Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pittiepaws16

New

Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Post by pittiepaws16 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Hey guys! I wanted to start a thread to discuss applications to Georgia State's college of law class of 2020. I applied on October 1, 2016 and my status is still "Application Received."

sethnoorzad

New

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Post by sethnoorzad » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:15 am

I intend to apply. Will take LSAT for first time in Dec. I will submit my app around Jan 15.

Brandon.lentz13

New

Post by Brandon.lentz13 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:27 pm

I'm taking the December LSAT as well ... I think they said the scores should be back around January 4th so I will be submitting my app the minute the score comes back

Randy 'BoBandy

New

Post by Randy 'BoBandy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:54 pm

Current 1L here (neglecting finals studying). ...willing to answer any questions about the law school, admissions process, scholarships, daily life as a 1L, etc. We're in the middle of finals, so I might not reply until later next week. Also, feel free to PM me if you'd rather!

KtLaw747

New

Post by KtLaw747 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:48 am

Just received an acceptance email today, which is strange because I told them to hold my application until I re-took the LSAT in Feb. Nevertheless, happy to see one acceptance so far. They supposedly have mailed out an acceptance packet, but from what I've seen in past posts scholarship decisions aren't made until Mar?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KtLaw747

New

Post by KtLaw747 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:49 am

Randy 'BoBandy wrote:Current 1L here (neglecting finals studying). ...willing to answer any questions about the law school, admissions process, scholarships, daily life as a 1L, etc. We're in the middle of finals, so I might not reply until later next week. Also, feel free to PM me if you'd rather!
Do you have any info on when scholarship information is sent out?

Randy 'BoBandy

New

Post by Randy 'BoBandy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:28 pm

KtLaw747 wrote:
Randy 'BoBandy wrote:Current 1L here (neglecting finals studying). ...willing to answer any questions about the law school, admissions process, scholarships, daily life as a 1L, etc. We're in the middle of finals, so I might not reply until later next week. Also, feel free to PM me if you'd rather!
Congrats on your acceptance! ...I received no scholarship info with my initial acceptance by email or acceptance packet, which was the norm for most so don't worry. I was accepted Dec. 3rd, and did not receive my scholarship offer until Jan. 26th. Most of the scholarship info appeared to be sent out in waves between Jan. and Mar. However, they might hold off until they have your Feb. LSAT score.

KtLaw747

New

Post by KtLaw747 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:11 am

Randy 'BoBandy wrote:
KtLaw747 wrote:
Congrats on your acceptance! ...I received no scholarship info with my initial acceptance by email or acceptance packet, which was the norm for most so don't worry. I was accepted Dec. 3rd, and did not receive my scholarship offer until Jan. 26th. Most of the scholarship info appeared to be sent out in waves between Jan. and Mar. However, they might hold off until they have your Feb. LSAT score.
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman! I appreciate the information. Hope your finals went (or are going) well.

trueblue92

New

Post by trueblue92 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:42 pm

I was just accepted and I have questions!! :D Do you have any idea how difficult it is to secure a first year in-state tuition equalizer? And how tough it is to establish residency after the first year? That out-of-state tuition is wild.

Any thoughts on the prospects for securing SA positions in Atlanta?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Randy 'BoBandy

New

Post by Randy 'BoBandy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:14 pm

trueblue92 wrote:

I was just accepted and I have questions!! :D Do you have any idea how difficult it is to secure a first year in-state tuition equalizer? And how tough it is to establish residency after the first year? That out-of-state tuition is wild.

Any thoughts on the prospects for securing SA positions in Atlanta?
Hey, congrats on the acceptance! I was able to receive an in-state tuition equalizer and my stats were somewhat modest (LSAT 160, GPA 2.96, and non-URM); So if you're around or above those stats, then you should have a fair shot, but I'm not 100% about that.

As for SA positions, I unfortunately have no idea. Don't hesitate to contact GSU career services by email. I know they'll have this info in the office, but I can't remember the exact numbers though. Anyways hope this helps. Happy Holidays!

