USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
renc56
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby renc56 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Is it too late to apply to USC?

I got waitlisted at UCLA and I'm debating on my options now..

Stats: my LSAT is awful, but URM, good softs, high GPA.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:19 pm

renc56 wrote:Is it too late to apply to USC?

I got waitlisted at UCLA and I'm debating on my options now..

Stats: my LSAT is awful, but URM, good softs, high GPA.


This is the time most ppl apply, so nope not too late. After Christmas is considered late. So why not give it a try? Good luck!

User avatar
renc56
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby renc56 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:25 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
renc56 wrote:Is it too late to apply to USC?

I got waitlisted at UCLA and I'm debating on my options now..

Stats: my LSAT is awful, but URM, good softs, high GPA.


This is the time most ppl apply, so nope not too late. After Christmas is considered late. So why not give it a try? Good luck!


Might as well give it a shot. Otherwise I'll have to do this whole fun process again next year.

ethanknight
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby ethanknight » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:01 pm

I am a bit concerened. My application went complete on 10/4 and it is still complete as of 12/14, no Under Review status. Any reasons for this? I know "complete" means "no further action from me required" but....

Did my application get lost in the pile? I dont see how not reviewing it yet could be based on the quality of my application...because it hasnt been reviewed yet.

lawcapture
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:40 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby lawcapture » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:06 pm

ethanknight wrote:I am a bit concerened. My application went complete on 10/4 and it is still complete as of 12/14, no Under Review status. Any reasons for this? I know "complete" means "no further action from me required" but....

Did my application get lost in the pile? I dont see how not reviewing it yet could be based on the quality of my application...because it hasnt been reviewed yet.


I wouldn't read into it - as I've come to learn a lot of this stuff is very random. I submitted back in september and was complete around that time and remain there - so don't think your application is lost.

fazzvm56
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby fazzvm56 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:37 pm

lawcapture wrote:
ethanknight wrote:I am a bit concerened. My application went complete on 10/4 and it is still complete as of 12/14, no Under Review status. Any reasons for this? I know "complete" means "no further action from me required" but....

Did my application get lost in the pile? I dont see how not reviewing it yet could be based on the quality of my application...because it hasnt been reviewed yet.


I wouldn't read into it - as I've come to learn a lot of this stuff is very random. I submitted back in september and was complete around that time and remain there - so don't think your application is lost.


+1 except complete 10/18

loslakers
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:33 am

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby loslakers » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:51 pm

after scanning c/o 2019 and 2018 threads it seems like ED applicants should be hearing back either tomorrow or friday. best of luck to everyone!

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 1102
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:56 pm

just checking in. UR1

ggnobbq
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby ggnobbq » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Decision Finalized :shock:

Status checker says I should get email notification shortly.

User avatar
dietcoke1
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:02 pm

ggnobbq wrote:Decision Finalized :shock:

Status checker says I should get email notification shortly.


good luck! are you ED or RD?

User avatar
Torres1893
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Torres1893 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:03 pm

ggnobbq wrote:Decision Finalized :shock:

Status checker says I should get email notification shortly.


Are you ED?

I applied RD and still UR since 12/01.

ggnobbq
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby ggnobbq » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:04 pm

ED submitted at the beginning of Oct

User avatar
sorence
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby sorence » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:12 pm

ggnobbq wrote:ED submitted at the beginning of Oct


I hope you have a patient/anxiety-free today/tomorrow as you wait! :mrgreen:

ggnobbq
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby ggnobbq » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:00 pm

In with 93k, cycle over. Thanks TLS!

User avatar
Torres1893
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Torres1893 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:02 pm

ggnobbq wrote:In with 93k, cycle over. Thanks TLS!


Congrats!

User avatar
sorence
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby sorence » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
ggnobbq wrote:In with 93k, cycle over. Thanks TLS!


Congrats!


+1, yay for you!

loslakers
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:33 am

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby loslakers » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:06 pm

i'm in! ed applicant the wait is finally over!

playersball
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:58 am

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby playersball » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:07 pm

Congrats to the ED people, so exciting!

Hoping to hear some RD decisions soon :lol:

User avatar
brinicolec
Posts: 3872
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:24 am

Congrats ED folks!

Somewhat jealous because your stress is over! :lol:

User avatar
lawlzschool
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby lawlzschool » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Anyone else [RD] showing "1st Seat Deposit" and "2nd Seat Deposit" under "Requirements List"?

I'm hoping this means decisions are coming but if I'm reading too far into it that's cool too

User avatar
dietcoke1
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby dietcoke1 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:42 pm

lawlzschool wrote:Anyone else [RD] showing "1st Seat Deposit" and "2nd Seat Deposit" under "Requirements List"?

I'm hoping this means decisions are coming but if I'm reading too far into it that's cool too


I am. Were those requirements there before? I can't remember.

User avatar
lawlzschool
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby lawlzschool » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:43 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:Anyone else [RD] showing "1st Seat Deposit" and "2nd Seat Deposit" under "Requirements List"?

I'm hoping this means decisions are coming but if I'm reading too far into it that's cool too


I am. Were those requirements there before? I can't remember.


I don't think so, but it's definitely possible given how many of these things I look at 1200 times a day

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 1102
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby chargers21 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:48 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:Anyone else [RD] showing "1st Seat Deposit" and "2nd Seat Deposit" under "Requirements List"?

I'm hoping this means decisions are coming but if I'm reading too far into it that's cool too


I am. Were those requirements there before? I can't remember.


I don't think so, but it's definitely possible given how many of these things I look at 1200 times a day

I saw that yesterday and hadn't seen it before to the best of my knowledge. I don't want to sound the alarm early, but I think it's good news

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:49 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:Anyone else [RD] showing "1st Seat Deposit" and "2nd Seat Deposit" under "Requirements List"?

I'm hoping this means decisions are coming but if I'm reading too far into it that's cool too


I am. Were those requirements there before? I can't remember.


I don't think so, but it's definitely possible given how many of these things I look at 1200 times a day


Mine does not say that. So I think that's a good sign that y'all are in lol.

User avatar
Torres1893
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: USC c/o 2020 Applicants Thread (2016-2017)

Postby Torres1893 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:25 pm

I don't see it on my status checker. Those who have the seat deposits for RD when did you go UR?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: smashbash and 17 guests