Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bartlettadmin
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bartlettadmin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:22 pm

The LA group interview was so much fun! If anyone was in the first group, hiiii!

User avatar
cometpizzaman
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:56 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cometpizzaman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:35 pm

bartlettadmin wrote:The LA group interview was so much fun! If anyone was in the first group, hiiii!

hiiiiii!

jprath2
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jprath2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 am

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:Anyone else going to the open house later this month?


I am. It will be my first time in DC so my SO and I will stay for the weekend and explore a bit.

freekick
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:11 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby freekick » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:48 am

Checking in. International/>75 LSAT/Superior. Feeling late.

User avatar
tuesdayninja
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Anyone know what the technology law scholars program is all about? I can't find anything about it.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1383
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:51 pm

CPA-->JD wrote:
[+] Spoiler
RParadela wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
RParadela wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:Just denied. Not even waitlisted. Applied in November with a 166/3.9 and just got a 173 on the December lsat. Had an ok alumni interview in December. Anyone have any insight?


Hmmm.....

Bad News: Could be something about your application...because those are definitely the numbers to get into GULC, let alone waitlist.

Good News: Forget GULC, with that 173 you'll open 13 more doors :D


Even if you have something in your application, a 173 and 3.9 should override any concern short of being a convicted felon


Meh, I don't think that's necessarily true.


In the last 6 years, no one with a 3.9 and a 173 has been straight up rejected at Georgetown according to LSN (sample size of 45 applicants).

I'd certainly email and at least inquire about things

Lucky me. I emailed them but not expecting a response. I really hope there isn't anything horribly wrong with my application...

Has anyone been denied yet this year or was this the first wave?


Hey, how did everything turn out? Did you ultimately get a reply?
I would request that they re-consider your file in light of the LSAT - that is, of course, if you're seriously interested in GULC. Otherwise, I'd agree with the earlier post that the new score opens doors in the other 13 schools not solely for admission but for good scholly money.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5275
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:00 pm

submitted last night, complete this am.

well see how it goes, i guess this is a technically a reach for me.

JordanLaw15
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JordanLaw15 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:22 pm

I was accepted in the first wave of admits in October but haven't received any scholarship info. Does that mean I likely won't get anything? I've been given pretty good sized scholarships from a few other schools. One is in G'town's range and the others ranked a little higher... Should I Email them stressing how important future indebtedness is and bring up the other scholarships? I'm also waiting to hear back from 5 other top14 schools and am considering waiting to hear from them before I Email G'town admissions. Please let me know what you guys think.

tinafeyclone
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tinafeyclone » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:34 pm

JordanLaw15 wrote:I was accepted in the first wave of admits in October but haven't received any scholarship info. Does that mean I likely won't get anything? I've been given pretty good sized scholarships from a few other schools. One is in G'town's range and the others ranked a little higher... Should I Email them stressing how important future indebtedness is and bring up the other scholarships? I'm also waiting to hear back from 5 other top14 schools and am considering waiting to hear from them before I Email G'town admissions. Please let me know what you guys think.


They send out emails in Feb so I wouldn't email now

redbulls2595
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby redbulls2595 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Hey guys! I am having my Alumni Interview tomorrow at a law firm in Newark, NJ with a Georgetown alumni. Wanted to know if anyone did this interview before to kind of explain how the interview went?

I know the interviewer will ask me "Why Georgetown" and "Why do I want to become a lawyer", but is there anything else that they might ask me?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

CPA-->JD
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 12:30 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby CPA-->JD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:53 pm

mm2368 wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:
[+] Spoiler
RParadela wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
RParadela wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:Just denied. Not even waitlisted. Applied in November with a 166/3.9 and just got a 173 on the December lsat. Had an ok alumni interview in December. Anyone have any insight?


Hmmm.....

Bad News: Could be something about your application...because those are definitely the numbers to get into GULC, let alone waitlist.

Good News: Forget GULC, with that 173 you'll open 13 more doors :D


Even if you have something in your application, a 173 and 3.9 should override any concern short of being a convicted felon


Meh, I don't think that's necessarily true.


In the last 6 years, no one with a 3.9 and a 173 has been straight up rejected at Georgetown according to LSN (sample size of 45 applicants).

I'd certainly email and at least inquire about things

Lucky me. I emailed them but not expecting a response. I really hope there isn't anything horribly wrong with my application...

Has anyone been denied yet this year or was this the first wave?


