Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
blelwoods
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby blelwoods » Thu May 18, 2017 8:35 pm

chargers21 wrote:In today off WL w/ 90k. Uber lowball. Did they think they were going to get me this late in the game with that weak shit? My numbers average 120k and one of my twins on here got an unnamed full ride this cycle, for reference.

Sorry for the drama, but I just question the YP followed by the lowball as a logistically responsible move for a school



Are you planning to withdraw or try to negotiate?

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3562
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 pm

blelwoods wrote:
chargers21 wrote:In today off WL w/ 90k. Uber lowball. Did they think they were going to get me this late in the game with that weak shit? My numbers average 120k and one of my twins on here got an unnamed full ride this cycle, for reference.

Sorry for the drama, but I just question the YP followed by the lowball as a logistically responsible move for a school



Are you planning to withdraw or try to negotiate?

Well, I've already withdrawn from many of my bargaining chips due to the timing so I'm not sure how much help they'll be. I'm going to give it a shot and withdraw promptly if significant ground isn't covered.

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9379
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amta » Fri May 19, 2017 4:49 pm

in with fat stacks.

User avatar
blelwoods
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby blelwoods » Fri May 19, 2017 7:54 pm

amta wrote:in with fat stacks.


Congrats!!!!! How much? :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mr. Peanutbutter
Posts: 8993
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mr. Peanutbutter » Fri May 19, 2017 8:48 pm

amta wrote:in with fat stacks.

Pm me I'm too drunk to figure out how

littlekidlover
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby littlekidlover » Mon May 22, 2017 10:06 am

Does anyone have any thoughts on how competitive the culture is at VLS? I know the schools ranked 14-30 tend to be where people are most competitive due to limited big law placement, but what is the experience you've heard people report from VLS specifically?

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9379
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amta » Mon May 22, 2017 11:33 am

Mlk&Ckies wrote:
amta wrote:in with fat stacks.

Pm me I'm too drunk to figure out how

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3562
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Vanderbilt is apparently not going to play ball and negotiate with me. Seriously not sure who there decided to accept me at this point in the cycle with that initial offer, but whatevvs

littlekidlover
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby littlekidlover » Tue May 23, 2017 7:02 pm

chargers21 wrote:Vanderbilt is apparently not going to play ball and negotiate with me. Seriously not sure who there decided to accept me at this point in the cycle with that initial offer, but whatevvs


same here. not upset about my offer, was definitely in line with my expectations, but the refusal to negotiate is a killer.

declined my offer today. good luck to those remaining on the waitlist!

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3562
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:18 pm

littlekidlover wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Vanderbilt is apparently not going to play ball and negotiate with me. Seriously not sure who there decided to accept me at this point in the cycle with that initial offer, but whatevvs


same here. not upset about my offer, was definitely in line with my expectations, but the refusal to negotiate is a killer.

declined my offer today. good luck to those remaining on the waitlist!

I was 30k under what I would have expected if admitted normally, and well under the max I thought possible. They tried to tell me how they aren't any worse than the 4 t13s I got into, yada yada yada. And how texas at half the price wasn't better. Yeah, whatever. Not mad, just annoyed. I thought after how they treated my app this cycle (just awful) they wouldn't come at me with a clown offer

User avatar
blelwoods
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby blelwoods » Tue May 23, 2017 7:30 pm

littlekidlover wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Vanderbilt is apparently not going to play ball and negotiate with me. Seriously not sure who there decided to accept me at this point in the cycle with that initial offer, but whatevvs


same here. not upset about my offer, was definitely in line with my expectations, but the refusal to negotiate is a killer.

declined my offer today. good luck to those remaining on the waitlist!



thank you!! Where you heading?

rozes
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rozes » Tue May 23, 2017 8:35 pm

chargers21 wrote:
littlekidlover wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Vanderbilt is apparently not going to play ball and negotiate with me. Seriously not sure who there decided to accept me at this point in the cycle with that initial offer, but whatevvs


same here. not upset about my offer, was definitely in line with my expectations, but the refusal to negotiate is a killer.

declined my offer today. good luck to those remaining on the waitlist!

I was 30k under what I would have expected if admitted normally, and well under the max I thought possible. They tried to tell me how they aren't any worse than the 4 t13s I got into, yada yada yada. And how texas at half the price wasn't better. Yeah, whatever. Not mad, just annoyed. I thought after how they treated my app this cycle (just awful) they wouldn't come at me with a clown offer


Just an FYI that I hardballed negotiated them (rejected their offer at the deposit deadline), and they upped my scholly as a result. Was definitely a tempting and flattering option, but I'd already committed elsewhere.

