Fordham Law c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Shakawkaw

Gold

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Post by Shakawkaw » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:16 am

Nero21 wrote:Hey, I was just accepted tonight! Does anybody have an estimate of when financial aid and scholarship decisions will be coming out or should arrive at my doorstep (inbox)? Thanks!
Just got mine via email and was accepted last night.

wildquest8200

Bronze

Post by wildquest8200 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:54 am

just got scholly offer, accepted last week

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:04 pm

largemarge26 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:Am I understanding this correctly- Graduate housing is about 10 grand a semester, 2 semesters in a year, so their graduate housing is over 20 grand a year (and you can't even live there in the summer)? Anyone else think this is ridiculous? Advanced apologies if this is some sort of steal- West Coaster over here.
This is not a steal. I live in Brooklyn currently and my rent comes out to ~11k a year. And I get to live there in the summer.

Okay phew! I pay the same in Seattle (for a tiny room in a townhouse) so that's a lot less intimidating. Thank you!! Even with planning my trip to visit the school I am completely lost :roll:
I live in Manhattan (Convertible 2 bedroom/walkup apartment) and pay around $14k/year.

shawn87654321

New

Post by shawn87654321 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 pm

VinnyGambini Jr. wrote: I was accepted last Thursday with similar stats and have not received any scholarship info either.
lillawyer2 wrote: lol it took me almost a month, so have no fear. You probably wont have to wait as long, but do know that its coming.
Thanks! I was stressing I was the only one. Just got it in the inbox this morning!

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:Am I understanding this correctly- Graduate housing is about 10 grand a semester, 2 semesters in a year, so their graduate housing is over 20 grand a year (and you can't even live there in the summer)? Anyone else think this is ridiculous? Advanced apologies if this is some sort of steal- West Coaster over here.
This is not a steal. I live in Brooklyn currently and my rent comes out to ~11k a year. And I get to live there in the summer.

Okay phew! I pay the same in Seattle (for a tiny room in a townhouse) so that's a lot less intimidating. Thank you!! Even with planning my trip to visit the school I am completely lost :roll:
I live in Manhattan (Convertible 2 bedroom/walkup apartment) and pay around $14k/year.
Does convertible 2 bedroom mean that you just curtain off part of the living room and/or live in a shoebox of a room?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:

Does convertible 2 bedroom mean that you just curtain off part of the living room and/or live in a shoebox of a room?
From what I understand, usually it's called a flex 2 bedroom and the second bedroom is technically an office or like doesn't have a door etc., that they can't technically call it a 2 bedroom. Usually the second bedroom is jipped in some way.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:53 pm

fazzvm56 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:

From what I understand, usually it's called a flex 2 bedroom and the second bedroom is technically an office or like doesn't have a door etc., that they can't technically call it a 2 bedroom. Usually the second bedroom is jipped in some way.
You're exactly right haha

My apartment used to be a one bedroom with a massive living room. The landlord offerd to build a wall (his name isn't Donald Trump, surprisingly) to make a new room in the living room (no door) and although it's slightly smaller than the "real" bedroom, I pay a couple of hundred less in rent per month.

We all live in shoeboxes in NYC, let's be real :)

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Any success negotiating schollies peeps?

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:Any success negotiating schollies peeps?
Bump.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:21 am

Shakawkaw wrote:
Bump.
Bump bump.

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:22 am

fazzvm56 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Bump.
Bump bump.

No was rejected just saying they give their best first, had similar school offers.

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:55 am

shotgunheist wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Bump.
Bump bump.

No was rejected just saying they give their best first, had similar school offers.
Does anyone think that as people are withdrawing their apps (and scholarship offers) that they'll start redistributing that money to previous admits that haven't yet deposited? Wondering if I should wait it out until the deadline.

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:20 pm

shotgunheist wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Bump.
Bump bump.

What sinikar schools? So not t14?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:24 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Bump.
Bump bump.

nope just around the 20's

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:34 pm

shotgunheist wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Bump.
Bump bump.

nope just around the 20's
So no hope with GWs offer?

aryi3025

Bronze

Post by aryi3025 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:54 pm

when is fordhams deposit deadline? i've heard nothing from them since my second complete date and i'm worndering if they are going to keep it that way until the first deadline passes

largemarge26

New

Post by largemarge26 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:25 pm

What's the benefit of being a Stein Scholar besides the summer stipend? Truthfully, I am just looking for any info on the program. Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:23 pm

largemarge26 wrote:What's the benefit of being a Stein Scholar besides the summer stipend? Truthfully, I am just looking for any info on the program. Thanks!
lol besides guaranteed summer intership/money. It is a public interest track, if you are really interested in public interest then you may want to look into it, but you have to be committed and it won't be fun if your ambitions lie elseware. This is just what I took from it during ASD.

largemarge26

New

Post by largemarge26 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:37 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:What's the benefit of being a Stein Scholar besides the summer stipend? Truthfully, I am just looking for any info on the program. Thanks!
lol besides guaranteed summer intership/money. It is a public interest track, if you are really interested in public interest then you may want to look into it, but you have to be committed and it won't be fun if your ambitions lie elseware. This is just what I took from it during ASD.

Ah this is the info I was looking for! Thank you!

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:51 pm

largemarge26 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

I believe you're only locked into doing a PI internship your first summer. I didn't see anything (in the brochure) that would prohibit you from being a SA your second summer if you wanted to be one.

chalala

New

Post by chalala » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:45 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:
fazzvm56 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Bump.
Bump bump.

Also curious about ability to use t14 acceptance to up $ at fordham, though it sounds like nobody's really been successful in getting a scholarship bump for any reason :/

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

goldenbear2020

Silver

Post by goldenbear2020 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:38 pm

aryi3025 wrote:when is fordhams deposit deadline? i've heard nothing from them since my second complete date and i'm worndering if they are going to keep it that way until the first deadline passes
First deposit of $400 due 4/18
Second deposit of $600 due 6/1

eeyore2017

New

Post by eeyore2017 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Should I just assume that since my status checker hasn't changed since my initial submission (2/6) that I'm not getting in? I feel like I should just assume that.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:38 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
largemarge26 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

I believe you're only locked into doing a PI internship your first summer. I didn't see anything (in the brochure) that would prohibit you from being a SA your second summer if you wanted to be one.
What is a SA?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:39 pm

eeyore2017 wrote:Should I just assume that since my status checker hasn't changed since my initial submission (2/6) that I'm not getting in? I feel like I should just assume that.
No. lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”