Fordham Law c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TudoBem

Bronze

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Post by TudoBem » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:06 pm

taxman14 wrote:Just got the email ! In!
Congrats!!!
When did you send your application? Did you see any date change in your status?

smashbash

Bronze

Post by smashbash » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Ahhh my status date finally changed! Should I be expecting another date change before a decision?

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:02 pm

Whoa just saw that my status checker changed to Complete 12/5...this is my second date change!! (first changed on 11/22)

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:03 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:04 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:Whoa just saw that my status checker changed to Complete 12/5...this is my second date change!! (first changed on 11/22)

and here i thought we were in this together.... smh

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:09 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:Whoa just saw that my status checker changed to Complete 12/5...this is my second date change!! (first changed on 11/22)

Wait, this also could mean that they've already weeded me out for rejection :(
Kind of noivus because I turned them down last year to spend another year working...

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:10 pm

mm2368 wrote:
Ugh... lucky. I'm still 11/22. :(
Wait when did you submit??

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:13 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

Kind of noivus because I turned them down last year to spend another year working...
no have faith

i applied 10/31 complete 11/01 status 11/22 and nothing since i thought we were on the same page

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:15 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

no have faith

i applied 10/31 complete 11/01 status 11/22 and nothing since i thought we were on the same page
Ahh ok we had the same 11/22 date.
We're still both in the "waiting for Fordham" boat so don't kick me off yet...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:19 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ad34964n

Bronze

Post by ad34964n » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:22 pm

mm2368 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

no have faith

Applied 10/26. Did you apply earlier Thomas
If it makes anyone feel better, applied 10/15, complete 10/20, update 11/1, update 11/22 and still nothing

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:23 pm

mm2368 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

no have faith

Ahh noo I applied 11/3? But I don't think it matters because we both had the 11/22 UR date. seems like we're in the same batch

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:46 pm

---

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:52 pm

mm2368 wrote:Just called them. She said it takes 6-8 weeks, and then asked for my name. She looked and goes, "your application is actually still being reviewed". I said okay np but then she added "yes, it's 6 to 8 weeks from the date of completion". So I actually see that my third LOR didn't get to them until the 29th of Oct. I got the status checker email the 28th, so for all intents and purposes I'd say I went complete 11/1.

That would be 6 weeks, today. And given that the holidays are soon approaching, my guess is that I'll know something next week. I started reading into it and thought her tone of voice was strange on the phone and maybe she knew I had been dinged or something... but I'm being psychotic.
Hahah STOP. You have numbers that it would be almost impossible for them to reject you...

WORST CASE SCENARIO would be if they YP you and waitlist you, and all you have to do is write a LOCI and they will admit you right away. I really can't imagine you not being admitted right away, though. I think you're thinking way to hard into :D

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:11 pm

mm2368 wrote:Just called them. She said it takes 6-8 weeks, and then asked for my name. She looked and goes, "your application is actually still being reviewed". I said okay np but then she added "yes, it's 6 to 8 weeks from the date of completion". So I actually see that my third LOR didn't get to them until the 29th of Oct. I got the status checker email the 28th, so for all intents and purposes I'd say I went complete 11/1.

That would be 6 weeks, today. And given that the holidays are soon approaching, my guess is that I'll know something next week. I started reading into it and thought her tone of voice was strange on the phone and maybe she knew I had been dinged or something... but I'm being psychotic.
so you think next week? geez lol i hope since its so close to xmas its not a ding

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:27 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:

so you think next week? geez lol i hope since its so close to xmas its not a ding
Huh? You do realize that this is still SUPER early to be hearing back, right? hahaha

THELAWWIZARD

New

Post by THELAWWIZARD » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:35 pm

ad34964n wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

no have faith

If it makes anyone feel better, applied 10/15, complete 10/20, update 11/1, update 11/22 and still nothing
Im in the same situation besides for the fact that my status checker still says 11/18 :roll:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:38 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:

Huh? You do realize that this is still SUPER early to be hearing back, right? hahaha

well didnt we apply super early? i mean i did my part lol

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:40 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

Haha yeah that's true but I'm just expecting to hear back from most of my schools around like February-ish. Anything earlier than that is a bonus :D

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:42 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

Haha yeah that's true but I'm just expecting to hear back from most of my schools around like February-ish. Anything earlier than that is a bonus :D
NOOOOOOO i cant wait that long

i also wish fordham gave more than just a date change...i would like to know if im under review...idk lol

i wonder if its too late for a status date change

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:44 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

i also wish fordham gave more than just a date change...i would like to know if im under review...idk lol

Completely agree.
But 3pm EST is usually the "hold your breath and rapidly refresh email" time!!!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:54 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

Completely agree.
But 3pm EST is usually the "hold your breath and rapidly refresh email" time!!!!!

well u got 6 'min buddy lol i hope for the best...maybe ill get a dare change too :))))

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:00 pm

TudoBem wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Just got the email ! In!
Congrats!!!
When did you send your application? Did you see any date change in your status?
Nope no changes - only changed today after I was accepted.

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:51 pm

mm2368 wrote:Congrats on new acceptances today. Did you guys get status checker changes on 11/22, and did your status checker change prior to or immediately after the email?

Thanks!
My status checker changed and said I was admitted at least 2 hours before I got the email.

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:52 pm

ad34964n wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:In by email, any idea when we hear of scholarship info?
Looks like 2 weeks after hearing based on reports from past and current cycles
I was in the first round of admits and got my acceptance on 11/16 and then my scholarship info on 11/22, so a little less than a week.

They're so good about that I love it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”