Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adidasz

New

Re: Pepperdine Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by adidasz » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:07 pm

soneill2113 wrote:
unaisla wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
unaisla wrote:Hello everyone. I was wondering can anyone tell me how long does it take for you to know your final decision from Pepperdine? I submitted on January 25, still no news... :( :(
A while. I submitted in December 5th and got in Feb 15th. I didn't go under review until Feb 14th lol.
i was thinking maybe my LSAT is just a little bit above 25% and i'm a international student, that's why it takes them too long to make decision

Nah i think pepperdine just spends more time reviewing each applicant. They have a longer turn around time for most people.

I submitted mid January and didnt go into review until March 15th, and am still waiting for a decision.
Eh that's not necessarily true. I went Complete on 1/6 and was admitted on 1/24

soneill2113

New

Post by soneill2113 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:48 pm

adidasz wrote:
soneill2113 wrote:
unaisla wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
unaisla wrote:Hello everyone. I was wondering can anyone tell me how long does it take for you to know your final decision from Pepperdine? I submitted on January 25, still no news... :( :(
A while. I submitted in December 5th and got in Feb 15th. I didn't go under review until Feb 14th lol.
i was thinking maybe my LSAT is just a little bit above 25% and i'm a international student, that's why it takes them too long to make decision

Nah i think pepperdine just spends more time reviewing each applicant. They have a longer turn around time for most people.

I submitted mid January and didnt go into review until March 15th, and am still waiting for a decision.
Eh that's not necessarily true. I went Complete on 1/6 and was admitted on 1/24
Which would be why I said "for most people."

Lawser24

New

Post by Lawser24 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Anyone attempted scholarship negotiation/reconsideration and been successful? Looking to get a small bump before committing because COL is so high...

kelmad

New

Post by kelmad » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:55 pm

COL in Malibu if off the charts. Options are Santa Monica and Calabasas...both incredibly expensive for housing, gas, food. It is a real consideration and hard to define the actual cost unless you live in the area.

futureellewoods123

Bronze

Post by futureellewoods123 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:35 pm

kelmad wrote:COL in Malibu if off the charts. Options are Santa Monica and Calabasas...both incredibly expensive for housing, gas, food. It is a real consideration and hard to define the actual cost unless you live in the area.
Yeah their scholarship offer is like so not enough considering CoL.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lawser24

New

Post by Lawser24 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:01 am

futureellewoods123 wrote:
kelmad wrote:COL in Malibu if off the charts. Options are Santa Monica and Calabasas...both incredibly expensive for housing, gas, food. It is a real consideration and hard to define the actual cost unless you live in the area.
lol exactly! That's why I wanted to know if anyone was successful asking a little more $$$ to compensate for COL

futureellewoods123

Bronze

Post by futureellewoods123 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:11 am

Lawser24 wrote:
lol exactly! That's why I wanted to know if anyone was successful asking a little more $$$ to compensate for COL
I am planning on it, haven't yet. I'm also wondering about the terms of the scholarships. I'm going to look into how many 1Ls lose them based on GPA requirements

Lawser24

New

Post by Lawser24 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:24 am

Lawser24 wrote:
I am planning on it, haven't yet. I'm also wondering about the terms of the scholarships. I'm going to look into how many 1Ls lose them based on GPA requirements
Cool cool, same. Pepperdine gave me the best offer, so even though I've gotten into some higher ranked schools, I don't really have much leverage. My GPA requirement is 2.8, there are stats on the website that say how many lose or get their scholly reduced. Also wonder if they'll eliminate the GPA requirement to provide a little extra security...

kelmad

New

Post by kelmad » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:19 pm

I doubt they would eliminate the GPA requirement. My biggest fear would be that I don't make the GPA requirement and they pull my scholarship. The COL would prevent me from being able to continue and I would have to transfer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kelmad

New

Post by kelmad » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:21 pm

I doubt they would eliminate the GPA requirement. My biggest fear would be that I don't make the GPA requirement and they pull my scholarship. The COL would prevent me from being able to continue and I would have to transfer.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Who's going to the event tomorrow?

browneyed852

New

Post by browneyed852 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:11 pm

So I haven't heard back from them about a decision yet is that bad?

