UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
darthlawyer

Bronze

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by darthlawyer » Mon May 01, 2017 5:59 pm

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Mon May 01, 2017 6:30 pm

Another miserable day of no updates....
today is the last day WL applicants can turn in their WL accept/deny form so hopefully they can have some REAL movement tomorrow. Anyways... this will be my last comment on tls until I get an actual ASO update. :?

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:17 am

mjw36 wrote:
mjw36 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:I will not check ASO every 5 mins.
I will not check ASO every 5 mins.

aaaaand the weekday struggle continues lol. there better be a second wave today :evil:
I really hope so. It is getting to the point where I will have to happen soon. Just give me some kind of news, UF.
Not going to call the admissions office today. It's not helping. I've set a personal deadline and if they don't let me know by Thursday I'm going to another school.
I'll just throw this out there, but if you're intent on that deadline, you might want to let them know.(or possibly stretch it to give them a week?) Your numbers seem borderline. They may opt to give you a decision. Can't hurt if your plan is to go elsewhere if you don't get an answer no matter what.

Now, if you're just saying this and actually willing to wait, I wouldn't do it. It might just push them to reject you rather than wait to see if they can get you in the class.

mjw36

New

Post by mjw36 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:29 am

lawman84 wrote:
mjw36 wrote:
mjw36 wrote:

aaaaand the weekday struggle continues lol. there better be a second wave today :evil:
I really hope so. It is getting to the point where I will have to happen soon. Just give me some kind of news, UF.
Not going to call the admissions office today. It's not helping. I've set a personal deadline and if they don't let me know by Thursday I'm going to another school.
I'll just throw this out there, but if you're intent on that deadline, you might want to let them know.(or possibly stretch it to give them a week?) Your numbers seem borderline. They may opt to give you a decision. Can't hurt if your plan is to go elsewhere if you don't get an answer no matter what.

Now, if you're just saying this and actually willing to wait, I wouldn't do it. It might just push them to reject you rather than wait to see if they can get you in the class.
Thanks for the thought. Funny that you say that, because it's exactly the email I wrote to Dean Byrd last night. We'll see how it goes. The thing is, I also included scholarship info, as I have a full-tuition offer from FSU, which I need to act on, and I love both schools. I said I'd instantly withdraw my other acceptance if UF offered 90% or more by this Friday, and if they weren't considering me at that number, they could reject me, no problem. I know it's not likely they do it, but I'm fine with that, and at this point I just wanted a resolution.

Babaribou

New

Post by Babaribou » Tue May 02, 2017 9:37 am

mjw36 wrote:
lawman84 wrote:
mjw36 wrote:
mjw36 wrote:

Thanks for the thought. Funny that you say that, because it's exactly the email I wrote to Dean Byrd last night. We'll see how it goes. The thing is, I also included scholarship info, as I have a full-tuition offer from FSU, which I need to act on, and I love both schools. I said I'd instantly withdraw my other acceptance if UF offered 90% or more by this Friday, and if they weren't considering me at that number, they could reject me, no problem. I know it's not likely they do it, but I'm fine with that, and at this point I just wanted a resolution.
It's unlikely that you'll even get an answer to your email... hopefully that works out for you though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MOLaw

New

Post by MOLaw » Tue May 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Still nothing for me! I'm really hoping my application didn't get lost among the others :(

Orlandocity

New

Post by Orlandocity » Tue May 02, 2017 12:29 pm

MOLaw wrote:Still nothing for me! I'm really hoping my application didn't get lost among the others :(
I've been in no final decision made for months, you're not alone.

mjw36

New

Post by mjw36 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Babaribou wrote:
mjw36 wrote:
lawman84 wrote:
mjw36 wrote:
mjw36 wrote:

It's unlikely that you'll even get an answer to your email... hopefully that works out for you though.
You're right. I actually decided to withdraw from UF today. The wait was just too much. Everyone at FSU was so nice, and on point with everything, that I decided to commit. UF is of course a great school, and I wish everyone on this thread well, whether it's at UF, Stetson, FSU or elsewhere.

