University of Alabama c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hethebearded

New

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by hethebearded » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:54 pm

mstatelawdawg wrote:Has anyone else who has a full ride heard anything about FAFSA? Do we have to do it if we have a full ride?
For what it's worth, I haven't heard either way but I did submit mine about a month ago to be sure.

Acrobatic Fox

New

Post by Acrobatic Fox » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:59 pm

hethebearded wrote:
mstatelawdawg wrote:Has anyone else who has a full ride heard anything about FAFSA? Do we have to do it if we have a full ride?
For what it's worth, I haven't heard either way but I did submit mine about a month ago to be sure.
If you are planning on taking any loan money out, whether it be for food, housing, insurance, or anything, then I think you will need to fill it out.

If my understanding is correct, which it might not be, you have to fill it out to get approved to take out any federal student loans.

mstatelawdawg

New

Post by mstatelawdawg » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Acrobatic Fox wrote:
hethebearded wrote:
If you are planning on taking any loan money out, whether it be for food, housing, insurance, or anything, then I think you will need to fill it out.

If my understanding is correct, which it might not be, you have to fill it out to get approved to take out any federal student loans.
I won't be taking any loans for anything. My wife will be covering housing/food/everything else. So I guess I just won't do it since I haven't heard anything about it?

Acrobatic Fox

New

Post by Acrobatic Fox » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:06 pm

mstatelawdawg wrote:
Acrobatic Fox wrote:
hethebearded wrote:

I won't be taking any loans for anything. My wife will be covering housing/food/everything else. So I guess I just won't do it since I haven't heard anything about it?
I think you should be fine then. Personally, I would do it just in case you end up needing it for some unfortunate reason, but that's mainly just because I think it's better to have the option than to limit yourself.

Also while very, very unlikely you could somehow qualify for need based aid. The chances are super slim, but might as well find out.

Notmyname1023

New

Post by Notmyname1023 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:35 pm

I have been waitlisted for a while and was wondering if anyone currently admitted could tell me if they have sent anything asking for final decision or another deposit? wondering when waitlist movement will start happening? Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dirtyolmuskrat

New

Post by Dirtyolmuskrat » Fri May 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Notmyname1023 wrote:I have been waitlisted for a while and was wondering if anyone currently admitted could tell me if they have sent anything asking for final decision or another deposit? wondering when waitlist movement will start happening? Thanks
I withdrew with 26k a year not long ago.

Notmyname1023

New

Post by Notmyname1023 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Has Alabama required admitted students to turn in a a certificate of intent or something show students are for sure going there?

Acrobatic Fox

New

Post by Acrobatic Fox » Tue May 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Notmyname1023 wrote:Has Alabama required admitted students to turn in a a certificate of intent or something show students are for sure going there?
The deposit deadline was the beginning of April, and you were supposed to sign a scholarship acceptance form then. But, I don't know how hard they enforced that deadline.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”