University of Alabama c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:58 pm

In today!
LSAT > 75th
50th>GPA>25th

tncats

Bronze

Post by tncats » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:In today!
LSAT > 75th
50th>GPA>25th
Congratulations! I'm surprised that the admissions office is open right now. Did you get a phone call or some other notification?

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:52 pm

tncats wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:In today!
LSAT > 75th
50th>GPA>25th
Congratulations! I'm surprised that the admissions office is open right now. Did you get a phone call or some other notification?
Thanks! Yeah I was surprised as well. I got a phone call from the dean informing me.

vcap180

Bronze

Post by vcap180 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:31 am

anyone get a voicemail but no email?

paisa_sandia

New

Post by paisa_sandia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:38 pm

Just got accepted with $$ via phone call. Honestly a little surprised at how much I got considering my stats (LSAT >75%, 25%>GPA>50%)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:27 pm

gonna withdraw my app here, good luck to the rest of you!

atp123

New

Post by atp123 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:05 pm

Applied today streamlined. How long before most people have heard back? Is it likely I'll be accepted if I was offered the streamlined option?

nycseeker

New

Post by nycseeker » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:21 am

atp123 wrote:Applied today streamlined. How long before most people have heard back? Is it likely I'll be accepted if I was offered the streamlined option?
I also applied yesterday with the streamlined application. I'm afraid of seeming uninterested due to submitting no personal statement and no letter of recommendation. Do you think we're likely to be rejected or waitlisted because of that?

LSAT > 75th
25th < GPA < 50th

vcap180

Bronze

Post by vcap180 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:27 am

nycseeker wrote:
atp123 wrote:Applied today streamlined. How long before most people have heard back? Is it likely I'll be accepted if I was offered the streamlined option?
I also applied yesterday with the streamlined application. I'm afraid of seeming uninterested due to submitting no personal statement and no letter of recommendation. Do you think we're likely to be rejected or waitlisted because of that?

LSAT > 75th
25th < GPA < 50th
Hard to imagine why they'd offer this if they were prone to that assumption lol.

By the way - how about that football game last night?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

atp123

New

Post by atp123 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:04 pm

vcap180 wrote:
nycseeker wrote:

LSAT > 75th
25th < GPA < 50th
Hard to imagine why they'd offer this if they were prone to that assumption lol.

By the way - how about that football game last night?
I was worried about that too. Did you get a confirmation email today? This is the only app I haven't gotten an email for the day of/next day

lk7999

New

Post by lk7999 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:17 pm

I applied yesterday via streamlined app as well. No confirmation email yet. Is LSAC portal still showing that they are unable to release CAS report due to no assigned LORs for you two? (Despite the LOR requirement being waived)... Just wanting to make sure Alabama is getting my report.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 pm

For those of you wondering about streamlined app - if you have the numbers, most likely you'll be admitted, and with significant scholarship.

I submitted in streamlined and got a call two days later from the dean offering me a full. I didn't submit my PS or LORs (did submit resume). I was above both 75ths, so that could affect the scholly amount.

But as far as 'not seeming interested', if you have the numbers, they want to admit you.

nycseeker

New

Post by nycseeker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:21 am

lk7999 wrote:I applied yesterday via streamlined app as well. No confirmation email yet. Is LSAC portal still showing that they are unable to release CAS report due to no assigned LORs for you two? (Despite the LOR requirement being waived)... Just wanting to make sure Alabama is getting my report.
I emailed the office about this specifically and included a screenshot, and they told me that they have received everything and they're not sure why that is showing up. :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

atp123

New

Post by atp123 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:34 pm

nycseeker wrote:
lk7999 wrote:I applied yesterday via streamlined app as well. No confirmation email yet. Is LSAC portal still showing that they are unable to release CAS report due to no assigned LORs for you two? (Despite the LOR requirement being waived)... Just wanting to make sure Alabama is getting my report.
I emailed the office about this specifically and included a screenshot, and they told me that they have received everything and they're not sure why that is showing up. :)
Got my confirmation email today! Hoping to hear back by Friday

lk7999

New

Post by lk7999 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:08 pm

atp123 wrote:
nycseeker wrote:
Got my confirmation email today! Hoping to hear back by Friday
Same! Status showing "Application Received" for you?