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:02 am

But Kanye lives in Calabasas lmao.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lawser24

New

Post by Lawser24 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:00 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:
But Kanye lives in Calabasas lmao.
Cue Chainsmokers: "I wanna live like Kanye" :lol:

TheTaylor

New

Post by TheTaylor » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Did anyone go to that reception last night? How was it? I would have gone if I wasn't out of state.

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:14 pm

TheTaylor wrote:Did anyone go to that reception last night? How was it? I would have gone if I wasn't out of state.

I did. I am glad I didn't commit to Pepperdine. Too many inexperienced Admitted Students with parents in tow and all white. Lack of diversity :/. But what should I expect....it's Malibu.

But it was a nice venue....the poor Dean made a fool of himself with his lack in public speaking skills. Professors seemed to be inexperienced about their own programs....

Lawser24

New

Post by Lawser24 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:53 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:
TheTaylor wrote:Did anyone go to that reception last night? How was it? I would have gone if I wasn't out of state.

I did. I am glad I didn't commit to Pepperdine. Too many inexperienced Admitted Students with parents in tow and all white. Lack of diversity :/. But what should I expect....it's Malibu.

But it was a nice venue....the poor Dean made a fool of himself with his lack in public speaking skills. Professors seemed to be inexperienced about their own programs....
That doesn't sound great... anyone else that went have any other thoughts??

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Lawser24 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:

Agree with this. Plus the law school isn't as nice. The tour guide, a 3L couldn't answer any of my questions. I asked about the scholarship threshold, the median they usually get, firms or businesses that come to Pepperdine for OCI, and gave me the wrong stats for employment.

I was at the reception. I was the one black guy with the grey shirt lol.

TheTaylor

New

Post by TheTaylor » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
Lawser24 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:

Agree with this. Plus the law school isn't as nice. The tour guide, a 3L couldn't answer any of my questions. I asked about the scholarship threshold, the median they usually get, firms or businesses that come to Pepperdine for OCI, and gave me the wrong stats for employment.

Bummer to hear it wasn't all that great. My separate visit to Pepperdine was great, but I definitely see how one would notice these types of things. I did meet the new dean before he was named dean, way smart guy, terrible public speaker. Good luck to you all.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:12 pm

TheTaylor wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
Lawser24 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:

Bummer to hear it wasn't all that great. My separate visit to Pepperdine was great, but I definitely see how one would notice these types of things. I did meet the new dean before he was named dean, way smart guy, terrible public speaker. Good luck to you all.
No disrespect. I think it's a great institution. It just didn't fit me. It's PCA from Zoey 101 lol. Maybe I expected too much. Hope you love it!

Lawser24

New

Post by Lawser24 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
TheTaylor wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
Lawser24 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:

No disrespect. I think it's a great institution. It just didn't fit me. It's PCA from Zoey 101 lol. Maybe I expected too much. Hope you love it!
My separate visit was great as well, and the class I sat in on (contracts) seemed fairly diverse. Trying to decide to put a deposit here or one other school while I ride out the waitlist at UT, so thanks for the input y'all!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Lawser24 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
TheTaylor wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
Lawser24 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:

My separate visit was great as well, and the class I sat in on (contracts) seemed fairly diverse. Trying to decide to put a deposit here or one other school while I ride out the waitlist at UT, so thanks for the input y'all!
Yeah I saw diversity around the law school. Just not in admitted students.

espstl

New

Post by espstl » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:14 pm

vv

throwaway2016gjdm

New

Post by throwaway2016gjdm » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:09 pm

Last edited by throwaway2016gjdm on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bulla

Bronze

Post by Bulla » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:05 pm

I agree, no doubt the campus is beautiful but the lack of diversity made the school appear to be just an empty shell.
Last edited by Bulla on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”