Fordham Law c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jurisdoctor2020

New

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Post by jurisdoctor2020 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:51 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:Any1 have any experience with negotiating t-14 offers with F?
I tried with a Cornell offer but they didn't budge. Said that they already offered the most they give, with the exception of two or three students who receive more.

LeavingHomeSoon

New

Post by LeavingHomeSoon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:14 am

Does anyone know what the latest date a decision is made? I've received scholarship offers from others that have to be accepted by April 17, so Fordhams decision won't come later than that, right?

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:13 am

LeavingHomeSoon wrote:Does anyone know what the latest date a decision is made? I've received scholarship offers from others that have to be accepted by April 17, so Fordhams decision won't come later than that, right?
1st deposit of 400 due april 18th.

dukebluedevils

New

Post by dukebluedevils » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:52 am

Has anyone applied for on campus housing at the Wilshire Plaza apartments?

chalala

New

Post by chalala » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:22 am

+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:01 pm

dukebluedevils wrote:Has anyone applied for on campus housing at the Wilshire Plaza apartments?
If/when (most likely when) I deposit, I will be applying for the Wilshire Plaza housing.

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
dukebluedevils wrote:Has anyone applied for on campus housing at the Wilshire Plaza apartments?
If/when (most likely when) I deposit, I will be applying for the Wilshire Plaza housing.
Is this the on-campus housing that is semi-shared with undergrads? The one that they say is granted based on the distance of your permanent residence from the school?

dukebluedevils

New

Post by dukebluedevils » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
Anyone have any idea if there is a waitlist yet?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:32 pm

fazzvm56 wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
Is this the on-campus housing that is semi-shared with undergrads? The one that they say is granted based on the distance of your permanent residence from the school?
No it is off campus. Its like a 10min walk away. The building is pretty however the surrounding buildingsare meh.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MurdockLLP

Bronze

Post by MurdockLLP » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:46 pm

I know it's late in the cycle, but current 2L on LR and with an upcoming SA. Feel free to PM any questions.

celticsfan

New

Post by celticsfan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Anyone else still waiting? I went complete in late January and again 2 weeks ago.

babygap5

New

Post by babygap5 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:51 pm

celticsfan wrote:Anyone else still waiting? I went complete in late January and again 2 weeks ago.

Yes, I am still waiting, went complete 3/1 and on 3/23.

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Still waiting, yeah. Also complete in late January.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

allstar87120

New

Post by allstar87120 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:21 pm

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG

Nero21

New

Post by Nero21 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:13 pm

Does anybody know if Fordham will send packets/envelops to our homes if we were accepted? Also I've been apartment searching, does anybody know the best way too find reasonable apartments in or near Fordham? I don't mind commuting but Zillow seems to not be the best option. Any New Yorkers who can give any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:44 am

Nero21 wrote:Does anybody know if Fordham will send packets/envelops to our homes if we were accepted? Also I've been apartment searching, does anybody know the best way too find reasonable apartments in or near Fordham? I don't mind commuting but Zillow seems to not be the best option. Any New Yorkers who can give any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
I've been looking on the app Street Easy. When I do start looking at apartments (I feel like it's still a bit too early) I'll probably just go through that. I know people who have rented through it and it worked out fine.

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:51 am

Nero21 wrote:Does anybody know if Fordham will send packets/envelops to our homes if we were accepted? Also I've been apartment searching, does anybody know the best way too find reasonable apartments in or near Fordham? I don't mind commuting but Zillow seems to not be the best option. Any New Yorkers who can give any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Ive gotten acceptance packet and another accepted students guide mailed.

On an unrelated topic, what's the parking situation like?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:56 am

ZVBXRPL wrote:

Lincoln Center is literally across the street, as is their huge garage. It's expensive though. Not sure if they have a monthly deal. There's also a garage a few blocks away (one or two blocks west and maybe 1 block north) that I know a lot of Fordham people use. I'm sure if you ask in the accepted students FB group someone will know where most commuters park!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:23 am

ZVBXRPL wrote:

Its not saying much but:

Lincoln Center Campus Parking
Manhattan, NY
Daily parking for students, faculty, administrators, staff, or visitors to our Lincoln Center campus is currently available at any of the following locations by having your parking ticket validated at the Lowenstein Public Safety desk for preferential rates.

I am hoping the discount is significant, because some days I will commute from my house and other days i'll be at my apt in the city.

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:28 am

ZVBXRPL wrote:

You'd have to be out of your mind to try to regularly commute into NYC by car. Cheaper to just take the metro north.

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:56 am

bitter_melon wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:

You'd have to be out of your mind to try to regularly commute into NYC by car. Cheaper to just take the metro north.
Depending on how much you can get monthly parking for in the city, this isn't necessarily true. Depending on the distance from your house to the school, taking the train could cost you $20 train, at least $10 parking at train station, subway fare, etc. Probably be quicker and more convenient to commute by car and likely cheaper too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:02 am

fazzvm56 wrote:
bitter_melon wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:

Depending on how much you can get monthly parking for in the city, this isn't necessarily true. Depending on the distance from your house to the school, taking the train could cost you $20 train, at least $10 parking at train station, subway fare, etc. Probably be quicker and more convenient to commute by car and likely cheaper too.
Keep in mind that you also have to pay for gas, maintenance, tolls (Manhattan is an island), and the time it takes to sit in traffic.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:22 am

fazzvm56 wrote:
bitter_melon wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:

...no...taking the train is significantly cheaper/convenient hands down. If you're planning on showing up to class more than 2 times per week, then you should most definitely get an unlimited metrocard ~$115/month. This will also let you go out on weekends, etc. You can also get an unlimited LIRR (Long Island Rail Road) if you plan on living in Queens or even deeper into Long Island (although I would advise against this). Parking is usually free at the station. A bunch of people live in Manhattan (more affordable options just uptown near Columbia), Brookly, or Astoria (Queens - one or two subway stops from Manhattan). The subway system in NYC is actually surprisingly efficient (especially compared to 3rd world DC Metro). My friend commutes to Manhattan from Astoria, Queens and usually has a 30 min commute.

Tolls to Manhattan is extremely expensive, ranging from $8.50 - $17 ONE WAY. That's already more than your daily train/subway costs and that's not including the price for parking which is also ridiculous. Not sure about where Fordham is but prices for garages near NYU are like $25/day. Parking near Fordham is definitely more expensive. Don't even think about doing roadside parking because you won't ever get one.

Edit: Completely forgot about gas. But yeah, you get the point.

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:28 am

^

To Piggy back onto that, you can also get a monthly metro north pass if you plan on living in Westchester or CT, which can range from 120-300 per month (you're probably not going to be commuting from Poughkeepsie so it would be on the lower end). Even with all of that, I'm just not seeing any scenario in which driving into the city every day is either easier or cheaper than commuting.

If you're good with time and enjoy long walks, you can get into Penn Station/Grand Central and just walk to Lincoln Center, it would save you the $115/month, but don't do this unless you really really like walking.

wildquest8200

Bronze

Post by wildquest8200 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 am

jurisdoctor2020 wrote:
I tried with a Cornell offer but they didn't budge. Said that they already offered the most they give, with the exception of two or three students who receive more.
would you mind pm'ing me this offer? if that's too invasive a question please ignore me

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”