Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bitter_melon

Bronze

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by bitter_melon » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:48 am

WAITLIST

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:17 am

pizzagoblin wrote:
tinafeyclone wrote:Has anyone else who tried negotiating heard back yet?
VERY pleased with my renegotiated scholarship. PM for details.
yo, numbers twin, hit me up

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:45 am

I got WL via email. I think mine says it is a "preferred waitlist." But I assume that everyone not on the "very preferred" group is out, right? My Stats are 3.5/172, and I really don't know what went so wrong other than submitting in Feb.

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:10 am

melmelcoolj wrote:I got WL via email. I think mine says it is a "preferred waitlist." But I assume that everyone not on the "very preferred" group is out, right? My Stats are 3.5/172, and I really don't know what went so wrong other than submitting in Feb.
Same stats, and I got preferred WL'd after submitting in November :/ no idea what GULC is doing

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:58 am

I have a feeling they'll make a LOT of waitlist offers this year. Don't lose hope, even if you're not in special preferred or preferred.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:45 am

dclaw93 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:I got WL via email. I think mine says it is a "preferred waitlist." But I assume that everyone not on the "very preferred" group is out, right? My Stats are 3.5/172, and I really don't know what went so wrong other than submitting in Feb.
Same stats, and I got preferred WL'd after submitting in November :/ no idea what GULC is doing
You definitely submitted early enough! Do you think there is something wrong about your application? I wrote one optional essay that is not Why Georgetown, and I am thinking maybe my app is horrible. But based on numbers, they just decided to waitlist just in case they need that LSAT later in the season. Are you going to send in more essays or LOCI? My letter does not say that I should, so I will call or email to ask.

intlbr

Bronze

Post by intlbr » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:40 am

Sorry to hear about the wl .. Those are really high numbers! Mind sharing your dates? When did you go complete and when did they send the waitlist email? Thanks

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 am

intlbr wrote:
Sorry to hear about the wl .. Those are really high numbers! Mind sharing your dates? When did you go complete and when did they send the waitlist email? Thanks
I went complete on Feb 24, and they sent the email exactly one month later on March 24. There has been no status changes ever since I submitted, and I did not receive an interview request. But it could be that I am international, and they have already accepted more than a few.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Post by seeprybyrun » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:48 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
intlbr wrote:
I went complete on Feb 24, and they sent the email exactly one month later on March 24. There has been no status changes ever since I submitted, and I did not receive an interview request. But it could be that I am international, and they have already accepted more than a few.
Georgetown doesn't update their status checker after going complete. Probably doesn't have to do with being international, since I am but they had me do a Skype interview with an alumna.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:51 pm

seeprybyrun wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
intlbr wrote:
Georgetown doesn't update their status checker after going complete. Probably doesn't have to do with being international, since I am but they had me do a Skype interview with an alumna.
Thanks, then I probably did not get an interview request for other reasons. I am having a hard time thinking what the reasons are. It could be that I submitted so late, that they do not have enough spots for me left. Or they already have a few people with credentials and backgrounds similar to mine. But maybe my application just sucks...

BabyDoc2JD

New

Post by BabyDoc2JD » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:50 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
intlbr wrote:
Thanks, then I probably did not get an interview request for other reasons. I am having a hard time thinking what the reasons are. It could be that I submitted so late, that they do not have enough spots for me left. Or they already have a few people with credentials and backgrounds similar to mine. But maybe my application just sucks...
I got admitted without an interview with similar numbers in December. So far I have gotten no dollars for scholarship so I will not be attending, so you will likely have a spot if you are willing to pay sticker

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:23 pm

chargers21 wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:
tinafeyclone wrote:Has anyone else who tried negotiating heard back yet?
VERY pleased with my renegotiated scholarship. PM for details.
yo, numbers twin, hit me up
I'd love to learn more about this as well

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:17 am

People that negotiated, how long did it take to hear back?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tinafeyclone

New

Post by tinafeyclone » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:07 am

jjcorvino wrote:People that negotiated, how long did it take to hear back?
2 weeks

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:23 am

Just withdrew from the regular waitlist. Not sure that will actually help anyone, but it was cathartic for me. lol

godinacup

New

Post by godinacup » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:01 pm

jessmeesh wrote:Just withdrew from the regular waitlist. Not sure that will actually help anyone, but it was cathartic for me. lol
As someone who is on the regular waitlist with GULC as their #1 choice, I just want to say thank you. I hope the good karma is paid forward to you.

xandra_v

Bronze

Post by xandra_v » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:46 am

So I emailed Financial Aid, who said that financial aid should take about two weeks to process from the time you submit the last of the Yellow Form/CSS/FAFSA trifecta. I had submitted all of those nearly a month ago and they seemed surprised I hadn't gotten a decision yet, but then said I should hear by end of week. So if you've been waiting longer than two weeks, may be worth following up via email.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lmorina126

New

Post by Lmorina126 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:55 am

godinacup wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:Just withdrew from the regular waitlist. Not sure that will actually help anyone, but it was cathartic for me. lol
As someone who is on the regular waitlist with GULC as their #1 choice, I just want to say thank you. I hope the good karma is paid forward to you.
+1

LawTweet

Bronze

Post by LawTweet » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 am

So I never got a feeler email and never heard anything about money. Should I assume I got nothing? I got money at some higher-ranked schools so I'm not sure what this means.

xandra_v

Bronze

Post by xandra_v » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:02 am

LawTweet wrote:So I never got a feeler email and never heard anything about money. Should I assume I got nothing? I got money at some higher-ranked schools so I'm not sure what this means.
Did you submit all the forms?

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:04 am

xandra_v wrote:
LawTweet wrote:So I never got a feeler email and never heard anything about money. Should I assume I got nothing? I got money at some higher-ranked schools so I'm not sure what this means.
I had to send my own feeler to them to get any sort of response, but I am not applying for need based so that may be why.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LawTweet

Bronze

Post by LawTweet » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:07 am

xandra_v wrote:
LOL I have no recollection of any forms. What are these are where would I have found them?

xandra_v

Bronze

Post by xandra_v » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:09 am

LawTweet wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
LOL I have no recollection of any forms. What are these are where would I have found them?
Well there's FAFSA/CSS, but also the Yellow Form. You should be able to google it to get to the financial aid page, but then it will prompt you to login

LawTweet

Bronze

Post by LawTweet » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:14 am

xandra_v wrote:
LawTweet wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
Well there's FAFSA/CSS, but also the Yellow Form. You should be able to google it to get to the financial aid page, but then it will prompt you to login
Are you required to submit this to be considered for merit money?

xandra_v

Bronze

Post by xandra_v » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:15 am

LawTweet wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
LawTweet wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
Are you required to submit this to be considered for merit money?
From what I understand, yes.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”