Tulane c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why are you interested in Tulane?

I'm from New Orleans
5%
I'm tryna laissez les bons temps rouler
21%
I'm all about that sports law program
15%
My mom/dad/relative/dog went there
3%
I'm all about that maritime law
10%
It's the best law school geographically close to me
10%
I want to work in New Orleans/Louisiana
21%
I want to work elsewhere
15%

Total votes: 39

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Re: Tulane c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Admitted today with 30K a year

Army_of_blood

New

Post by Army_of_blood » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Yeah, I applied in January and haven't heard anything. Got into decent peer schools with scholly money so I'm about to withdraw my application.

Can anyone tell me how much is the seat deposit?

templehayden

New

Post by templehayden » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Applied over 9 weeks ago and still have not heard back - when is it appropriate to contact the admissions office? Deadlines are coming up soon. Or is contacting them totally out of the question?

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:43 am

Just withdrew a large scholarship offer, hopefully this opens up space and money for someone else.

ryan.laine94

New

Post by ryan.laine94 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:51 am

I also just withdrew with a large scholly. Hopefully one of you gets an offer, good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:26 pm

ryan.laine94 wrote:I also just withdrew with a large scholly. Hopefully one of you gets an offer, good luck!
*finger cross*

Lawser24

New

Post by Lawser24 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Does anyone know Tulane's policy on students that put down seat deposit at another school as well? Do they allow it? Or do they rescind scholarship/offer?

sanger

New

Post by sanger » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:14 am

Just withdrew with scholly. Good luck!

Harlow

New

Post by Harlow » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:21 am

Has anyone that applied after the February LSAT heard from Tulane? I've been accepted at LSU, Loyola, Case Western, George Mason, and Maine, some of which I applied MUCH later but it's been radio silence since March 6, 2017. I got an email about rescheduling a campus visit but that's it.

Anyone else hear? I know they were just on spring break and will be on easter break starting tomorrow.

Kind of going crazy!!! Trying to hold off on paying seat deposits and would REALLY like to hear from them...Loyola keeps upping their offer!

Anyone? Anyone?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Harlow

New

Post by Harlow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:19 pm

templehayden wrote:Applied over 9 weeks ago and still have not heard back - when is it appropriate to contact the admissions office? Deadlines are coming up soon. Or is contacting them totally out of the question?
Any word? Nobody I know that applied with the Feb 2 LSAT has heard anything. Plus they had Mardi Gras, Spring Break, then Easter break. I'm wondering if that is slowing down the process?

Got offers from Loyola, LSU, and out of state schools--just waiting for this one!

Good luck.

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Harlow wrote:
templehayden wrote:Applied over 9 weeks ago and still have not heard back - when is it appropriate to contact the admissions office? Deadlines are coming up soon. Or is contacting them totally out of the question?
Any word? Nobody I know that applied with the Feb 2 LSAT has heard anything. Plus they had Mardi Gras, Spring Break, then Easter break. I'm wondering if that is slowing down the process?

Got offers from Loyola, LSU, and out of state schools--just waiting for this one!

Good luck.
I'm still on WL - hoping to get a decision back in the next two weeks.

kenziebird

New

Post by kenziebird » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:48 pm

I got in 2 weeks after applying in mid-March with a 50% scholarship and my February 2017 LSAT score so there are definitely people that have been admitted with the Feb 4th LSAT.

jgoodwin10

New

Post by jgoodwin10 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:40 pm

I visited the campus 2 weeks ago and met with the Director of Admissions before a tour. She mentioned they would be looking at the waitlist either last week or this week. If you haven't heard back for a regular decision I would call them and inquire. If you're on the waitlist like me, good luck! It's my number 1 choice so here's hoping! Have any wait-listers heard anything yet?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Harlow

New

Post by Harlow » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:34 pm

jgoodwin10 wrote:I visited the campus 2 weeks ago and met with the Director of Admissions before a tour. She mentioned they would be looking at the waitlist either last week or this week. If you haven't heard back for a regular decision I would call them and inquire. If you're on the waitlist like me, good luck! It's my number 1 choice so here's hoping! Have any wait-listers heard anything yet?

I wasn't waitlisted and haven't heard. I emailed today that I was withdrawing my application and received and email that I would have an offer by Friday. My status checker has not changed since they received my info from LSAC. Honestly, I'm not too thrilled with how they've handled questions and inquiries about the dual degree programs. Both LSU and Loyola have been super quick to offer assistance as have some other out of state schools. It's making me question if I want to invest this $$$ and time with Tulane if I have this to look forward to dealing with admin. Regardless, I'm making my decision and paying deposit Friday. Limbo is killing me!

Good luck to you! I hope you get your response soon!

