Fordham Law c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:32 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:What's the benefit of being a Stein Scholar besides the summer stipend? Truthfully, I am just looking for any info on the program. Thanks!
lol besides guaranteed summer intership/money. It is a public interest track, if you are really interested in public interest then you may want to look into it, but you have to be committed and it won't be fun if your ambitions lie elseware. This is just what I took from it during ASD.

Ah this is the info I was looking for! Thank you!
I believe you're only locked into doing a PI internship your first summer. I didn't see anything (in the brochure) that would prohibit you from being a SA your second summer if you wanted to be one.
What is a SA?
Summer associate.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:What's the benefit of being a Stein Scholar besides the summer stipend? Truthfully, I am just looking for any info on the program. Thanks!
lol besides guaranteed summer intership/money. It is a public interest track, if you are really interested in public interest then you may want to look into it, but you have to be committed and it won't be fun if your ambitions lie elseware. This is just what I took from it during ASD.

I believe you're only locked into doing a PI internship your first summer. I didn't see anything (in the brochure) that would prohibit you from being a SA your second summer if you wanted to be one.
What is a SA?
Summer associate.
Thank You!!

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:59 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

What is a SA?
SA refers to summer associate (ship), which means working at a firm in the summer as, you guessed it, an associate.

babygap5

New

Post by babygap5 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:53 pm

eeyore2017 wrote:Should I just assume that since my status checker hasn't changed since my initial submission (2/6) that I'm not getting in? I feel like I should just assume that.
I haven't changed at all either, I am still hopeful. I hate this waiting game. :|

eeyore2017

New

Post by eeyore2017 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:04 pm

babygap5 wrote:
eeyore2017 wrote:Should I just assume that since my status checker hasn't changed since my initial submission (2/6) that I'm not getting in? I feel like I should just assume that.
I haven't changed at all either, I am still hopeful. I hate this waiting game. :|

Fear not! Mine changed this morning between my first check and second check (because waiting on admissions makes you neurotic).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cml731

New

Post by cml731 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Does anyone know how long after the second date change that you typically receive an answer? Mine changed most recently 3/13 and I haven't heard anything yet...

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:19 pm

cml731 wrote:Does anyone know how long after the second date change that you typically receive an answer? Mine changed most recently 3/13 and I haven't heard anything yet...
I only changed once. Complete 3/1 then change on 3/8 and accepted on 3/20. I think you'll hear any time now!

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:35 pm

Anyone here a PT applicant & got a decision recently? I'm at the median and decided I want to apply to Fordham although the deadline's at the end of this month. Pretty much a huge mistake in not applying at the very beginning.

Almost willing to write in an addendum that I know I'm applying late, and I'm ok with the sticker since I can keep my damn job that finances it.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:38 pm

potus wrote:Anyone here a PT applicant & got a decision recently? I'm at the median and decided I want to apply to Fordham although the deadline's at the end of this month. Pretty much a huge mistake in not applying at the very beginning.

Almost willing to write in an addendum that I know I'm applying late, and I'm ok with the sticker since I can keep my job that finances it.

I have no knowledge that is helpful to you. I just wanted to say after all these months of being or feeling like the only PT person on this site. Here you are lmao.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:42 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
potus wrote:Anyone here a PT applicant & got a decision recently? I'm at the median and decided I want to apply to Fordham although the deadline's at the end of this month. Pretty much a huge mistake in not applying at the very beginning.

Almost willing to write in an addendum that I know I'm applying late, and I'm ok with the sticker since I can keep my job that finances it.

I have no knowledge that is helpful to you. I just wanted to say after all these months of being or feeling like the only PT person on this site. Here you are lmao.
Well hopefully they see my application and go "Hey a PT! We don't get many of these! Woah, look at all these seats to fill. He can pay sticker?! He's in!"

:(

babygap5

New

Post by babygap5 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:48 pm

potus wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

Well hopefully they see my application and go "Hey a PT! We don't get many of these! Woah, look at all these seats to fill. He can pay sticker?! He's in!"

I am also a PT applicant. I wish you both luck!!

