UC Davis c/0 2020 App Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Post by Capt_Beatty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:10 pm

amta wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote: It reminds me of my hometown and I wanted to get away from that. It doesn't seem to offer the amenities that I was looking for though the campus itself seems very nice. Also their recent bar passage rate from 2016 is making me question it too. Plus, the tour guide didn't do a great job of selling the law school.

Please understand that I was looking for something different and I should have known better.
if you put berkeley in fresno, you would get davis.
More like if you put Berkeley in Firebaugh, you would get Davis.

chili_davis

Bronze

Post by chili_davis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:52 am

Capt_Beatty wrote:
amta wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote: It reminds me of my hometown and I wanted to get away from that. It doesn't seem to offer the amenities that I was looking for though the campus itself seems very nice. Also their recent bar passage rate from 2016 is making me question it too. Plus, the tour guide didn't do a great job of selling the law school.

Please understand that I was looking for something different and I should have known better.
Hmm, am I missing something here? Pretty sure Davis' population dwarfs Firebaugh, and has much more to offer. Also, any reason we're placing Davis on an island? It's literally a 7 minute drive to Sac. Seems like you guys are just tired of being home and need a change of scenery.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 pm

chili_davis wrote:
Capt_Beatty wrote:
amta wrote:

Hmm, am I missing something here? Pretty sure Davis' population dwarfs Firebaugh, and has much more to offer. Also, any reason we're placing Davis on an island? It's literally a 7 minute drive to Sac. Seems like you guys are just tired of being home and need a change of scenery.

What do you like about Sacramento, I'm curious.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Capt_Beatty wrote: What do you like about Sacramento, I'm curious.
its trees?

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:13 pm

amta wrote:
Capt_Beatty wrote: What do you like about Sacramento, I'm curious.
its trees?
Trees, check.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Capt_Beatty wrote: Trees, check.
oh, and capitol park. its a great place to meet the local homeless population.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:22 pm

amta wrote:
What about the Demarcus Cousins-less Sacramento Kings.

chili_davis

Bronze

Post by chili_davis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:01 pm

Capt_Beatty wrote:
amta wrote:
What about the Demarcus Cousins-less Sacramento Kings.
Sac is by far a top-tier city, but it's not exactly the desolate landscape you're making it out to be. But it's fine if you don't want to live there, law school's a good time to move out of the parents house anyway. And yes, Demarcus Cousins did bounce but there's a pretty good basketball team nearby if I'm not mistaken. But I'm sure you will have plenty of time to watch good basketball in Seattle, oh wait.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:06 pm

chili_davis wrote: Sac is by far a top-tier city, but it's not exactly the desolate landscape you're making it out to be. But it's fine if you don't want to live there, law school's a good time to move out of the parents house anyway. And yes, Demarcus Cousins did bounce but there's a pretty good basketball team nearby if I'm not mistaken. But I'm sure you will have plenty of time to watch good basketball in Seattle, oh wait.
do you live in sac?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chili_davis

Bronze

Post by chili_davis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:09 pm

amta wrote:
chili_davis wrote: Sac is by far a top-tier city, but it's not exactly the desolate landscape you're making it out to be. But it's fine if you don't want to live there, law school's a good time to move out of the parents house anyway. And yes, Demarcus Cousins did bounce but there's a pretty good basketball team nearby if I'm not mistaken. But I'm sure you will have plenty of time to watch good basketball in Seattle, oh wait.
do you live in sac?
I do now, but not from the area.

chili_davis

Bronze

Post by chili_davis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:13 pm

amta wrote:
do you live in sac?
Just read my comment. I meant to say "by far NOT a top-tier city"

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:15 pm

chili_davis wrote: Just read my comment. I meant to say "by far NOT a top-tier city"
you work in the capitol don't you?

chili_davis

Bronze

Post by chili_davis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:20 pm

amta wrote:
chili_davis wrote: Just read my comment. I meant to say "by far NOT a top-tier city"
you work in the capitol don't you?
Nope, electrical engineer. New to the legal scene, but I must say first impressions are going stellar.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:22 pm

chili_davis wrote: Nope, electrical engineer. New to the legal scene, but I must say first impressions are going stellar.
is this a neg?

also, what law school would you describe Sacramento as if it is not a top-tier city.

chili_davis

Bronze

Post by chili_davis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:30 pm

amta wrote:
chili_davis wrote: Nope, electrical engineer. New to the legal scene, but I must say first impressions are going stellar.
is this a neg?

also, what law school would you describe Sacramento as if it is not a top-tier city.
It's light sarcasm alluding to the individuals who enjoy bashing areas/law schools for personal enjoyment.

Are you asking if Sacramento was a law school which one would it be? By "not a top-tier city" I was merely comparing it to other larger more entertaining cities such as Chicago, NY, Philly, D.C., SF, LA, so on and so forth. But as I said before, it's not as desolate as some individuals would make it out to be.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:17 pm

chili_davis wrote:
amta wrote:
is this a neg?

