University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017:: Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

First TLS'er to blackout/puke at Finn's? (This does not condone binge-drinking).

jasonoh11
11%
mcmand
11%
PDX4343
11%
Khalid1994aziz
No votes
TakeitToTrial
11%
Rozez
No votes
170orDie
11%
Nught
11%
Capt_Beatty
33%
other/(poll only allows 10 options)
No votes

Total votes: 9

Nught

New

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Post by Nught » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:46 am

PDX4343 wrote:
Capt_Beatty wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:Has anyone submitted the proof of measles vaccination form yet? It looks like we just have to fill out the form on MedProctor. Does anyone know if we have to attach any supporting documentation?
It's kinda confusing. You need a licensed healthcare professional to sign off your "Immunization certificate" I think. If you have a record of "Pos. titer" like me, then I don't know what to do. There's not a spot for it on the Immunization Certificate, however there's an upload link for "MMR titer results" as well as a form which I cannot download under 'required and optional documents. This website is awful.
Yeah, I was pretty annoyed with it too. I ended up getting my physician to fill out the immunization certificate form and then uploaded it, but nothing really happened? It shows the form under uploaded documents, but it's still saying my account is incomplete. I was expecting some sort of confirmation but maybe that doesn't happen until later. I was also a little annoyed that they made me pay $10 to turn in this form too especially when I'll probably never use this website again.
You didn't have to pay the extra $10. That was an option if you wanted to upgrade your Medpro account to the extra special level. I almost got Okeydoked with that too, but ended up backing out before paying it, and figuring out how to advance without upgrading. It got you.

PDX4343

Silver

Post by PDX4343 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:58 pm

Nught wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
Capt_Beatty wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:Has anyone submitted the proof of measles vaccination form yet? It looks like we just have to fill out the form on MedProctor. Does anyone know if we have to attach any supporting documentation?
It's kinda confusing. You need a licensed healthcare professional to sign off your "Immunization certificate" I think. If you have a record of "Pos. titer" like me, then I don't know what to do. There's not a spot for it on the Immunization Certificate, however there's an upload link for "MMR titer results" as well as a form which I cannot download under 'required and optional documents. This website is awful.
Yeah, I was pretty annoyed with it too. I ended up getting my physician to fill out the immunization certificate form and then uploaded it, but nothing really happened? It shows the form under uploaded documents, but it's still saying my account is incomplete. I was expecting some sort of confirmation but maybe that doesn't happen until later. I was also a little annoyed that they made me pay $10 to turn in this form too especially when I'll probably never use this website again.
You didn't have to pay the extra $10. That was an option if you wanted to upgrade your Medpro account to the extra special level. I almost got Okeydoked with that too, but ended up backing out before paying it, and figuring out how to advance without upgrading. It got you.

Lol I got got, damn. Do you remember if when you turned in the immunization certificate form anything else happened on the page besides showing you that the form was uploaded?

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:03 pm

PDX4343 wrote:
Nught wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
Capt_Beatty wrote:

Lol I got got, damn. Do you remember if when you turned in the immunization certificate form anything else happened on the page besides showing you that the form was uploaded?
I received an email afterwards "Your required medical information has been verified! Please allow 2 - 3 business days for any class registration holds to be lifted. Thank you, your friends at MedProctor". This was about an hour after submitting my docs. Their support chat is helpful.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:07 pm

:shock: Looks like MedProctor just got the boot from Hall Health leadership...not surprised.

PDX4343

Silver

Post by PDX4343 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:28 pm

LOL I guess I was a day too soon with all of this. UW made a solid decision.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Last edited by mcmand on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nught

New

Post by Nught » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Does anyone know if UW is still making scholarship offers? Historically, how far into the summer do they make offers, or when do they stop making offers? I didn't receive a scholarship in the first round, but was told that maybe in the second or third round. Are they in the second round, or third round, do the rounds ever end?

PDX4343

Silver

Post by PDX4343 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Nught wrote:Does anyone know if UW is still making scholarship offers? Historically, how far into the summer do they make offers, or when do they stop making offers? I didn't receive a scholarship in the first round, but was told that maybe in the second or third round. Are they in the second round, or third round, do the rounds ever end?
I don't have any historical data, but I think at this point they're likely done with scholarship offers. The class is probably pretty much set and barring a last minute exit from a scholarship awardee, my guess would be that all available funds have been committed.

Nught

New

Post by Nught » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:17 pm

PDX4343 wrote:
Nught wrote:Does anyone know if UW is still making scholarship offers? Historically, how far into the summer do they make offers, or when do they stop making offers? I didn't receive a scholarship in the first round, but was told that maybe in the second or third round. Are they in the second round, or third round, do the rounds ever end?
I don't have any historical data, but I think at this point they're likely done with scholarship offers. The class is probably pretty much set and barring a last minute exit from a scholarship awardee, my guess would be that all available funds have been committed.
Well..... That isn't encouraging.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:56 pm

Last edited by mcmand on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nught

New

Post by Nught » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:16 pm

mcmand wrote:
Nught wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
I was admitted off the waitlist in May 2014 and received $0 scholarship until summer before 2L year. It's a pretty limited pool of funds. You should keep asking and inquiring, but don't expect much.

