UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Houzy

New

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by Houzy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Are you guys planning on attending? Or still trying to decide?

marshallu

New

Post by marshallu » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:04 pm

darthlawyer wrote:first wave of Rejections coming this week?
good luck everybody.
how do you know!? :shock:

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Post by WamBamThankYouMaam » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:34 pm

marshallu wrote:
good luck everybody.
I think it was just guess since there's a question mark at the end. Almost no one has been rejected on LSN and now that Feb scores are in they probably have a good idea of the applicant pool and will start making more decisions.

marshallu

New

Post by marshallu » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:50 pm

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:
marshallu wrote:
good luck everybody.
I think it was just guess since there's a question mark at the end. Almost no one has been rejected on LSN and now that Feb scores are in they probably have a good idea of the applicant pool and will start making more decisions.
I'm really hoping they try to make decisions before admitted students day but I don't know if that will happen.

josh9308

New

Post by josh9308 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:56 pm

Does anyone know how UF grants their stipends for their Admittedly Students Day?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

onecallthats all

Bronze

Post by onecallthats all » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:41 pm

josh9308 wrote:Does anyone know how UF grants their stipends for their Admittedly Students Day?
They will offer up to $300 total in expenses for ASD. You submit your receipts afterwards in addition to their required reimbursement sheet, and then you will be issued a check by the University.

BarMan

New

Post by BarMan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Houzy wrote:Are you guys planning on attending? Or still trying to decide?
Still trying to decide, but UF is def a strong contender, so I figured I would go to check it out and try to get a feel for the school. And I'm still UR (or "complete") at the majority of the other places I applied anyway.

Houzy

New

Post by Houzy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:59 am

The degree to which it matters is argued, but a nice little jump in the rankings doesn't hurt :lol:

MOLaw

New

Post by MOLaw » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Anyone else sitting on Initial Review- No Decision Made. I applied on 3/4/17 and I'm hoping for a quick response (lol)

156/3.3

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Post by WamBamThankYouMaam » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:04 pm

MOLaw wrote:Anyone else sitting on Initial Review- No Decision Made. I applied on 3/4/17 and I'm hoping for a quick response (lol)

156/3.3
I've been at no decision made since 2/19. Unless I hear back soon, I'm ready to commit somewhere else.

LSAT > 75
GPA < 25

jcburns

New

Post by jcburns » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:14 pm

MOLaw wrote:Anyone else sitting on Initial Review- No Decision Made. I applied on 3/4/17 and I'm hoping for a quick response (lol)

156/3.3
I've also been at that status since 2/19. My numbers are very close to yours and I applied in late January. I'm starting to think the same thing. Maybe it's better to commit to one of the schools that is certain they want me there.

MOLaw

New

Post by MOLaw » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:37 pm

jcburns wrote:

156/3.3
I've also been at that status since 2/19. My numbers are very close to yours and I applied in late January. I'm starting to think the same thing. Maybe it's better to commit to one of the schools that is certain they want me there.
Waiting is absolutely excruciating. Where else did you apply?

jag13

Bronze

Post by jag13 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Has anyone already successfully negotiataed more scholarship money?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jcburns

New

Post by jcburns » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:59 pm

MOLaw wrote:
jcburns wrote:

156/3.3
I agree with you about the waiting. My avatar is meant to be a little joke about how long it feels like I've been waiting. :P I applied to Notre Dame, Indiana-Bloomington, UF, FSU, Oregon, and LSU. UF and FSU are the only ones I haven't heard from yet.

Houzy

New

Post by Houzy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Last edited by Houzy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marshallu

New

Post by marshallu » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:47 pm

jcburns wrote:
MOLaw wrote:
jcburns wrote:

156/3.3
I agree with you about the waiting. My avatar is meant to be a little joke about how long it feels like I've been waiting. :P I applied to Notre Dame, Indiana-Bloomington, UF, FSU, Oregon, and LSU. UF and FSU are the only ones I haven't heard from yet.
Listen I applied in October and my status has been at that since December. I literally cannot take it anymore. I feel like that too FSU emails me, calls me, offered me scholarship. Why would I go somewhere that left me hanging for five months who likely wont give money when I can go to a school ranked 2 lower who actually cares. Putting my deposit in at FSU after this week, if they don't let me know before the first admitted students day that's just ridiculous to me I applied early to avoid this.