Hey, how did everything turn out? Did you ultimately get a reply?
I would request that they re-consider your file in light of the LSAT - that is, of course, if you're seriously interested in GULC. Otherwise, I'd agree with the earlier post that the new score opens doors in the other 13 schools not solely for admission but for good scholly money.

I am actually really interested in their night program so I would love to get in. I emailed them asking if they took my score into consideration and they responded they would check and I haven't heard back yet.

It's just weird if they didn't see it before they sent out the decision so not really expecting a different answer.

User avatar
hellohalo
Posts: 493
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hellohalo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:55 pm

redbulls2595 wrote:Hey guys! I am having my Alumni Interview tomorrow at a law firm in Newark, NJ with a Georgetown alumni. Wanted to know if anyone did this interview before to kind of explain how the interview went?

I know the interviewer will ask me "Why Georgetown" and "Why do I want to become a lawyer", but is there anything else that they might ask me?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!


your contribution to the community
what student activities you interested in
your personal and legal interests
how your past experience prepared you for law school
challenge in lawschool

s/he is alum. so ask questions that can be better answered by a student. ask about his/her experience. I mean if you ask something only the adcom can answer, that's not a good one.

Kaylasvi
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:42 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Kaylasvi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:13 pm

cometpizzaman wrote:
bartlettadmin wrote:The LA group interview was so much fun! If anyone was in the first group, hiiii!

hiiiiii!


me too! I really enjoyed the set up of that interview

User avatar
Motionsinlemons
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Motionsinlemons » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:05 pm

Did everyone get a message from the Dean after the group interview?

Legalstudent111
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:35 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Legalstudent111 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:21 pm

.
Last edited by Legalstudent111 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legalstudent111
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:35 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Legalstudent111 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:21 pm

Motionsinlemons wrote:Did everyone get a message from the Dean after the group interview?

.
Last edited by Legalstudent111 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Motionsinlemons
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Motionsinlemons » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Legalstudent111 wrote:
Motionsinlemons wrote:Did everyone get a message from the Dean after the group interview?


i did. i assume everyone did



Did you go to the LA one at 4pm?

User avatar
Instrumental
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Instrumental » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Getting some low key anxiety just reading about interviews. Always been terrible at them. And a group interview? Jesus, that's just an opportunity to embarrass myself in front of a bunch of people instead of just one. x_x

User avatar
Motionsinlemons
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Motionsinlemons » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:47 pm

Instrumental wrote:Getting some low key anxiety just reading about interviews. Always been terrible at them. And a group interview? Jesus, that's just an opportunity to embarrass myself in front of a bunch of people instead of just one. x_x


Dont worry! It is actually pretty fun. It is very low pressure.

Legalstudent111
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:35 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Legalstudent111 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:25 am

Motionsinlemons wrote:
Legalstudent111 wrote:
Motionsinlemons wrote:Did everyone get a message from the Dean after the group interview?


i did. i assume everyone did



Did you go to the LA one at 4pm?
Last edited by Legalstudent111 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bartlettadmin
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bartlettadmin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:58 am

Motionsinlemons wrote:Did everyone get a message from the Dean after the group interview?


Yeah, I did

User avatar
bartlettadmin
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bartlettadmin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:00 am

Motionsinlemons wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Getting some low key anxiety just reading about interviews. Always been terrible at them. And a group interview? Jesus, that's just an opportunity to embarrass myself in front of a bunch of people instead of just one. x_x


Dont worry! It is actually pretty fun. It is very low pressure.


Yeah it's honestly really enjoyable. There's not much opportunity to embarrass yourself as long as you play along and try to relax. It's hands down the most enjoyable interview I've done

latinxlawschool2020
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby latinxlawschool2020 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:40 am

.
Last edited by latinxlawschool2020 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jessmeesh
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jessmeesh » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:15 am

Today is day seven after getting the alumni interview request email (and immediately confirming that I want to interview) and I still haven't been contacted by my interviewer. I know the next step is calling admissions to check on this, but I'm wondering if I should wait a few more days or just do it. Anyone else have to wait awhile before hearing from an interviewer?

poliksa
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby poliksa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:27 pm

anyone know if georgetown offers reimbursements for travel to open houses?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amjam, Bing [Bot], chichi1992, Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash, espnjman, GarnerB, Google Adsense [Bot], gwillygecko, Instrumental, jstans, Lawschool0L, mjw36, NotAGolfer, proteinshake, seeprybyrun, sittykitty, spryor918, SybillAnnDorsett, tncats and 42 guests