Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pantsuitchic

New

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by pantsuitchic » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:FYI your status checker probably doesn't update until you receive your admissions package b/c your interviewer also sees when you're admitted and they don't want us ruining the surprise.
I love your avatar or whatever the hell it's supposed to be called. Hillary 4eva. <3 <3

katthegreat11

Bronze

Post by katthegreat11 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:21 pm

lcsslily wrote:
katthegreat11 wrote:
lcsslily wrote:Question about the interviews...

I originally was going to do a local alumni interview, but have come to find out the closest alums are over 2 hours away from me. So, I don't really want to travel that far for the interview, but am a bit nervous about a skype interview. Would canceling my interview hurt me/would it look bad to go back now? Thanks!
I signed up for the in person, but because of schedule conflicts, it looked like there wouldn't be a time I could meet my interviewer despite living in the same city. So I proposed a phone call as an alternative and they were fine with that!
How long did it take to get the interviewer's information. Mine just says interview requested and I was hoping to be able to put a date on when I might be receiving said information. Also, did you receive an email or do you have to check on the interview website? Thanks!
Ummm I got an email that my interview request had been received, and then like a week later my interviewer reached out to me through their website messaging service (you get an email notification).

lcsslily

New

Post by lcsslily » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:27 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:
lcsslily wrote:
katthegreat11 wrote:
lcsslily wrote:Question about the interviews...

I originally was going to do a local alumni interview, but have come to find out the closest alums are over 2 hours away from me. So, I don't really want to travel that far for the interview, but am a bit nervous about a skype interview. Would canceling my interview hurt me/would it look bad to go back now? Thanks!
I signed up for the in person, but because of schedule conflicts, it looked like there wouldn't be a time I could meet my interviewer despite living in the same city. So I proposed a phone call as an alternative and they were fine with that!
How long did it take to get the interviewer's information. Mine just says interview requested and I was hoping to be able to put a date on when I might be receiving said information. Also, did you receive an email or do you have to check on the interview website? Thanks!
Ummm I got an email that my interview request had been received, and then like a week later my interviewer reached out to me through their website messaging service (you get an email notification).
Great, thanks! I guess it's just a waiting game for now.

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:31 am

You guys are going to hate me - my package just said that the updated date for delivery is Saturday, but it is currently at my local post office. I'm going to see if I can retrieve it from them, but if not, I'll find out tomorrow and update y'all

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:36 am

taxman14 wrote:You guys are going to hate me - my package just said that the updated date for delivery is Saturday, but it is currently at my local post office. I'm going to see if I can retrieve it from them, but if not, I'll find out tomorrow and update y'all
That suspense though. :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:41 am

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
taxman14 wrote:You guys are going to hate me - my package just said that the updated date for delivery is Saturday, but it is currently at my local post office. I'm going to see if I can retrieve it from them, but if not, I'll find out tomorrow and update y'all
And does your status checker still say complete?

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:35 pm

poptart123 wrote:
Just got a new update that it is out for delivery! USPS is really screwing with me haha. The status checker is still complete though - since late-Sept.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze

Post by Rich Uncle Skeleton » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:50 pm

taxman14 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
Just got a new update that it is out for delivery! USPS is really screwing with me haha. The status checker is still complete though - since late-Sept.
You have me more anxious about this package than any of my own :lol:

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Rich Uncle Skeleton wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
I mean I'm pretty sure it's an acceptance lol, why would they send a package as a rejection? It would just be a letter, no?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:56 pm

taxman14 wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
I mean I'm pretty sure it's an acceptance lol, why would they send a package as a rejection? It would just be a letter, no?
I mean, with your stats, idk man, I would be worried. The 99th% is the new 80th%.

