Ohio State c/o 2020 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Goldie

Bronze

Re: Ohio State c/o 2020 Applicants

Post by Goldie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:24 pm

smow4029 wrote:In w/ 16K per year. Wondering how that stacks up, considering much higher offers from lower ranked schools. Median GPA, 75th percentile LSAT. They were very fast in the turnaround on my app, but I have no idea what that means.
I applied there back in 2013 with >75% numbers (both LSAT and GPA) and that's about what I got.

smow4029

New

Post by smow4029 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Goldie wrote:
smow4029 wrote:In w/ 16K per year. Wondering how that stacks up, considering much higher offers from lower ranked schools. Median GPA, 75th percentile LSAT. They were very fast in the turnaround on my app, but I have no idea what that means.
I applied there back in 2013 with >75% numbers (both LSAT and GPA) and that's about what I got.
Cheers for the info.

ColoBoul

New

Post by ColoBoul » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:09 pm

smow4029 wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Cheers for the info.
For sake of adding to the data, applied in 2011 so tuition was a little lower, but was sub 25% GPA and above 75% LSAT and I got 14k a year. I think the highest it went without venturing into whatever named or full-ride scholarships they give is around 18k, they do have non "Moritz" full rides. They also have backed off their no negotiation stance so there is that.

winter_rose

New

Post by winter_rose » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:08 am

First off congrats to everyone so far who has been admitted! :)
I applied mid December and am still waiting to hear back. I've got a >25 LSAT and >75 GPA... anyone have an idea what my admission/scholarship chances look like?

winter_rose

New

Post by winter_rose » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Update: waitlisted. This leaves me really unsure of what to do next...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

onecallthats all

Bronze

Post by onecallthats all » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Checking in. Admitted today! LSAT:161, GPA:3.58 :D :D

smow4029

New

Post by smow4029 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:46 pm

onecallthats all wrote:Checking in. Admitted today! LSAT:161, GPA:3.58 :D :D
Congrats! It seems we applied to a similar range of schools, based on your postings recently. I also got into Utah and OSU, hard to weigh options since Utah doesn't send $ info for a little while. Have you received your scholarship email from Ohio State yet?

onecallthats all

Bronze

Post by onecallthats all » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:13 pm

smow4029 wrote:
Congrats! It seems we applied to a similar range of schools, based on your postings recently. I also got into Utah and OSU, hard to weigh options since Utah doesn't send $ info for a little while. Have you received your scholarship email from Ohio State yet?
Congrats on Utah as well! Are you on LSN? And I have not received a scholarship email! I just got the email today for acceptance. I am super eager to learn about scholarship information, I would looooove to be a buckeye. Have you gotten a scholarship email yet? And if so, for how much?

If you dont mind me asking, what were your numbers? Sorry I am asking so many questions lol

smow4029

New

Post by smow4029 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:15 pm

onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:
Congrats on Utah as well! Are you on LSN? And I have not received a scholarship email! I just got the email today for acceptance. I am super eager to learn about scholarship information, I would looooove to be a buckeye. Have you gotten a scholarship email yet? And if so, for how much?

If you dont mind me asking, what were your numbers? Sorry I am asking so many questions lol
No worries at all. I'm not on LSN, but damn I should be.

I got scholarship info the same day (or day after) the acceptance email at OSU - I was granted 16K in merit aid. OSU is definitely a very intriguing possibility at this point! As for my numbers, I had a 3.4/161. Hope this helps!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

onecallthats all

Bronze

Post by onecallthats all » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:04 am

smow4029 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:

I got scholarship info the same day (or day after) the acceptance email at OSU - I was granted 16K in merit aid. OSU is definitely a very intriguing possibility at this point! As for my numbers, I had a 3.4/161. Hope this helps!
That helps IMMENSELY! Thank you so much. Did the scholarship information come as email as well? Or snail mail?

cd1945

New

Post by cd1945 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:27 am

onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:

That helps IMMENSELY! Thank you so much. Did the scholarship information come as email as well? Or snail mail?
I received 16k as well, it was another email a week after.

smow4029

New

Post by smow4029 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:23 pm

cd1945 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:

Exactly this. It'll be an email, and it'll arrive anytime in the next week. Mine came quick, but I'm sure it varies.

bumditty

New

Post by bumditty » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Just got word last night that I have been granted a full scholarship!
I thought Moritz Scholarship was the only full, but delighted to find out that is not the case.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

onecallthats all

Bronze

Post by onecallthats all » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:34 am

cd1945 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:

Was the email with the scholarship information, the same email that gave you seat deposit information and myOSU account information?? I just got that and am super terrified that means I didnt get a scholarship! :oops:

cd1945

New

Post by cd1945 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:30 am

onecallthats all wrote:
cd1945 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:

Was the email with the scholarship information, the same email that gave you seat deposit information and myOSU account information?? I just got that and am super terrified that means I didnt get a scholarship! :oops:
No not the same one. It'll be an "OSU Moritz College of Law Scholarship information" email. Patience comrade, I'm sure you'll receive it sooner or later.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:18 am

I came home to a big envelope from OSU..................but it was a "read this information while we continue to review your application" envelope. :(

onecallthats all

Bronze

Post by onecallthats all » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:20 pm

smow4029 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:

Well I am 6 days out from my acceptance email and still no scholarship email... it is not looking good at this point :roll: :roll:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

smow4029

New

Post by smow4029 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:25 pm

onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:

Well I am 6 days out from my acceptance email and still no scholarship email... it is not looking good at this point :roll: :roll:
Try to stay sane, my friend. I know January is a big month for admissions offices, and they may just be slower due to the task load of putting together everyone's financial packages. University of Utah doesn't even send their financial info till February, and I heard back from them at the beginning of this month. I'd give it at least a week and a half before you start to fret, and even then you can just email and ask about scholarship info.

PurplePaladin

New

Post by PurplePaladin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:51 pm

In yesterday. >> 75th for LSAT and > 25th for GPA. No scholarship info as of yet. I applied for the Moritz scholarship so I'm not sure if that's what is delaying my financial package.

emilycc1026

New

Post by emilycc1026 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:44 am

In today via call. Lsat at median and gpa > 75. Now to wait two weeks for scholarship information via mail

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:57 pm

In today via phone call!!! GPA < 25, LSAT > 75

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

onecallthats all

Bronze

Post by onecallthats all » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:39 pm

smow4029 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:

Try to stay sane, my friend. I know January is a big month for admissions offices, and they may just be slower due to the task load of putting together everyone's financial packages. University of Utah doesn't even send their financial info till February, and I heard back from them at the beginning of this month. I'd give it at least a week and a half before you start to fret, and even then you can just email and ask about scholarship info.
FINALLY!! $13,000 scholly per year!

em15

Bronze

Post by em15 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:54 pm

floatie wrote:In today via phone call!!! GPA < 25, LSAT > 75
In today with the same stats!! Congrats!!

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:28 pm

em15 wrote:
floatie wrote:In today via phone call!!! GPA < 25, LSAT > 75
In today with the same stats!! Congrats!!
Yay, congrats to you too! :)

smow4029

New

Post by smow4029 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:55 pm

onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:
smow4029 wrote:

FINALLY!! $13,000 scholly per year!
Congrats!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”