It's light sarcasm alluding to the individuals who enjoy bashing areas/law schools for personal enjoyment.

Are you asking if Sacramento was a law school which one would it be? By "not a top-tier city" I was merely comparing it to other larger more entertaining cities such as Chicago, NY, Philly, D.C., SF, LA, so on and so forth. But as I said before, it's not as desolate as some individuals would make it out to be.
You still haven't answered my question, what do you like about Sacramento? So far I've heard "It's not by far a top-tier city" and "it's not as desolate as you make it out to be", and "there's a pretty good team nearby". I mean, there's gotta be something great inspiring you to drive 131mph from Davis to Sacramento.

chili_davis

Bronze

Post by chili_davis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Capt_Beatty wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
amta wrote:
is this a neg?

You still haven't answered my question, what do you like about Sacramento? So far I've heard "It's not by far a top-tier city" and "it's not as desolate as you make it out to be", and "there's a pretty good team nearby". I mean, there's gotta be something great inspiring you to drive 131mph from Davis to Sacramento.
I was just pointing out your comparisons are quite off-base. Sacramento is comparible to most mid-size cities across the country. It has plenty of interesting things to keep you busy i.e. festivals, concerts, breweries, so on... I'm not saying it's the most amazing place on the west coast, just that between Davis and Sac there's plenty going on.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:27 pm

chili_davis wrote:
Capt_Beatty wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
amta wrote:
is this a neg?

I was just pointing out your comparisons are quite off-base. Sacramento is comparible to most mid-size cities across the country. It has plenty of interesting things to keep you busy i.e. festivals, concerts, breweries, so on... I'm not saying it's the most amazing place on the west coast, just that between Davis and Sac there's plenty going on.
I have been to Track 7 Brewery, quite nice. I think our comparisons were more of, Davis is like ____ and ____ meshed into one community, So Berkeley provides the students and seasonal population, and Firebaugh is this small, existing agricultural area. Wasn't necessarily a negative thing but then you brought SACRAMENTO=triggered. Did you come from a smaller area before sac?

chili_davis

Bronze

Post by chili_davis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:40 pm

Capt_Beatty wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
Capt_Beatty wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
amta wrote:
is this a neg?

I have been to Track 7 Brewery, quite nice. I think our comparisons were more of, Davis is like ____ and ____ meshed into one community, So Berkeley provides the students and seasonal population, and Firebaugh is this small, existing agricultural area. Wasn't necessarily a negative thing but then you brought SACRAMENTO=triggered. Did you come from a smaller area before sac?
Just providing a different aspect for future TLS'ers who happen to read this thread for info on Davis/Sac. San Diego, Houston, D.C., Raleigh => Sacramento. I understand your point of view, but it sounds like you might be from the area and are over it? Also, with Napa, Tahoe, and SF relatively close there's enough to satisfy most hobbies.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:52 pm

chili_davis wrote:
Capt_Beatty wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
Capt_Beatty wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
amta wrote:
is this a neg?

Just providing a different aspect for future TLS'ers who happen to read this thread for info on Davis/Sac. San Diego, Houston, D.C., Raleigh => Sacramento. I understand your point of view, but it sounds like you might be from the area and are over it? Also, with Napa, Tahoe, and SF relatively close there's enough to satisfy most hobbies.
Grew up in Sac and moved away after high school. I've read of people coming to Sacramento in their 20s and 30s and enjoying the lower cost of living after being in the Bay Area or such, but not too many lifers out there raving about it, perspectives I guess.

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:00 am

Just withdrew from my acceptance offer off the waitlist. For those hoping for some waitlist movement, it may be coming shortly. Best of luck to everyone :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Illegallyblondey

New

Post by Illegallyblondey » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Current Davis UG. I think it is important to note that Davis is not in Sacramento and Davis is very different from Sacramento. We are our own college town and you never need to go to Sacramento if you don't want to. There are always activities going on in Davis. We also have the best downtown that is always busy and fun.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Illegallyblondey wrote:Current Davis UG. I think it is important to note that Davis is not in Sacramento and Davis is very different from Sacramento. We are our own college town and you never need to go to Sacramento if you don't want to. There are always activities going on in Davis. We also have the best downtown that is always busy and fun.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

BabyJD

New

Post by BabyJD » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Reconfirmation request received. Anyone else? Are we waiting until the June 15th deposit deadline?

jkg5023

New

Post by jkg5023 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:42 pm

BabyJD wrote:Reconfirmation request received. Anyone else? Are we waiting until the June 15th deposit deadline?
I got the e-mail this morning as well. For what it's worth a friend of mine is a student at Davis and spoke with the Dean, it sounds like they're working through their waitlist slowly but surely. At this rate, I'm waiting for an acceptance e-mail to come the week before classes start.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”