UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nkbee
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby nkbee » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:30 pm

cianchetta0 wrote:
chili_davis wrote:Nothing yet - Should hear something soon, submitted Early Decision (by Nov. 30th) Wondering if I will be waitlisted? I imagine I would have been accepted by now? The waiting is agonizing! Good luck everyone.


I wouldn't speculate, maybe they're releasing all the ED decisions on the same day..who knows. Or they could push you into the RD pile too.



I also applied ED and am wondering if anyone knows what the benefit would be for Davis to push an ED to RD? Wouldn't that be the equivalent to waitlisting someone? Or does that mean they never got to your app and need more time?

User avatar
Capt_Beatty
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby Capt_Beatty » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:37 pm

nkbee wrote:
cianchetta0 wrote:
chili_davis wrote:Nothing yet - Should hear something soon, submitted Early Decision (by Nov. 30th) Wondering if I will be waitlisted? I imagine I would have been accepted by now? The waiting is agonizing! Good luck everyone.


I wouldn't speculate, maybe they're releasing all the ED decisions on the same day..who knows. Or they could push you into the RD pile too.



I also applied ED and am wondering if anyone knows what the benefit would be for Davis to push an ED to RD? Wouldn't that be the equivalent to waitlisting someone? Or does that mean they never got to your app and need more time?


From their webpage:

"All applicants under the Early Decision program will receive a decision on or prior to November 30, 2016. Applicants may be accepted, denied, placed on the wait list, or held for consideration as part of the general application process. Applications that are held for consideration and offered admission as part of the general application process will not constitute binding commitments to matriculate. All Early Decision applications will be evaluated on the same criteria used for the general admissions process. Admission is highly competitive."

So they could do pretty much whatever they want with your application. I'm just presupposing ED 'could' be a mutual benefit to both the applicant and university. With each ED decisions, that's XX1/XXX for their upcoming 1L year.

nkbee
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby nkbee » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:02 pm

Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that on their site! Thanks for that.

User avatar
chili_davis
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby chili_davis » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Greetings everyone! Today is the big day for ED applicants, so hoping we see some traffic over the next 24 hours. In the meantime, does anyone know why "Above the Law" didn't place UC-Davis in their top-50 rankings? I know Davis has recently fluxuated around the #30 area, but not even the top-50?? What am I missing?

http://abovethelaw.com/careers/2016-law ... /#rankings

User avatar
Capt_Beatty
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby Capt_Beatty » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:34 pm

chili_davis wrote:Greetings everyone! Today is the big day for ED applicants, so hoping we see some traffic over the next 24 hours. In the meantime, does anyone know why "Above the Law" didn't place UC-Davis in their top-50 rankings? I know Davis has recently fluxuated around the #30 area, but not even the top-50?? What am I missing?

http://abovethelaw.com/careers/2016-law ... /#rankings


Eh who knows. Looks like they use the COA to determine the ranking, Davis is pretty high.

Anyone else seeing random updates on their status checker, like 9am, 2pm, instead of the 6pm?

nkbee
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby nkbee » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:41 pm

Mine updated this morning at 9:29 am. It also updated at 8 pm on Sunday and around 3 pm on Monday, but each time, it always looks the same on my end. Always remains "Evaluation in Progress."

nkbee
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby nkbee » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Can you tell I am eager for a decision? haha

User avatar
Capt_Beatty
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby Capt_Beatty » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:46 pm

nkbee wrote:Can you tell I am eager for a decision? haha


Yeah, same time for me too.

nkbee
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby nkbee » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:11 pm

Good luck today, everyone!!

User avatar
chili_davis
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby chili_davis » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:49 pm

Noticing the same on my end. Last updated 9:29 am. I will post if I get any movement today!

nkbee
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby nkbee » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:33 pm

My application was rolled into the regular decision applicant pool

User avatar
chili_davis
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby chili_davis » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:27 pm

nkbee wrote:My application was rolled into the regular decision applicant pool


That's a bummer but I'm sure you're not out of the running yet. The admissions committee may want to see how the class profile comes together as a whole prior to accepting your application. Don't lose hope just yet! Still nothing on my end.

nkbee
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby nkbee » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:17 pm

chili_davis wrote:
nkbee wrote:My application was rolled into the regular decision applicant pool


That's a bummer but I'm sure you're not out of the running yet. The admissions committee may want to see how the class profile comes together as a whole prior to accepting your application. Don't lose hope just yet! Still nothing on my end.