LawSchoolTitan

New

Post by LawSchoolTitan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Status checker changed - Decision Mailed!

jlc058

Bronze

Post by jlc058 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:57 pm

taxman14 wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
Yes but you getting a package means that other people will either get/not get a package today too. You have the USPS updates to know your acceptance is on the way everyone else is just sitting here like do I get one?? :lol:

amberb94

Bronze

Post by amberb94 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:57 pm

taxman14 wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
Maybe they did the thing where they send you a springloaded tube of glitter just to be jerks.
My bet is it's either that or an acceptance.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:07 pm

jlc058 wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
Yes but you getting a package means that other people will either get/not get a package today too. You have the USPS updates to know your acceptance is on the way everyone else is just sitting here like do I get one?? :lol:
Not true - it means other people are going to be getting theirs soon too

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:09 pm

LawSchoolTitan wrote:Status checker changed - Decision Mailed!
Mine just did as well!!! Everyone check!

jlc058

Bronze

Post by jlc058 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:19 pm

That suspense though. :lol:[/quote]

And does your status checker still say complete?[/quote]

Just got a new update that it is out for delivery! USPS is really screwing with me haha. The status checker is still complete though - since late-Sept.[/quote]

You have me more anxious about this package than any of my own :lol:[/quote]

I mean I'm pretty sure it's an acceptance lol, why would they send a package as a rejection? It would just be a letter, no?[/quote]

Yes but you getting a package means that other people will either get/not get a package today too. You have the USPS updates to know your acceptance is on the way everyone else is just sitting here like do I get one?? :lol:[/quote]

Not true - it means other people are going to be getting theirs soon too[/quote]

unless they didn't get in...hence the anxiousness. I meant not everyone has a package alert to know for sure they are getting a nice big congrats package

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Damn, still complete.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jlc058

Bronze

Post by jlc058 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:20 pm

Not true - it means other people are going to be getting theirs soon too

unless they didn't get in...hence the anxiousness. I meant not everyone has a package alert to know for sure they are getting a nice big congrats package

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:21 pm

jlc058 wrote:

Sorry? I thought this site was supposed to be about sharing what the progress is so others can know to check as well... lol

jlc058

Bronze

Post by jlc058 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:25 pm

taxman14 wrote:
jlc058 wrote:

Sorry? I thought this site was supposed to be about sharing what the progress is so others can know to check as well... lol
Haha I am really not sure why you are taking this so wrong nevermind!

Someone said they were anxious about your package arrival- you said there was no reason you were sure it was an acceptance because it was a package- and I said it is much more anxiety inducing if aren't signed up for USPS alerts and know things are being delivered today but don't know what-none of that was critical to you at all, was merely commenting on the overall freakout that takes a hold of everyone when there is sign of movement from a school on any of these forums.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze

Post by Rich Uncle Skeleton » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:33 pm

shotgunheist wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
Oh it's definitely an acceptance! I mean I'm just anxiously hoping that vandy started sending decisions and this isn't some bizarre random surprise package from somewhere else (unlikely)

I mean, with your stats, idk man, I would be worried. The 99th% is the new 80th%.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BrittanyJeream

Bronze

Post by BrittanyJeream » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:34 pm

Still complete. grrrrrr :evil:

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:37 pm

Does anybody know if checkers change throughout the day or all at once? Trying to rationalize checking constantly..

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:40 pm

jlc058 wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
jlc058 wrote:

Haha I am really not sure why you are taking this so wrong nevermind!

Someone said they were anxious about your package arrival- you said there was no reason you were sure it was an acceptance because it was a package- and I said it is much more anxiety inducing if aren't signed up for USPS alerts and know things are being delivered today but don't know what-none of that was critical to you at all, was merely commenting on the overall freakout that takes a hold of everyone when there is sign of movement from a school on any of these forums.
Haha alright then, I'd recommend signing up for USPS alerts then to all who haven't done it yet :D It'll likely update and if it says there's a package then you're in!

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze

Post by Rich Uncle Skeleton » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Sorry my last post didn't show the text for some reason... No you're definitely in with a package, taxman :lol: a ding package would be pretty funny. I was just saying I'm anxious/eager for the decisions to be coming out and hoping the package is what we think it is!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”