Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shawn87654321

New

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by shawn87654321 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Just withdrew with $$. Best of luck at BC y'all

whodareswins

Bronze

Post by whodareswins » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Waitlisted with a 166/3.88

:?

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:25 pm

whodareswins wrote:Waitlisted with a 166/3.88

I'm sorry!! That's crazy, though! Did you apply late in the cycle? I know you've had some other good acceptances/offers so I can't imagine it's your app.

07marie05

New

Post by 07marie05 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:28 pm

whodareswins wrote:Waitlisted with a 166/3.88

Me too if it makes you feel any better - WL with a 167/3.7

lkb

New

Post by lkb » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi guys, I hope it's okay that I ask this because I could really use your opinions - I'm having a difficult time choosing between BC and Fordham. Fordham's biggest draw is its location in NYC (I would like to work there after graduation), but as a school I prefer BC. Does location really matter that much in terms of post-grad employment? Since BC's deposit deadline is so close I would appreciate your thoughts.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mrtux45

Bronze

Post by mrtux45 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 am

lkb wrote:Hi guys, I hope it's okay that I ask this because I could really use your opinions - I'm having a difficult time choosing between BC and Fordham. Fordham's biggest draw is its location in NYC (I would like to work there after graduation), but as a school I prefer BC. Does location really matter that much in terms of post-grad employment? Since BC's deposit deadline is so close I would appreciate your thoughts.
Yeah it certainly matters but it's not like you can't get to NY from BC or Boston from Fordham, for example. It just takes more hustle/networking on your part. Think about it, with both schools located in their respective cities, their alumni networks are naturally concentrated in their city.

JGPGH

New

Post by JGPGH » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:56 am

Anyone think that they might start extending offers to WL candidates now that the first deposit deadline has passed?

em15

Bronze

Post by em15 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:00 pm

JGPGH wrote:Anyone think that they might start extending offers to WL candidates now that the first deposit deadline has passed?
They probably have to review all the WL applications first. I don't think they rank the WL, but I could be wrong. I'm guessing it would take at least a few weeks? Complete guess though

JGPGH

New

Post by JGPGH » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:46 pm

em15 wrote:
JGPGH wrote:Anyone think that they might start extending offers to WL candidates now that the first deposit deadline has passed?
They probably have to review all the WL applications first. I don't think they rank the WL, but I could be wrong. I'm guessing it would take at least a few weeks? Complete guess though
Yeah that makes sense actually. Probably won't be hearing until mid-may at the earliest :/

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

adc20

New

Post by adc20 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:27 pm

mrtux45 wrote:
lkb wrote:Hi guys, I hope it's okay that I ask this because I could really use your opinions - I'm having a difficult time choosing between BC and Fordham. Fordham's biggest draw is its location in NYC (I would like to work there after graduation), but as a school I prefer BC. Does location really matter that much in terms of post-grad employment? Since BC's deposit deadline is so close I would appreciate your thoughts.
Yeah it certainly matters but it's not like you can't get to NY from BC or Boston from Fordham, for example. It just takes more hustle/networking on your part. Think about it, with both schools located in their respective cities, their alumni networks are naturally concentrated in their city.
I'm in the same boat (and hope I can ask you all as well for some help) -- trying to decide between BC and Fordham. I liked the BC ASD a lot more than Fordham's and am already an eagle from undergrad, but worry because I want to be in NYC. From what I've heard and seen, Fordham has great placement obviously in NYC and from what I've heard has a great adjunct faculty (because you're in NYC) . I'm also at a big law type of firm now, and everyone seems to be strongly urging me to go to Fordham over Boston College given it's program, location, and adjunct faculty... Really split at this point -- can anyone share any more thoughts??

mrtux45

Bronze

Post by mrtux45 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Just checked BC's LSN to see what's going on, lots of Withdrawns across the highest scholarship amounts. IMO, it's very frustrating to see that alongside their stance of being completely closed to negotiations.

I'd imagine they'd be able to land several of those top applicants if they were willing to meet students in the middle on offers. Obviously this is more of a rant and doesn't really matter now that seat deposits have happened..but still worth mentioning

em15

Bronze

Post by em15 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:50 pm

mrtux45 wrote:Just checked BC's LSN to see what's going on, lots of Withdrawns across the highest scholarship amounts. IMO, it's very frustrating to see that alongside their stance of being completely closed to negotiations.