Also, aren't you a veteran? Are you not getting the 50% tuition waiver?
I believe so. But I am not sure. They haven't said anything to me about it. Is it common to receive additional scholarships after starting law school based on class position and academic performance?

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:21 pm

Last edited by mcmand on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Nught wrote:
mcmand wrote:
Nught wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
I was admitted off the waitlist in May 2014 and received $0 scholarship until summer before 2L year. It's a pretty limited pool of funds. You should keep asking and inquiring, but don't expect much.

Also, aren't you a veteran? Are you not getting the 50% tuition waiver?
I believe so. But I am not sure. They haven't said anything to me about it. Is it common to receive additional scholarships after starting law school based on class position and academic performance?
Nught, fill out the forms here https://osfa.washington.edu/wp/veterans/forms/ after you register. I'm pretty sure it applies with or without Washington residency, as long as you're a WA domiciliary.

"The term "domicile" shall denote a person's true, fixed and permanent
home and place of habitation. It is the place where the student intends to
remain, and to which the student expects to return when the student
leaves without intending to establish a new domicile elsewhere. (RCW
28B.15.012)"

I'm quoting from their veteran domicile form.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PDX4343

Silver

Post by PDX4343 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Did everybody sign up for their classes today? I know schedules aren't definite, but I would be really happy if mine stays the same. No school on Friday and done with classes by 3:30 every day.

TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Post by TakeItToTrial » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:40 pm

I still have to send in my measles immunization stuff. But damn, your schedule sounds pretty sweet. Hopefully we all have the same one.

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:47 pm

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Post by TakeItToTrial » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:44 am

mcmand wrote:None of you will have classes on Friday. https://www.law.washington.edu/courseca ... &q=4&vw=1L

But @takeittotrial, the classes you're registering for now are just placeholders. They like to do a "big reveal" once you're at orientation, but they need you registered now for administrative purposes. So they'll change out all of your classes manually on the backend while you're busy during orientation.
Registration opened today, and I'm rushing to get this measles form in. Is there any benefit to registering early?

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:38 am

PDX4343

Silver

Post by PDX4343 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:15 am

mcmand wrote:
TakeItToTrial wrote:
mcmand wrote:None of you will have classes on Friday. https://www.law.washington.edu/courseca ... &q=4&vw=1L

But @takeittotrial, the classes you're registering for now are just placeholders. They like to do a "big reveal" once you're at orientation, but they need you registered now for administrative purposes. So they'll change out all of your classes manually on the backend while you're busy during orientation.
Registration opened today, and I'm rushing to get this measles form in. Is there any benefit to registering early?
Nope, just a placeholder. Just do it by August or so.
The email we got said by July 1st. Although I don't know how hard that deadline really is...

Redfactor

Bronze

Post by Redfactor » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:35 am

mcmand wrote:Also, I hope you guys get Prof. Allen for civil procedure. I had him my 1L year, and he didn't teach civpro the past couple years, which is a shame, because the man is incredibly effective. He runs a very rigorous class and will keep you on your toes, but you will learn civil procedure better than most of your classmates who have other professors (with the exception of Porter, who usually just teaches civpro II).

I always found it ridiculous when he would tell us "you don't need to memorize the rules, just look at your rule book" and then 5 minutes later correct someone's misstatement of a rule with the exact words of the rule from memory. Dude is way too smart.
+1 on Prof Allen.
He is scary smart and meticulous. Plus, he always has oddly pleasant breath no matter the time of day haha.

However, put in the effort for his class -- he is not afraid to give a discretionary low grade. Take a few of the old exams so you are familiar with his style of a law school exam and stay on track for timing -- you'll do fine.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:28 pm

Last edited by mcmand on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Post by TakeItToTrial » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:31 pm

mcmand wrote:
TakeItToTrial wrote:

Nope, just a placeholder. Just do it by August or so.
Okay, thanks.

Khalid1994aziz

New

Post by Khalid1994aziz » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Hey everyone, if anyone is looking for housemates to keep costs reasonable, @youvebeenlawyered and I are looking for other law students to live with. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Capt_Beatty

Bronze

Post by Capt_Beatty » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:42 am

Khalid1994aziz wrote:Hey everyone, if anyone is looking for housemates to keep costs reasonable, @youvebeenlawyered and I are looking for other law students to live with. Let me know if anyone's interested.
Would you consider a houseboat?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”