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:49 pm

babygap5 wrote: I am also a PT applicant. I wish you both luck!!
Are you already in? Or still pending/in process?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:43 pm

babygap5 wrote:
potus wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

I'm in! I have been in since before xmas! You guys werent on here when I had my melt down and was looking for fellow Pt ppl.

Are you guys both in jobs you wish to work at after graduation or just want to do PT to manage the debt?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

babygap5

New

Post by babygap5 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:28 pm

potus wrote:
babygap5 wrote: I am also a PT applicant. I wish you both luck!!
Are you already in? Or still pending/in process?

I am still pending, application has been complete since 3/1.

babygap5

New

Post by babygap5 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:32 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
babygap5 wrote:
potus wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

I'm in! I have been in since before xmas! You guys werent on here when I had my melt down and was looking for fellow Pt ppl.

Are you guys both in jobs you wish to work at after graduation or just want to do PT to manage the debt?

I have been out of school for 20 years. I am a paralegal, have worked in a variety of areas including spending 10 years in the finance industry working for a broker dealer in their compliance department. I always wanted to go to law school and that was my original plan after undergrad but decided to hold off, I wanted to get some legal experience first to see if I even was going to like the field. I've met and worked with some amazing lawyers, been to Court for a few trials, one of them was in federal court, lasted 2 months, sat and assisted the attorneys in Court every day. I am hoping that my experience will help me stand out a bit. I am currently working for a law firm that specializes in securities litigation.

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:41 pm

lillawyer2 wrote: Are you guys both in jobs you wish to work at after graduation or just want to do PT to manage the debt?
I'm in a government incubator for older adult/elderly programs and social services. It's not technically what I want to do after graduation, but it would cover the majority of my finances if Fordham's available. I'm really conflicted with my choices and even the prospect of retaking.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:22 am

babygap5 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
babygap5 wrote:
potus wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

I have been out of school for 20 years. I am a paralegal, have worked in a variety of areas including spending 10 years in the finance industry working for a broker dealer in their compliance department. I always wanted to go to law school and that was my original plan after undergrad but decided to hold off, I wanted to get some legal experience first to see if I even was going to like the field. I've met and worked with some amazing lawyers, been to Court for a few trials, one of them was in federal court, lasted 2 months, sat and assisted the attorneys in Court every day. I am hoping that my experience will help me stand out a bit. I am currently working for a law firm that specializes in securities litigation.
That sounds like awesome experience! I wish u the best of luck.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:25 am

Anyone keep getting invited to ASD when they have already gone?

I am tempted to just keep going as long as I am invited. I'll have a weeks worth of shirts lmao.

babygap5

New

Post by babygap5 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:25 am

My date moved!! I was complete on 3/1 and it changed to 3/23. Fingers crossed this is a good sign!!

babygap5

New

Post by babygap5 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:28 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
babygap5 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
babygap5 wrote:
potus wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

That sounds like awesome experience! I wish u the best of luck.
Thank you so much. My date moved, was complete on 3/1 and it is now saying 3/23.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:48 am

babygap5 wrote:My date moved!! I was complete on 3/1 and it changed to 3/23. Fingers crossed this is a good sign!!

ITS COMING SENDING POSITIVE VIBES YOUR WAY!!!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

community113

New

Post by community113 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:52 am

Fordham is the last school I'm waiting to hear from, the wait is killing me! Submitted mid-Jan, date change 2/28... :shock:

babygap5

New

Post by babygap5 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:43 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
babygap5 wrote:My date moved!! I was complete on 3/1 and it changed to 3/23. Fingers crossed this is a good sign!!

ITS COMING SENDING POSITIVE VIBES YOUR WAY!!!!!

Thank you so much!!

barkerintokyo

New

Post by barkerintokyo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:42 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:Any success negotiating schollies peeps?
Bump.
Bump bump.

No was rejected just saying they give their best first, had similar school offers.
What sinikar schools? So not t14?
nope just around the 20's
So no hope with GWs offer?
There's always hope! But, my negotiation with higher GW offer failed.

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Any1 have any experience with negotiating t-14 offers with F?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”