I'd imagine they'd be able to land several of those top applicants if they were willing to meet students in the middle on offers. Obviously this is more of a rant and doesn't really matter now that seat deposits have happened..but still worth mentioning
I'd love if they gave more money to the people who did deposit at least

mrtux45

Bronze

Post by mrtux45 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:54 pm

em15 wrote:
mrtux45 wrote:Just checked BC's LSN to see what's going on, lots of Withdrawns across the highest scholarship amounts. IMO, it's very frustrating to see that alongside their stance of being completely closed to negotiations.

Same, but I can't see why they would do that..it's a business in the end. I did deposit to reserve the seat, but still might not go in the end. Especially since I have other deposit deadlines that are a few weeks from now.

Can't imagine I'm the only one who feels that way

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jstans

Bronze

Post by jstans » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:41 pm

mrtux45 wrote:
em15 wrote:

Same, but I can't see why they would do that..it's a business in the end. I did deposit to reserve the seat, but still might not go in the end. Especially since I have other deposit deadlines that are a few weeks from now.

I've built my budget for my current scholarship, but would love to see a bump. Not holding out hope though since, as you said, it is a business. Fingers crossed though.

JohnMaynardKeynes

New

Post by JohnMaynardKeynes » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:21 pm

I over analyze this stuff all day long. I'm the freak who looks at the FB page and compares it to last year's. Based purely on this it would be reasonable to assume, albeit speculatively, that several waitlist offers should come. In regards to time, it would seem that historically mid May is hot for BC. Followed 4 weeks later (after 2nd deposit) mid June).

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:20 am

I know I was deciding between here and BU and would have happily gone had they beat their offer - no dice on that though. Was hopeful they would try to beat out their neighbor.

mrtux45

Bronze

Post by mrtux45 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:22 am

JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:

I over analyze this stuff all day long. I'm the freak who looks at the FB page and compares it to last year's. Based purely on this it would be reasonable to assume, albeit speculatively, that several waitlist offers should come. In regards to time, it would seem that historically mid May is hot for BC. Followed 4 weeks later (after 2nd deposit) mid June).
Fair, but even if that is true, it has been previously posted on this board that a higher up in admissions said that WL admits will get 0 financial aid and have to pay sticker. I just can't see how BC is that strapped for cash

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Post by tuesdayninja » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:48 am

Dodocogon wrote:

I know I was deciding between here and BU and would have happily gone had they beat their offer - no dice on that though. Was hopeful they would try to beat out their neighbor.
Same. Maybe BC is really that strapped on funds. Part of me hopes that they send a random email with more money now but it probably won't happen.

laqueredup

Bronze

Post by laqueredup » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:31 am

Withdrew last week to make some room for you all, threw a tiny amount back in the pot. Good Luck!

raeofsunshine

New

Post by raeofsunshine » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:27 pm

mrtux45 wrote:
em15 wrote:

I did the exact same thing with multiple deposits. I also got a very rude email back when I tried to negotiate. I was honestly surprised at how blunt and rude it was - didn't exactly make me excited to go to BC.

mrtux45

Bronze

Post by mrtux45 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 am

raeofsunshine wrote:
mrtux45 wrote:
em15 wrote:

I did the exact same thing with multiple deposits. I also got a very rude email back when I tried to negotiate. I was honestly surprised at how blunt and rude it was - didn't exactly make me excited to go to BC.
100% agree

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

0LawSchool

New

Post by 0LawSchool » Wed May 10, 2017 9:21 am

Any movement off the WL?

JohnMaynardKeynes

New

Post by JohnMaynardKeynes » Thu May 11, 2017 9:46 am

0LawSchool wrote:Any movement off the WL?
Doesn't appear to be any movement so far

zaaannn333

New

Post by zaaannn333 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:17 pm

JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
0LawSchool wrote:Any movement off the WL?
Doesn't appear to be any movement so far

Any movement now? When do people think the WL is going to start moving?

JGPGH

New

Post by JGPGH » Sat May 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Got notified on Wednesday that they will not be offering me a seat off of the waitlist. 3.56/163 and pretty good softs. Best of luck!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”