W&M C/O of 2020 applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
taxman14

Silver

Re: W&M C/O of 2020 applicants (2016-2017)

Post by taxman14 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:35 am

cyclawps wrote:Welp, figured it out. W&M didn't give full tuition (or more) scholarships last year. See their 509: http://law.wm.edu/admissions/consumer-i ... badata.pdf
Haha wow good detective work, but we can always start a new precedent. No?

a.sch

New

Post by a.sch » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:47 am

My application is complete, but "current status" and "current status date" are completely blank. Does this just mean that it isn't under review yet? The application has been complete since Monday.

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:59 am

Also is it possible that the 0 number is due to all of the students who received a full ride going somewhere else? Or does it mean that no one received one at all...

cyclawps

Bronze

Post by cyclawps » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:52 am

taxman14 wrote:Also is it possible that the 0 number is due to all of the students who received a full ride going somewhere else? Or does it mean that no one received one at all...
I'm not sure. As far as I know, it's the people who matriculated. You'd think at least one person would matriculate with a full scholarship or more (see ASU's 509 for the 18 at tuition and 18 above tuition). This link might shed light: http://law.wm.edu/admissions/financialaid/. "Scholarships cannot exceed the total cost of attendance. If you receive military funding or external scholarships in excess of the yearly total cost of attendance as published in admission publications, your scholarship will be reduced accordingly." Sounds like they set an upper bound.

However, I'd like us to set a new precedent if this is true! Are you on lawschoolnumbers, btw? I'd like to follow your application progress.

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:03 pm

cyclawps wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Also is it possible that the 0 number is due to all of the students who received a full ride going somewhere else? Or does it mean that no one received one at all...
I'm not sure. As far as I know, it's the people who matriculated. You'd think at least one person would matriculate with a full scholarship or more (see ASU's 509 for the 18 at tuition and 18 above tuition). This link might shed light: http://law.wm.edu/admissions/financialaid/. "Scholarships cannot exceed the total cost of attendance. If you receive military funding or external scholarships in excess of the yearly total cost of attendance as published in admission publications, your scholarship will be reduced accordingly." Sounds like they set an upper bound.

However, I'd like us to set a new precedent if this is true! Are you on lawschoolnumbers, btw? I'd like to follow your application progress.
Sure thing, nope, I'm not on it, but can make an account haha. Do people on here usually post that they're on it? Sorry not too familiar, I used to just look around the forums but never really posted.

And you're right, I was assuming that someone probably would've been baited by the money so you're probably right. Also didn't know that you could look at these types of stats.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cyclawps

Bronze

Post by cyclawps » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:16 pm

taxman14 wrote:
cyclawps wrote:

Sure thing, nope, I'm not on it, but can make an account haha. Do people on here usually post that they're on it? Sorry not too familiar, I used to just look around the forums but never really posted.

And you're right, I was assuming that someone probably would've been baited by the money so you're probably right. Also didn't know that you could look at these types of stats.
As far as I know, people don't just blast it. Since people on here are generally hyper-engaged, it was worth it to ask. My account is the same name as this one.

The stats are pretty cool. Each school has to disclose information about their classes and about their employment. Definitely check some school ABA disclosures if you haven't already.

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:19 pm

cyclawps wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
cyclawps wrote:

As far as I know, people don't just blast it. Since people on here are generally hyper-engaged, it was worth it to ask. My account is the same name as this one.

The stats are pretty cool. Each school has to disclose information about their classes and about their employment. Definitely check some school ABA disclosures if you haven't already.
Will do - you're the best! I'll check that out. Also made an account but awkward....W&M isn't one of the schools that you can add ?

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:20 pm

taxman14 wrote:
cyclawps wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
cyclawps wrote:

Will do - you're the best! I'll check that out. Also made an account but awkward....W&M isn't one of the schools that you can add ?
nvm I'm a moron - it's "College of W&M" haha

schoolisfun

New

Post by schoolisfun » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:25 pm

a.sch wrote:My application is complete, but "current status" and "current status date" are completely blank. Does this just mean that it isn't under review yet? The application has been complete since Monday.
I would also like to know about this. My application has been complete for about a week now but just blanks on the status dates and decisions dates.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Post by Bob loblaw law blog » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:34 pm

schoolisfun wrote:
a.sch wrote:My application is complete, but "current status" and "current status date" are completely blank. Does this just mean that it isn't under review yet? The application has been complete since Monday.
I would also like to know about this. My application has been complete for about a week now but just blanks on the status dates and decisions dates.
Mine was blank until I got in, I'm not sure what's going on with thier status checker

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Sorry no clue about this guys - I never checked the status of mine.

a.sch

New

Post by a.sch » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:38 pm

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
schoolisfun wrote:
Mine was blank until I got in, I'm not sure what's going on with thier status checker
Ah ok, thanks guys! Do you mind sharing your stats if you got in?

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Post by joeytribbiani » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Checking in, just submitted my app!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Post by Bob loblaw law blog » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:56 pm

a.sch wrote:
Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
schoolisfun wrote:
Ah ok, thanks guys! Do you mind sharing your stats if you got in?
I try to stay at least a little anon on here, so I'm happy to share stats but would prefer to do so by pm. Feel free to message me.

Long shot hero

Bronze

Post by Long shot hero » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:09 am

joeytribbiani wrote:Checking in, just submitted my app!
Just wanted to say, "how you doin?"
Also was legit wondering how long, for those accepted, it took to get the snail mail stuff. I got in on the 5th I think, and still haven't gotten snail mail. That being said I do not live close to VA.

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:18 am

Long shot hero wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:Checking in, just submitted my app!
Just wanted to say, "how you doin?"
Also was legit wondering how long, for those accepted, it took to get the snail mail stuff. I got in on the 5th I think, and still haven't gotten snail mail. That being said I do not live close to VA.
Took about two to three business days from what I recall. Sounds like you'll likely get it today or tomorrow.

Long shot hero

Bronze

Post by Long shot hero » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Got my package. It has been at the front office of my apt complex for a while. 22k/yr so not terrible.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

calgoldenbear

Bronze

Post by calgoldenbear » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:40 pm

I'm going to be visiting the school soon and thinking about signing up for an informational meeting. The website indicates that you can email the admissions office for a stand-alone meeting. Has anyone done either of these? I imagine the general info meeting is with other prospective students if they are making it a point to differentiate here?

caitlinrw

Bronze

Post by caitlinrw » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:48 am

Accepted via email, waiting for scholarship info in the mail.

Lmorina126

New

Post by Lmorina126 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:37 am

caitlinrw wrote:Accepted via email, waiting for scholarship info in the mail.
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Redsfan320

New

Post by Redsfan320 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:01 am

In! First acceptance/decision! Just completed 2 weeks ago; <25 GPA, >75 LSAT, very excited.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

caitlinrw

Bronze

Post by caitlinrw » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:13 am

Lmorina126 wrote:
Thanks! I was one below the median LSAT, and very close to the 75th GPA, URM. Excited to hear about scholarship info :)

Lmorina126

New

Post by Lmorina126 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:24 am

caitlinrw wrote:
Lmorina126 wrote:
Thanks! I was one below the median LSAT, and very close to the 75th GPA, URM. Excited to hear about scholarship info :)
Thank you for sharing, I wish you the best of luck with your scholarship offer!

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Post by joeytribbiani » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:31 am

Just got accepted via email this morning! Between 25th and median gpa, >75th LSAT

amberb94

Bronze

Post by amberb94 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:36 am

joeytribbiani wrote:Just got accepted via email this morning! Between 25th and median gpa, >75th LSAT
Congrats!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”