University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

First TLS'er to blackout/puke at Finn's? (This does not condone binge-drinking).

jasonoh11
1
13%
mcmand
1
13%
PDX4343
1
13%
Khalid1994aziz
0
No votes
TakeitToTrial
0
No votes
Rozez
0
No votes
170orDie
1
13%
Nught
1
13%
Capt_Beatty
3
38%
other/(poll only allows 10 options)
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 8

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Stylnator » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:08 am

chandhi wrote:In Review as of yesterday! Who else applied for the Gates Scholarship?


In review (who knows when, I applied on 1/14)
Applied for Gates Scholarship as well. Called them after submitting and apparently they had a record number of apps for this year :/

User avatar
Capt_Beatty

Bronze
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Capt_Beatty » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:48 am

Stylnator wrote:
chandhi wrote:In Review as of yesterday! Who else applied for the Gates Scholarship?


In review (who knows when, I applied on 1/14)
Applied for Gates Scholarship as well. Called them after submitting and apparently they had a record number of apps for this year :/


Record number of Gates apps? or straight up applicants?

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Stylnator » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:26 pm

cianchetta0 wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
chandhi wrote:In Review as of yesterday! Who else applied for the Gates Scholarship?


In review (who knows when, I applied on 1/14)
Applied for Gates Scholarship as well. Called them after submitting and apparently they had a record number of apps for this year :/


Record number of Gates apps? or straight up applicants?


Gates apps

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby chandhi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Stylnator wrote:
cianchetta0 wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
chandhi wrote:In Review as of yesterday! Who else applied for the Gates Scholarship?


In review (who knows when, I applied on 1/14)
Applied for Gates Scholarship as well. Called them after submitting and apparently they had a record number of apps for this year :/


Record number of Gates apps? or straight up applicants?


Gates apps

Well that's interesting. Still hoping for the best for all of us. I'm sure I'll end up with a few good options, but I would really like to stay at UW, and that may not be an option without the Gates. :(

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Stylnator » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:08 pm

chandhi wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
cianchetta0 wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
chandhi wrote:In Review as of yesterday! Who else applied for the Gates Scholarship?


In review (who knows when, I applied on 1/14)
Applied for Gates Scholarship as well. Called them after submitting and apparently they had a record number of apps for this year :/


Record number of Gates apps? or straight up applicants?


Gates apps

Well that's interesting. Still hoping for the best for all of us. I'm sure I'll end up with a few good options, but I would really like to stay at UW, and that may not be an option without the Gates. :(


Wishing you the best! Hopefully we hear back before the march 24th date

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby amta » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:25 pm

can we get a poll for applicant regions? state specific on the pacific coast.

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby chandhi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:24 pm

Anyone feeling like today's the day?

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:37 pm

You'd hope/think so. LSN shows the last acceptance was 2.5 weeks ago. That should be plenty of time to finish up an admit wave.

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Stylnator » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:19 pm

I keep checking my inbox like crazy. I need to chill.

Anyone know if they hold your decision if you also apply to gates Scholar? I'm curious because I know those decisions don't get released till April.

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby chandhi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Stylnator wrote:I keep checking my inbox like crazy. I need to chill.

Anyone know if they hold your decision if you also apply to gates Scholar? I'm curious because I know those decisions don't get released till April.

I hope not. I would assume they try to get you a decision on admission as soon as possible if you applied for the Gates. That way the Gates committee knows their official applicant pool sooner than later. But who knows?

User avatar
Capt_Beatty

Bronze
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Capt_Beatty » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:27 pm


dmgnwk

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby dmgnwk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Last cycle decisions came out early in the afternoon... just hoping!

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:36 pm

Friday is drawing to a close and..... nothing. :|

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Stylnator » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:38 pm

I wasn't really expecting anything today. Hopefully by mid week next week.

User avatar
Capt_Beatty

Bronze
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Capt_Beatty » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:21 pm

status changed to "Decision" . Jesus, the anxiety.
Last edited by Capt_Beatty on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devblev

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Devblev » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Just got my decision. Waitlisted. Ugh. What are the chances of getting financial aid if admitted from the WL?

User avatar
Capt_Beatty

Bronze
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Capt_Beatty » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Devblev wrote:Just got my decision. Waitlisted. Ugh. What are the chances of getting financial aid if admitted from the WL?


Sorry to hear that :/ Maybe forlornhope could answer that question?

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:25 pm

cianchetta0 wrote:status changed to "Decision" . Jesus, the anxiety.


You are truly the status checker MVP, sir.

Just logged in and I'm seeing seat deposits. :D

User avatar
Capt_Beatty

Bronze
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Capt_Beatty » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
cianchetta0 wrote:status changed to "Decision" . Jesus, the anxiety.


You are truly the status checker MVP, sir.

Just logged in and I'm seeing seat deposits. :D


same, seeing scholarship application too, not that it means anything...?

User avatar
Capt_Beatty

Bronze
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Capt_Beatty » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:27 pm

In!! 2017 has been soooo much better than 2016.

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:27 pm

cianchetta0 wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
cianchetta0 wrote:status changed to "Decision" . Jesus, the anxiety.


You are truly the status checker MVP, sir.

Just logged in and I'm seeing seat deposits. :D


same, seeing scholarship application too, not that it means anything...?


I just got my acceptance e-mail, so I think you're in too.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby amta » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:29 pm

in via email

LikelyThrowaway

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:19 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby LikelyThrowaway » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:29 pm

In!

Bonus: they say once you submit your scholarship app they'll send you your financial aid offer the next week.

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:31 pm

LikelyThrowaway wrote:In!

Bonus: they say once you submit your scholarship app they'll send you your financial aid offer the next week.


Yeah, that seems like a big improvement over last year, along with their late seat deposit in May.

vho1791

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:55 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby vho1791 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:31 pm

I hate everything.


still UR.


UGH



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests