Fordham Law c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lkb

New

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Post by lkb » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:15 pm

chalala wrote:
lkb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
lkb wrote:Hi guys, I hope it's okay that I ask this because I could really use your opinions - I'm having a difficult time choosing between Fordham and BC. One of Fordham's biggest draws is its location in NYC (I would like to work there after graduation), but I was wondering whether location should play that big of a role in my decision? I would really appreciate any thoughts on BC vs. Fordham.

If u want to practice in NyC, then pick Fodham. I can't see how going to BC helps in the NYC market-when NYC has so many great schools.

I know BC is ranked higher, but its not an ivy league, where it has that certain Pull...imo (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Who gave the bigger skolly?

What is your financial/living situation like?
Fordham gave the bigger skolly. Seems everything is pointing towards it, I apparently just need some confirmation :)

Agree with lillawyer2's post. Sounds like Fordham has $ and location over BC--what does BC have over Fordham for you? Is it just the comparative ranking or is there another factor?

FWIW, location has played an unexpectedly big role in my choice (though I'm still deliberating) but you gotta do what's right for you.
Yep, it's the ranking. Although it's probably silly/unnecessary for a relatively close ranking to affect me so much.

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:21 pm

lkb wrote:
chalala wrote:
lkb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
lkb wrote:Hi guys, I hope it's okay that I ask this because I could really use your opinions - I'm having a difficult time choosing between Fordham and BC. One of Fordham's biggest draws is its location in NYC (I would like to work there after graduation), but I was wondering whether location should play that big of a role in my decision? I would really appreciate any thoughts on BC vs. Fordham.

If u want to practice in NyC, then pick Fodham. I can't see how going to BC helps in the NYC market-when NYC has so many great schools.

I know BC is ranked higher, but its not an ivy league, where it has that certain Pull...imo (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Who gave the bigger skolly?

What is your financial/living situation like?
Fordham gave the bigger skolly. Seems everything is pointing towards it, I apparently just need some confirmation :)

Agree with lillawyer2's post. Sounds like Fordham has $ and location over BC--what does BC have over Fordham for you? Is it just the comparative ranking or is there another factor?

FWIW, location has played an unexpectedly big role in my choice (though I'm still deliberating) but you gotta do what's right for you.
Yep, it's the ranking. Although it's probably silly/unnecessary for a relatively close ranking to affect me so much.
You also have to look at rankings other than overall rankings. I have no numbers or stats to back this up, but I have a hard time believing BC would place better than Fordham in New York (if that's your target area). I'm just hypothesizing.

I fully believe Fordham gets the shit end of the stick in the overall rankings considering how well it places in New York, even compared to some T14s.

I also super hated BC's law campus. I love Boston, but BC's law campus definitely isn't Boston.

They're both great schools, it really boils down to where you want to live/practice and where you think you'd be happiest.

znowosadzki

New

Post by znowosadzki » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:23 am

Waitlisted on 4/13. 50% GPA and 25% LSAT score. Odds of getting off the waitlist?

Splitter7

New

Post by Splitter7 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:12 pm

znowosadzki wrote:Waitlisted on 4/13. 50% GPA and 25% LSAT score. Odds of getting off the waitlist?
Would you mind sharing when you went complete/your date changes, please?

znowosadzki

New

Post by znowosadzki » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Splitter7 wrote:
znowosadzki wrote:Waitlisted on 4/13. 50% GPA and 25% LSAT score. Odds of getting off the waitlist?
Would you mind sharing when you went complete/your date changes, please?

Complete 2/11
Status change mid-late March (sorry, i don't remember the exact date but sometime around the 18th I think)
Decision 4/13

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wannabeu

New

Post by wannabeu » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:29 am

I'd sent them an email and they said they will be reviewing WLeddddd apps after second seat deposit deadline which is around June. Are they serious about this..??

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:43 am

wannabeu wrote:I'd sent them an email and they said they will be reviewing WLeddddd apps after second seat deposit deadline which is around June. Are they serious about this..??
Well I'd imagine they're are still a lot of applicants that haven't recieved a decision yet.

Schools are greedy and still accept applicants when they claim seats are still open-reality is that the remaining seats could be filled with some from the WL pool, but they want to get as many applicants as possible.

I know a fella who applied in late feb, early mar. I mean lol he still hasn't recieved a decision. I imagine he will recieve one before the second seat deposit.

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:27 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
wannabeu wrote:I'd sent them an email and they said they will be reviewing WLeddddd apps after second seat deposit deadline which is around June. Are they serious about this..??
Well I'd imagine they're are still a lot of applicants that haven't recieved a decision yet.

Schools are greedy and still accept applicants when they claim seats are still open-reality is that the remaining seats could be filled with some from the WL pool, but they want to get as many applicants as possible.