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3562
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:57 pm

rozes wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
littlekidlover wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Vanderbilt is apparently not going to play ball and negotiate with me. Seriously not sure who there decided to accept me at this point in the cycle with that initial offer, but whatevvs


same here. not upset about my offer, was definitely in line with my expectations, but the refusal to negotiate is a killer.

declined my offer today. good luck to those remaining on the waitlist!

I was 30k under what I would have expected if admitted normally, and well under the max I thought possible. They tried to tell me how they aren't any worse than the 4 t13s I got into, yada yada yada. And how texas at half the price wasn't better. Yeah, whatever. Not mad, just annoyed. I thought after how they treated my app this cycle (just awful) they wouldn't come at me with a clown offer


Just an FYI that I hardballed negotiated them (rejected their offer at the deposit deadline), and they upped my scholly as a result. Was definitely a tempting and flattering option, but I'd already committed elsewhere.

Yeah, I'm already commited to a top 10 with only a 15k COA difference, so I didn't expect them to shoot me down when I asked for more than their already low offer

littlekidlover
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby littlekidlover » Wed May 24, 2017 9:50 am

blelwoods wrote:
littlekidlover wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Vanderbilt is apparently not going to play ball and negotiate with me. Seriously not sure who there decided to accept me at this point in the cycle with that initial offer, but whatevvs


same here. not upset about my offer, was definitely in line with my expectations, but the refusal to negotiate is a killer.

declined my offer today. good luck to those remaining on the waitlist!



thank you!! Where you heading?


have a near full at WashU and will continue to ride out my 8 WLs or whatever the number is at this point.

elle022008
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby elle022008 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:03 pm

I was just curious if anyone would share when the second seat deposit deadline is. I'm trying to get some kind of an idea as to when I can expect a decision about the waitlist.

rachel3636
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rachel3636 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:36 pm

elle022008 wrote:I was just curious if anyone would share when the second seat deposit deadline is. I'm trying to get some kind of an idea as to when I can expect a decision about the waitlist.


June 14. Must withdraw all applications by then as well. I just tried to pay it but the link to pay it is down. I called office and they said they will email us when link is working again. Good luck on the rest of your admissions process!

User avatar
blelwoods
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby blelwoods » Fri May 26, 2017 2:02 pm

rachel3636 wrote:
elle022008 wrote:I was just curious if anyone would share when the second seat deposit deadline is. I'm trying to get some kind of an idea as to when I can expect a decision about the waitlist.


June 14. Must withdraw all applications by then as well. I just tried to pay it but the link to pay it is down. I called office and they said they will email us when link is working again. Good luck on the rest of your admissions process!



Do you have to withdraw from waitlisted schools as well?

rachel3636
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby rachel3636 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:42 pm

blelwoods wrote:
rachel3636 wrote:
elle022008 wrote:I was just curious if anyone would share when the second seat deposit deadline is. I'm trying to get some kind of an idea as to when I can expect a decision about the waitlist.


June 14. Must withdraw all applications by then as well. I just tried to pay it but the link to pay it is down. I called office and they said they will email us when link is working again. Good luck on the rest of your admissions process!



Do you have to withdraw from waitlisted schools as well?


Yes, I'm 99% sure you do but maybe call and ask! Don't want to give the wrong info.

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby haley12 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:54 pm

blelwoods wrote:
rachel3636 wrote:
elle022008 wrote:I was just curious if anyone would share when the second seat deposit deadline is. I'm trying to get some kind of an idea as to when I can expect a decision about the waitlist.


June 14. Must withdraw all applications by then as well. I just tried to pay it but the link to pay it is down. I called office and they said they will email us when link is working again. Good luck on the rest of your admissions process!



Do you have to withdraw from waitlisted schools as well?


Hm I don't think you do. As far as I know, no school can require you to withdraw from WLs

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9379
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amta » Tue May 30, 2017 4:33 pm

forgot to withdraw, but blew the deposit deadline, so consider me withdrawn with $$.

User avatar
blelwoods
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby blelwoods » Tue May 30, 2017 5:51 pm

When is the 2nd deposit deadline?

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3562
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:53 pm

amta wrote:forgot to withdraw, but blew the deposit deadline, so consider me withdrawn with $$.

+1

amjam
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amjam » Wed May 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Did anyone else on the Hold list get an update email today?

User avatar
blelwoods
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby blelwoods » Wed May 31, 2017 4:07 pm

amjam wrote:Did anyone else on the Hold list get an update email today?




what did it say?

amjam
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby amjam » Wed May 31, 2017 4:10 pm

blelwoods wrote:
amjam wrote:Did anyone else on the Hold list get an update email today?




what did it say?


"While your application has not been selected for admission to date, we remain very interested in your candidacy and as our second deposit deadline (June 14) approaches, experience suggests that we could have some spaces become available before or at that time."

Asked for a response and a phone call/email "if" I had any questions about Vanderbilt or my individual situation.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: YIWEI1, yyzz and 12 guests