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:53 pm

jgoodwin10 wrote:I visited the campus 2 weeks ago and met with the Director of Admissions before a tour. She mentioned they would be looking at the waitlist either last week or this week. If you haven't heard back for a regular decision I would call them and inquire. If you're on the waitlist like me, good luck! It's my number 1 choice so here's hoping! Have any wait-listers heard anything yet?
I went complete early December, I was wait-listed early Feb, and I have heard nothing since. They have not acknowledged receipt of my LOCI.

templehayden

New

Post by templehayden » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:11 pm

I was offered a spot off the waitlist with 30k a year, I received the offer last Wednesday. Anyone visit? How did they like the facilities? I hear the Professors are top notch.

Harlow

New

Post by Harlow » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:48 pm

Harlow wrote:

I wasn't waitlisted and haven't heard. I emailed today that I was withdrawing my application and received and email that I would have an offer by Friday. My status checker has not changed since they received my info from LSAC. Honestly, I'm not too thrilled with how they've handled questions and inquiries about the dual degree programs. Both LSU and Loyola have been super quick to offer assistance as have some other out of state schools. It's making me question if I want to invest this $$$ and time with Tulane if I have this to look forward to dealing with admin. Regardless, I'm making my decision and paying deposit Friday. Limbo is killing me!

I withdrew my application. Still have to decide between several others. Spoke with an attorney who graduated from Tulane and they made great points about why I might do better elsewhere.

Hope everyone gets their responses soon!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

templehayden

New

Post by templehayden » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Harlow wrote:
Harlow wrote:

I withdrew my application. Still have to decide between several others. Spoke with an attorney who graduated from Tulane and they made great points about why I might do better elsewhere.

Care to share any of these points to someone considering?

kt188

New

Post by kt188 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:16 pm

Anyone accepted off the waitlist yet? Besides the person up there ^^^

Lawser24

New

Post by Lawser24 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:44 pm

templehayden wrote:
Harlow wrote:
Harlow wrote:

+1 I spoke to 2 alumni who basically said the opposite. Curious as to what the attorney you spoke with said!

templematt11

New

Post by templematt11 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:57 pm

Lawser24 wrote:
templehayden wrote:
Harlow wrote:
Harlow wrote:

+1 I spoke to 2 alumni who basically said the opposite. Curious as to what the attorney you spoke with said!
Mind sharing them? I want to go but I am from NY so don't know much about the reputation.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kt188

New

Post by kt188 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:30 pm

Don't go to Tulane I've been told you don't get a job and are incredibly unhappy if you aren't from Louisiana.

Lawser24

New

Post by Lawser24 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:04 am

kt188 wrote:Don't go to Tulane I've been told you don't get a job and are incredibly unhappy if you aren't from Louisiana.
Who told you this? And also, if this is how you feel, why are you asking if anyone has gotten in off of the WL? Lol

Harlow

New

Post by Harlow » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:21 pm

I have two friends that went to LSU, one to Loyola, and two, Tulane. The LSU attorneys swear it is the best (I'm not a 'bleed purple and gold" kind of person which is uncommon if you are born in Louisiana.) From what I've been told, you can do well coming from any of these schools but MAY have an edge on name recognition from Tulane IF you're going out of state to work, but if you're planning to stay in LA then it doesn't make too much of a difference. They ALL emphasized class rank. They also pointed out that if you want to practice out of state, Loyola offers both common and civil law in more complete terms than either LSU or Tulane. They mentioned that if you are going into politics, many of the current officials are Loyola grads (including the Attorney General.)

For me it was an overall feeling combined with the programs offered and what I hope to specialize in. If I wanted to go into maritime law I would go to Tulane. I'm going into criminal defense and Loyola has a great clinic. They've offered the most scholarships, have the program and dual degree program I want and have gone above and beyond to make sure they stayed in my top choices.

One other major difference in these three schools was how the students interacted with each other. From seeing it myself to hearing about it, both LSU and Tulane are the most cut throat amongst classmates but Loyola seems to be more like a unified class. Of course there is competition but they seem to keep it balanced. I've heard horror stories from LSU about people going as far as fake study groups and fake exams (could be urban legends, of course...)

I'm sure you can do great coming out of any of these schools--some are just better fits than others.

templematt11 wrote:
Lawser24 wrote:
templehayden wrote:
Harlow wrote:
Harlow wrote:

Mind sharing them? I want to go but I am from NY so don't know much about the reputation.

oh77io

New

Post by oh77io » Sun May 07, 2017 9:37 am

I took the February LSAT and applied on March 1st with an application complete date of March 3rd on Tulane's status page. I received an email on Friday (May 5th) that I was accepted with a scholarship. So they will contact you eventually...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”