I know a fella who applied in late feb, early mar. I mean lol he still hasn't recieved a decision. I imagine he will recieve one before the second seat deposit.
Factzzzzz. I also applied at the same time and have not heard a peep.

thelegendoflb

New

Post by thelegendoflb » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi, new to TLS. Admitted into Fordham back in February. Who all here has decided they're attending?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 pm

thelegendoflb wrote:Hi, new to TLS. Admitted into Fordham back in February. Who all here has decided they're attending?
im attending unless i get off a waitlist lol

wbu?

thelegendoflb

New

Post by thelegendoflb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:32 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
thelegendoflb wrote:Hi, new to TLS. Admitted into Fordham back in February. Who all here has decided they're attending?

wbu?
Haha same. Waitlisted at NYU.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:38 am

thelegendoflb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

wbu?
W/L Columbia.

Good luck, either way-i think i'd be happy with Fordham, you?

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:45 am

Was told by adcomm that lots of people with numbers in mid 160s and 3.8ish are on waitlist because they are over enrolled.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 am

ZVBXRPL wrote:
Was told by adcomm that lots of people with numbers in mid 160s and 3.8ish are on waitlist because they are over enrolled.
I heard this too and i was lurking a while back and swore this also happened in 2015. They take a lot of students. How do you over enroll lmao?

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:43 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
I heard this too and i was lurking a while back and swore this also happened in 2015. They take a lot of students. How do you over enroll lmao?
They probably expect x amount of people to deposit because they want to go to Fordham and when x + 50-75 people deposit because they've been waitlisted at NYU and Columbia they can't keep letting people in that they normally would have.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:50 am

fazzvm56 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
They probably expect x amount of people to deposit because they want to go to Fordham and when x + 50-75 people deposit because they've been waitlisted at NYU and Columbia they can't keep letting people in that they normally would have.
Ah, I see. So they expect a lot of students they initially accept-not to attend and are waiting for them to drop.

thelegendoflb

New

Post by thelegendoflb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:33 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
thelegendoflb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

wbu?
W/L Columbia.

Happy, yes. Satisfied, no. 8)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:19 pm

thelegendoflb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
thelegendoflb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

wbu?
W/L Columbia.

lol. same. However, we know we did all we can do!

lkb

New

Post by lkb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:59 pm

thelegendoflb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
thelegendoflb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

wbu?
W/L Columbia.

+1 for Columbia waitlist

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:27 pm

How do you uuys apply for housing? I don't think im going to make it much longer living with the folks.

thelegendoflb

New

Post by thelegendoflb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:16 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
thelegendoflb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
thelegendoflb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

wbu?
W/L Columbia.

haha I'm not sure. I'm kicking myself in the butt for applying to Columbia and NYU so late (Feb. 14th, a few minutes before midnight 8) ). I feel that if I applied the same time as I did the other schools I would have gotten in. However, I have a feeling I'll be getting into NYU. :wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Any1 here get a full scholly? Can u pm me numbers just curious!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:35 am

thelegendoflb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
thelegendoflb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
thelegendoflb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

wbu?
W/L Columbia.

haha I'm not sure. I'm kicking myself in the butt for applying to Columbia and NYU so late (Feb. 14th, a few minutes before midnight 8) ). I feel that if I applied the same time as I did the other schools I would have gotten in. However, I have a feeling I'll be getting into NYU. :wink:

Ah damn! Yes, I will kick you. They practically fill up their seats by then. You must have some great numbers, if you can pull NYU so late. I wish you the best of luck on that! I didn't apply to NYU. I'm not a fan, but I ED'd at Columbia and wasn't good enough :/... lol

thelegendoflb

New

Post by thelegendoflb » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:02 pm

@lillawyer2

Haha yeah that's exactly it, my numbers are amazing....... :oops:. My application was more "holistic" heavy. Thanks for the kick. And yeah, Columbia was my 1A and NYU was my 1B. Why aren't you a fan of NYU? And I'm sure you'll get in. Tell them L.B. said so.

*Did not know there was a reply limit*

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:10 pm

thelegendoflb wrote:@lillawyer2

Haha yeah that's exactly it, my numbers are amazing....... :oops:. My application was more "holistic" heavy. Thanks for the kick. And yeah, Columbia was my 1A and NYU was my 1B. Why aren't you a fan of NYU? And I'm sure you'll get in. Tell them L.B. said so.

*Did not know there was a reply limit*
NYU has a bunch of students who aren't as smart as their egos let on. Their professors constantly say stupid shit. They let in all these child celebrities and children of celebs. Its a bit much.The law school-i'm indifferent about, but the undergrad rubs me entirely the wrong way. I knew a lot of students at NYU ug lmao

I hope I get in to Columbia, but I wont beat myself up too bad-if im not good enough. lol At first I thought I should have been honored to be waitlisted, but then I realized Columbia waitlists everyone.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”