Thank you! It is a bummer that I didn't receive a true decision, but I am happy that it wasn't an easy deny. Thinking good thoughts for you!

User avatar
chili_davis
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby chili_davis » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:45 pm

nkbee wrote:
chili_davis wrote:
nkbee wrote:My application was rolled into the regular decision applicant pool


That's a bummer but I'm sure you're not out of the running yet. The admissions committee may want to see how the class profile comes together as a whole prior to accepting your application. Don't lose hope just yet! Still nothing on my end.



Thank you! It is a bummer that I didn't receive a true decision, but I am happy that it wasn't an easy deny. Thinking good thoughts for you!


Looks like we're in the same boat! Got the email informing me I was tossed into the RD pile. Guess we'll see where it goes from here, but the silver lining is we're open to shop around now! Have apps out to lots of other schools. Good luck

loslakers
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:33 am

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby loslakers » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:38 pm

just got the acceptance email! lsat at the 75th and GPA > 75th

AlexanderJordan
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby AlexanderJordan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Accepted yesterday via email RD applicant. LSAT was below the 25% and GPA was at 75%. Feel free to PM for more details.

User avatar
TakeItToTrial
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:13 am

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby TakeItToTrial » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:23 pm

In via email. LSAT >75th GPA at 50th

User avatar
Capt_Beatty
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby Capt_Beatty » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:17 pm

TakeItToTrial wrote:In via email. LSAT >75th GPA at 50th


Congrats!

User avatar
TakeItToTrial
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:13 am

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby TakeItToTrial » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:21 pm

cianchetta0 wrote:
TakeItToTrial wrote:In via email. LSAT >75th GPA at 50th


Congrats!


Thanks my man. Any word on your end?

User avatar
Capt_Beatty
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby Capt_Beatty » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:24 pm

TakeItToTrial wrote:
cianchetta0 wrote:
TakeItToTrial wrote:In via email. LSAT >75th GPA at 50th


Congrats!


Thanks my man. Any word on your end?


Nope, still "in progress", i'm thinking it'll remain that way until they see my Dec score.

User avatar
TakeItToTrial
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:13 am

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby TakeItToTrial » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:29 pm

cianchetta0 wrote:
TakeItToTrial wrote:
cianchetta0 wrote:
TakeItToTrial wrote:In via email. LSAT >75th GPA at 50th


Congrats!


Thanks my man. Any word on your end?


Nope, still "in progress", i'm thinking it'll remain that way until they see my Dec score.


Ahh, yeah that makes sense

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:07 am

Got an e-mail a few hours ago with acceptance.

Went complete on 11/30, 168/3.4.

Decent chance I end up here, depending on how merit aid plays out this cycle.

User avatar
chili_davis
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby chili_davis » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 am

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Got an e-mail a few hours ago with acceptance.

Went complete on 11/30, 168/3.4.

Decent chance I end up here, depending on how merit aid plays out this cycle.
TakeItToTrial wrote:In via email. LSAT >75th GPA at 50th


Congrats everyone!

User avatar
mudiverse
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:31 am

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby mudiverse » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:28 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Got an e-mail a few hours ago with acceptance.

Went complete on 11/30, 168/3.4.

Decent chance I end up here, depending on how merit aid plays out this cycle.


Similar stats to you. If I get a check for 50% of CoA or more (and I think it's quite possible) I am walking through the front entrance without looking back.

User avatar
TakeItToTrial
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:13 am

Re: UC Davis c/0 2020 App

Postby TakeItToTrial » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Does anyone know when Davis sends out scholarship info? Got in a couple weeks ago but it's been radio silence since. Haven't even recieved my packet yet.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chrysippusofsoli and 5 guests