MOLaw

New

Post by MOLaw » Tue May 02, 2017 12:46 pm

mjw36 wrote:
Babaribou wrote:
mjw36 wrote:
lawman84 wrote:
mjw36 wrote:
mjw36 wrote:

You're right. I actually decided to withdraw from UF today. The wait was just too much. Everyone at FSU was so nice, and on point with everything, that I decided to commit. UF is of course a great school, and I wish everyone on this thread well, whether it's at UF, Stetson, FSU or elsewhere.
Good luck to you as well! FSU is a great school! I'll be sure to let you know what happens. I might be in your same boat.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Orlandocity

New

Post by Orlandocity » Tue May 02, 2017 5:08 pm

Just saw a post on Reddit about UF releasing decisions in the first two weeks of this month. Has anyone been told the same thing?

Bigmeach11

New

Post by Bigmeach11 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Check emails... got my decision

zzanetta88

New

Post by zzanetta88 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:05 pm

I think you guys will find out soon. I was waitlisted on 4/24 and then accepted on 4/27. They want a decision by 5/7, so they should figure out their waitlist rather quickly with so little time to decide.

Orlandocity

New

Post by Orlandocity » Tue May 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Just got rejected, good luck to the rest of you guys.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NeverfoundNemo

New

Post by NeverfoundNemo » Tue May 02, 2017 8:29 pm

Rejected today! Mea

jcapp

New

Post by jcapp » Wed May 03, 2017 10:14 am

Has anyone else seen any movement on the waitlist yet? I'm DYING! I don't know if my sanity will last through August.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Wed May 03, 2017 6:44 pm

jcapp wrote:Has anyone else seen any movement on the waitlist yet? I'm DYING! I don't know if my sanity will last through August.
idk the chances seem to be absurd ... it seems like they've waitlisted three million people and the list keeps growing everyday on lsn lol

Ellewoods5516

New

Post by Ellewoods5516 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:29 pm

I was waitlisted last week and my ASO went to "waitlist". Then yesterday it was changed back to "initial review complete-no decision made". Did this happen to anyone else?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lomp123

New

Post by lomp123 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:39 pm

Ellewoods5516 wrote:I was waitlisted last week and my ASO went to "waitlist". Then yesterday it was changed back to "initial review complete-no decision made". Did this happen to anyone else?
I just checked and my ASO also changed from waitlist to No Decision Made.

Ellewoods5516

New

Post by Ellewoods5516 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:09 pm

lomp123 wrote:
Ellewoods5516 wrote:I was waitlisted last week and my ASO went to "waitlist". Then yesterday it was changed back to "initial review complete-no decision made". Did this happen to anyone else?
I just checked and my ASO also changed from waitlist to No Decision Made.
I wonder what it means

Hogwartsexpress

New

Post by Hogwartsexpress » Thu May 04, 2017 3:13 pm

got rejected today, good luck to those still in the fight :!:

grillcheeseplz

New

Post by grillcheeseplz » Fri May 05, 2017 11:19 am

Got in off waitlist today good luck to everyone waiting! Does anyone know if scholly info comes with the acceptance and how I can negotiate if I didn't get any?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

zzanetta88

New

Post by zzanetta88 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:25 am

I was accepted off the waitlist too. No scholarship for me. I thought that they might send an offer with the little box they send in the mail. It seems like that happened with other people earlier in the cycle, but this was not the case for me. As for negotiating, all I think you can do is let them know what other offers you are still considering.

guyindfw

New

Post by guyindfw » Fri May 05, 2017 11:46 am

Good luck.

John749

New

Post by John749 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:14 pm

Just curious are the people getting off the waitlist above the median in everything or what kind of stats?

zzanetta88

New

Post by zzanetta88 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:59 pm

2.57/164. There's quite a bit of applicant info on lawschoolnumbers.com if you haven't checked there yet.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”