atauc

New

Post by atauc » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:53 pm

156/3.3
I applied late January with very similar stats and I am still waiting for a decision. My status checker has said "Initial Review Complete- No Decision Made" since about mid-February.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MOLaw

New

Post by MOLaw » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:05 am

marshallu wrote:
jcburns wrote:
MOLaw wrote:
jcburns wrote:

156/3.3
Listen I applied in October and my status has been at that since December. I literally cannot take it anymore. I feel like that too FSU emails me, calls me, offered me scholarship. Why would I go somewhere that left me hanging for five months who likely wont give money when I can go to a school ranked 2 lower who actually cares. Putting my deposit in at FSU after this week, if they don't let me know before the first admitted students day that's just ridiculous to me I applied early to avoid this.
Agreed. I would honestly just go with FSU at this point. Time is running out to get affairs in line. I applied to FSU for undergrad and they let me know I was accepted 5 days before the start of the semester. Not enough time to find a job, place to live, pick out classes, etc. I applied late in the game for LS because I didn't want to think about LSAT / Applications until I was done with my undergrad (graduated in December).

I don't feel confident that I'm getting into UF. I'm just under the median. I just want to know either way. Im dying and it hasn't even been a week yet. I can't imagine how you feel.

MOLaw

New

Post by MOLaw » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:07 am

atauc wrote:

156/3.3
I applied late January with very similar stats and I am still waiting for a decision. My status checker has said "Initial Review Complete- No Decision Made" since about mid-February.
That is exactly as mine says.

Ill update you all if it changes or if I get accepted. :roll:
Update me too!

footb1

New

Post by footb1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:52 am

I spoke with the folks in admission today about our facebook page, Ian asked me to just create one. So find the link below

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1815122385418613/

pleaseUF

New

Post by pleaseUF » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:00 am

jag13 wrote:Has anyone already successfully negotiataed more scholarship money?
I sent a negotiation email (asking to bump the 80% scholarship to 100%) 2 weeks ago and have received no response - seems unprofessional to me. And I have not heard of anyone successfully negotiating this cycle. I'm likely going to pick another school who has demonstrated they want me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Houzy

New

Post by Houzy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:25 am

pleaseUF wrote:
I sent a negotiation email (asking to bump the 80% scholarship to 100%) 2 weeks ago and have received no response - seems unprofessional to me. And I have not heard of anyone successfully negotiating this cycle. I'm likely going to pick another school who has demonstrated they want me.
Does an 80% scholarship not demonstrate that?

marshallu

New

Post by marshallu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:46 am

MOLaw wrote:
marshallu wrote:
jcburns wrote:
MOLaw wrote:
jcburns wrote:

156/3.3
Agreed. I would honestly just go with FSU at this point. Time is running out to get affairs in line. I applied to FSU for undergrad and they let me know I was accepted 5 days before the start of the semester. Not enough time to find a job, place to live, pick out classes, etc. I applied late in the game for LS because I didn't want to think about LSAT / Applications until I was done with my undergrad (graduated in December).

I don't feel confident that I'm getting into UF. I'm just under the median. I just want to know either way. Im dying and it hasn't even been a week yet. I can't imagine how you feel.
Yeah that's the plan. Exactly theres is so much that goes into the whole process once you decide and its things that takes time. I graduated in December of last year so and waited so I had the extra time and then could apply as early as possible after the September LSAT. Im just barely below the median as well but felt really go about my resume, extra curricular activities, personal statement, etc. I'm kind of doubting it too at this point but just really want to know so I could weigh all my options.

If they maybe even emailed me updates or emails just keeping my interest it'd be different but they completely ignore me and the two times I've called they give me these ridiculous generic answers like I'm talking to a machine and they don't even fully answer my questions and get me off the phone.

JaxBeachLaw

New

Post by JaxBeachLaw » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:03 am

pleaseUF wrote:
I have had a similar non-response to my request. I am a UF grad and overall disappointed in UF's offer and the general vibe I get from the school. Florida as a whole seems to be hell-bent on increasing enrollment at any cost so that they can keep churning $$$ and growing the Gator network. I'm a Gator for life, but seriously disappointed with the administration direction that the university is operating under.

FSU feels like a better option to me.

Houzy

New

Post by Houzy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:29 am

Last edited by Houzy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”