

Bronze

Post by jag13 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Probably just going to withdraw regardless of any outcome. It's been over 6 months that I've been complete. Letting me know by march 31st doesn't even give me any time to weigh it against other school deadlines the first week of April.

Doesthenamematter

New

Post by Doesthenamematter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 pm

jag13 wrote:Probably just going to withdraw regardless of any outcome. It's been over 6 months that I've been complete. Letting me know by march 31st doesn't even give me any time to weigh it against other school deadlines the first week of April.
Where did you decide on going

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”