Fordham Law c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lillawyer2

Silver

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Dip wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes to be notified for any merit scholarships? First deposit is Friday but I was only accepted last Friday . I'm trying to decide between Fordham and a peer school so whether I get $$ is important .

i applied early in the cycle, but it took no more than a month. A lot of ppl on tls found out within a week, but my merit skolly took longer. Some people were accepted before me, but I recieved my acceptance letter before them.

My point: it varies. I assume since its so late in the game-you should get information soon. I would call them.

spryor918

New

Post by spryor918 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:03 pm

xiaozhu wrote:Are a lot of people still waiting for a decision? Been complete since 3/2 with no movement or date changes.
Same here, No movement or date change for me since going complete on 3/22

xiaozhu

New

Post by xiaozhu » Tue May 16, 2017 1:05 pm

spryor918 wrote:
xiaozhu wrote:Are a lot of people still waiting for a decision? Been complete since 3/2 with no movement or date changes.
I literally had a date change to 5/15 about an hour after posting that... Maybe they were following along, haha. But no telling when a decision will come still. Last school I'm waiting on, so hoping to wrap the cycle up soon.

detemadi

New

Post by detemadi » Tue May 16, 2017 1:19 pm

xiaozhu wrote:
spryor918 wrote:
I literally had a date change to 5/15 about an hour after posting that... Maybe they were following along, haha. But no telling when a decision will come still. Last school I'm waiting on, so hoping to wrap the cycle up soon.

In the same boat as you guys. Just had a date change and now I'm getting anxious lol. Fingers crossed!

spryor918

New

Post by spryor918 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:22 pm

detemadi wrote:
xiaozhu wrote:
spryor918 wrote:

In the same boat as you guys. Just had a date change and now I'm getting anxious lol. Fingers crossed!
Good luck to you both, maybe we'll be rewarded with some good Karma for our patience!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

detemadi

New

Post by detemadi » Tue May 16, 2017 1:25 pm

spryor918 wrote:
detemadi wrote:
xiaozhu wrote:
spryor918 wrote:

Good luck to you both, maybe we'll be rewarded with some good Karma for our patience!
Likewise! Hopefully haha :D

xiaozhu

New

Re:

Post by xiaozhu » Tue May 16, 2017 1:35 pm

detemadi wrote:
spryor918 wrote:
detemadi wrote:
xiaozhu wrote:
spryor918 wrote:

Likewise! Hopefully haha :D
Definitely sending out good luck vibes to y'all!

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:05 pm

dukebluedevils wrote:Has anyone heard anything about stein scholars since their interview?
I haven't heard yet. Was told most decisions will be made in June and July.

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:15 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
aryi3025 wrote:decided on fordham today! moving from california though.. hahaha anyone know good ways to find housing or anyone here looking?
I applied to live in Wilshire Plaza, the off campus housing option they offer. It's expensive but convenient.
how do u apply to live in wilshire?
nvm i couldnt see the application on my phone. i tried desktop and i saw it right away. lol

anyone know how long it takes for them to tell you if you received housing?
Just an update for you: I got an email yesterday offering me an apartment in Wilshire Plaza- so movement with housing is happening!
Last edited by Legallylawyer2020 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
aryi3025 wrote:decided on fordham today! moving from california though.. hahaha anyone know good ways to find housing or anyone here looking?
I applied to live in Wilshire Plaza, the off campus housing option they offer. It's expensive but convenient.
nvm i couldnt see the application on my phone. i tried desktop and i saw it right away. lol

Just an update for you: I got an email yesterday offering me an apartment in Wilshire Plaza. I declined because I made other arrangements- so movement with housing is happening!
Thanks-I opted out to stay with my dad and see how it goes for 1L. I live really close by, so hopefully the apt goes to someone who can really use it.

tronyu

New

Post by tronyu » Tue May 30, 2017 2:26 pm

did anyone else not get the invite to this admitted students bbq? they said it was coming right before memorial day, which has come and passed

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:01 pm

tronyu wrote:did anyone else not get the invite to this admitted students bbq? they said it was coming right before memorial day, which has come and passed
i didn't receive the email, but i did go to asd in the spring. i dnt kno if u can go to more than one.

Augy1

New

Post by Augy1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:54 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
tronyu wrote:did anyone else not get the invite to this admitted students bbq? they said it was coming right before memorial day, which has come and passed
i didn't receive the email, but i did go to asd in the spring. i dnt kno if u can go to more than one.
The BBQ and ASD are separate. The BBQ is just a social event they're throwing over the summer, so you could go if you wanted to.

I also recall something about an invite appearing before memorial day but haven't received anything yet; I imagine it will come in soon even though I won't be able to make it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dukebluedevils

New

Post by dukebluedevils » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:55 am

Has anyone heard back from stein scholars and if so was it by email or phone

adc20

New

Post by adc20 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:42 pm

dukebluedevils wrote:Has anyone heard back from stein scholars and if so was it by email or phone
I just heard back via email to set up a meeting/phone call!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Augy1 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
The BBQ and ASD are separate. The BBQ is just a social event they're throwing over the summer, so you could go if you wanted to.

I also recall something about an invite appearing before memorial day but haven't received anything yet; I imagine it will come in soon even though I won't be able to make it.
ok thanks! im such a dork.

nova1017

New

Post by nova1017 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:

Just an update for you: I got an email yesterday offering me an apartment in Wilshire Plaza. I declined because I made other arrangements- so movement with housing is happening!
I also heard about housing last week- but I was told they have no openings, so moves are being made on that front!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Augy1 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

BBQ email came a few min ago. Its on June. 26th

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:18 pm

FORDHAM LAW ADMITTED STUDENT BBQ
Monday, June 26th at 11:00 AM
Fordham Law School
150 W 62nd St, New York, NY

Nero21

New

Post by Nero21 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:00 am

Hey guys I'm between Fordham and a Tier II school and was just wondering how are y'all rationalizing Fordham with the possibility of graduating with a lot of debt (for those of you who will take out loans)? I'm genuinely interested because I basically have a full scholarship at my other school and can't seem to understand going to Fordham with the limited scholarship they gave me. Thanks!

ss45

New

Post by ss45 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:26 am

Nero21 wrote:Hey guys I'm between Fordham and a Tier II school and was just wondering how are y'all rationalizing Fordham with the possibility of graduating with a lot of debt (for those of you who will take out loans)? I'm genuinely interested because I basically have a full scholarship at my other school and can't seem to understand going to Fordham with the limited scholarship they gave me. Thanks!
I'm talking out of my ass here, but it must be that Fordham students tend to be wealthier than students elsewhere.

Given how tight fordhams merit aid is, most students have to pony up $200K. This should scare the pants off anyone. And if you got into fordham, you probably know there's a 60-70% chance you are not getting biglaw .

So either fordham enrollees are tiger blooded debt fearless weirdos, or they happen to have the money. I think the student body is on average just richer.

Source: my ass.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:01 am

did anyone else get their finaid award?

aryi3025

Bronze

Post by aryi3025 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:02 pm

anyone have luck negotiating? i've heard all cycle they haven't been negotiating but worth asking again. feel free to pm

aryi3025

Bronze

Post by aryi3025 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:02 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:did anyone else get their finaid award?
ya i got mine about a week post acceptance

lduk22

New

Post by lduk22 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Does anyone here have an idea of what type of LSAT score is generally required for half scholarship? GPA in the 3.6-3.8 range and slightly above-average softs. Thanks

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”