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Visited this week. I am not from the south, I've never spent much time in the south, most of what I know about the south is straight out of Waterboy. I applied to Alabama because they offered the Amazon gift card reimbursement, so it was literally free. When they offered to fly me out and put me up, I almost turned them down. Going to Alabama has never really been on my radar.

I have left really impressed. It seems like a possibility now, honestly. I could see myself being successful there, which is not how I felt when I visited a different t20ish school. What I'm not impressed with is the scholarship offer: I would need to pay about 10k/yr,as opposed to 4 at wustl or nothing at Minnesota. Will wait to see how the rest of my cycle plays out before I try to negotiate, but at the beginning of the week I would have said there was no way I was going here. Now I definitely can't say that.

Anyone else really like the vibe here?

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:50 pm

guybourdin wrote:Visited this week. I am not from the south, I've never spent much time in the south, most of what I know about the south is straight out of Waterboy. I applied to Alabama because they offered the Amazon gift card reimbursement, so it was literally free. When they offered to fly me out and put me up, I almost turned them down. Going to Alabama has never really been on my radar.

I have left really impressed. It seems like a possibility now, honestly. I could see myself being successful there, which is not how I felt when I visited a different t20ish school. What I'm not impressed with is the scholarship offer: I would need to pay about 10k/yr,as opposed to 4 at wustl or nothing at Minnesota. Will wait to see how the rest of my cycle plays out before I try to negotiate, but at the beginning of the week I would have said there was no way I was going here. Now I definitely can't say that.

Can you expand on what makes it so special and the vibes you get? I've hardly heard anything good about the south. But everyone here seems to speak highly of Alabama, it's left me rather curious.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

paisa_sandia

New

Post by paisa_sandia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:06 am

guybourdin wrote:Visited this week. I am not from the south, I've never spent much time in the south, most of what I know about the south is straight out of Waterboy. I applied to Alabama because they offered the Amazon gift card reimbursement, so it was literally free. When they offered to fly me out and put me up, I almost turned them down. Going to Alabama has never really been on my radar.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago when Alabama offered me a scholarship for undergrad. Would have never seen myself going there until I visited and enrolled on a whim, but had the best four years of my life there. So much so that I'm now highly considering Bama with the $$$ it's offering over plenty of T20s and a couple T14s. I never met a law student who didn't love it, and I know grads working in everything from NYC BigLaw to CoA clerkships to DOJ Honors. It's quite the place.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:53 am

gonna withdraw my app, good luck everyone else! :D

BostonOrBust

Bronze

Post by BostonOrBust » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:03 am

Checking in-- submitted 1/9. Was raised in LSU land, so my family would take Bama hard, but it's a great option!

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:10 am

proteinshake wrote:gonna withdraw my app, good luck everyone else! :D
What did you do with that $30 amazon giftcard they sent you?? haha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:32 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
proteinshake wrote:gonna withdraw my app, good luck everyone else! :D
What did you do with that $30 amazon giftcard they sent you?? haha
haven't gotten it yet :?

Chipotle85

Bronze

Post by Chipotle85 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:07 am

Absolutely. Visited early this cycle and legitimately considering it over multiple T 14s. In fact, if I had to choose today I would go here. People are great and faculty and staff really seem like they go out of their way to help you succeed

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:11 am

Chipotle85 wrote:

Absolutely. Visited early this cycle and legitimately considering it over multiple T 14s. In fact, if I had to choose today I would go here. People are great and faculty and staff really seem like they go out of their way to help you succeed
did you both get your gift cards yet?!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:03 am

proteinshake wrote:
Chipotle85 wrote:

did you both get your gift cards yet?!
Yes! Picked up the newest Star trek and star wars on bluray

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”