Brandon.lentz13

New

Post by Brandon.lentz13 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:31 am

KtLaw747 wrote:Just received an acceptance email today, which is strange because I told them to hold my application until I re-took the LSAT in Feb. Nevertheless, happy to see one acceptance so far. They supposedly have mailed out an acceptance packet, but from what I've seen in past posts scholarship decisions aren't made until Mar?

What's we're you numbers if you don't mind be asking ?

Brandon.lentz13

New

Post by Brandon.lentz13 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:31 am

KtLaw747 wrote:Just received an acceptance email today, which is strange because I told them to hold my application until I re-took the LSAT in Feb. Nevertheless, happy to see one acceptance so far. They supposedly have mailed out an acceptance packet, but from what I've seen in past posts scholarship decisions aren't made until Mar?

KtLaw747

New

Post by KtLaw747 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Brandon.lentz13 wrote:

158 and 3.94 going back in Feb to retake the lsat

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Brandon.lentz13

New

Post by Brandon.lentz13 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:52 pm

December LSAT is released tomato! hoping for the best

Brandon.lentz13

New

Post by Brandon.lentz13 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:11 pm

I applied today.. so here comes the wait

trueblue92

New

Post by trueblue92 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:46 pm

How many out-of-state students are in your class/section? Is it pretty much all in-state residents? I am hopefully visiting and checking out campus sometime at the end of the month - any tips, suggestions on restaurants or things in ATL I simply must see are welcome and appreciated! :D

Brandon.lentz13

New

Post by Brandon.lentz13 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:12 pm

trueblue, there are plenty of restaurants located within walking distance of campus.. all of them are really good.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gbullock19

New

Post by gbullock19 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:22 am

I applied last year but my application wasn't complete. This school started off as my 1st choice. Went to GSU for undergrad. I initially got a 154 on LSAT and my GPA is only 3.04. Was told to retake LSAT before applying again. I'm scheduled for Feb 2017 retake and am currently in a Princeton Review prep class. Debating whether I will go if I get in as I've got a 90k scholarship (no stips) from Stetson. Hard to turn down that money and the beach....

Brandon.lentz13

New

Post by Brandon.lentz13 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Still waiting, my application is still marked complete, hoping it will go into review soon.

Brandon.lentz13

New

Post by Brandon.lentz13 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:28 pm

I wish more people would participate in the forum.. Anyway, I contacted admissions, they are finishing up with one batch of applications today and beginning with another one tomorrow. Any applications turned in after January 1st should be reviewed in tomorrows batch

pittiepaws16

New

Post by pittiepaws16 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Brandon.lentz13 wrote:I wish more people would participate in the forum.. Anyway, I contacted admissions, they are finishing up with one batch of applications today and beginning with another one tomorrow. Any applications turned in after January 1st should be reviewed in tomorrows batch
Thanks for the update from them!! My application status has changed to Second Review Pending, so I am on hold. I spoke with admissions and they are basically on the fence with me. I have weak numbers - 154 LSAT and 3.18 GPA, but I went Georgia Institute of Technology and studied International Affairs and Arabic, so I'm hoping Arabic will be my saving grace. I applied last year and was waitlisted and I pretty much just resubmitted my app this year, but much earlier. Fingers crossed!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wanderlust24x

New

Post by wanderlust24x » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Just to update those who are waiting for a response, I received my acceptance via email this morning! Good luck to everyone.

Edit: Applied on 1/1, went complete on 1/6.

pittiepaws16

New

Post by pittiepaws16 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:00 pm

wanderlust24x wrote:Just to update those who are waiting for a response, I received my acceptance via email this morning! Good luck to everyone.

Congrats!!!

Brandon.lentz13

New

Post by Brandon.lentz13 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:07 am

Congrats!!! Im still waiting, i submitted on the 1/5 it went complete 1/6 and been in review since the 13th. I'm hoping a decision will come soon

wanderlust24x

New

Post by wanderlust24x » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:52 am

Brandon.lentz13 wrote:Congrats!!! Im still waiting, i submitted on the 1/5 it went complete 1/6 and been in review since the 13th. I'm hoping a decision will come soon
pittiepaws16 wrote:
wanderlust24x wrote:Just to update those who are waiting for a response, I received my acceptance via email this morning! Good luck to everyone.

Congrats!!!
Thank you! Sending good vibes your way.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”