UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
brownellewoods

New

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by brownellewoods » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:50 pm

So I just did some simple math on LSN. Human error +/- 2

153 Total Applications
Wait-lists: 7
Accepts: 73 (9 officially plan on attending)
Withdraws: 28 (regardless of whether they have been given a decision)

Again, with these self reports you have to take them with a grain of salt but it should provide us with a decent picture of the actual seats atm. Hope I helped!

Orlandocity

New

Post by Orlandocity » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Summer1234 wrote:
darthlawyer wrote:The new approach is so awesome.
LOL, maybe only one wave per week? So next Monday will be the next wave?

Someone a couple pages back did say when they spoke with the admissions office that they said expect waves all throughout this week. Hopeful for tomorrow.

adbbb13

New

Post by adbbb13 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 pm

This doesn't have anything to do with UF Law, but I'm assuming most of you are gators.
Did anyone else get an invite to apply to GW last week? Finding it incredibly late since their original deadline was 3/1.
I really don't think I have the LSAT to get in there, but is it still worth it to try if they sent me an invite and a fee waiver this late in the game? I'm torn.

Also sorry I really still don't know how to use this website so like i tried posting it in the gw one lol

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:32 pm

adbbb13 wrote:This doesn't have anything to do with UF Law, but I'm assuming most of you are gators.
Did anyone else get an invite to apply to GW last week? Finding it incredibly late since their original deadline was 3/1.
I really don't think I have the LSAT to get in there, but is it still worth it to try if they sent me an invite and a fee waiver this late in the game? I'm torn.

Also sorry I really still don't know how to use this website so like i tried posting it in the gw one lol
I was actually going apply myself lol. BUT then I realized there's still a $30 report fee and the COA in D.C is outrageous coupled with the lack of aid I would recieve. If that wasn't enough, I saw on reddit how they dissed their WL to beg for more applicants and their WL includes people much more qualified than I in both numbers and experience. It would've been a waste of time and just an ego boost for GW. If you still want to do it, go ahead... maybe you're who they are looking for.

mjw36

New

Post by mjw36 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:42 pm

brownellewoods wrote:
adbbb13 wrote:This doesn't have anything to do with UF Law, but I'm assuming most of you are gators.

I was actually going apply myself lol. BUT then I realized there's still a $30 report fee and the COA in D.C is outrageous coupled with the lack of aid I would recieve. If that wasn't enough, I saw on reddit how they dissed their WL to beg for more applicants and their WL includes people much more qualified than I in both numbers and experience. It would've been a waste of time and just an ego boost for GW. If you still want to do it, go ahead... maybe you're who they are looking for.
Don't worry about the sidebar, I for one am glad to stop thinking about this UF decision for a moment. Not to discourage you, but they carpet-bombed that email. It helps their stats if we apply. I got one too. But of course, apply if you feel good about it. I got in with a post-priority app at one school I really liked; it was my fastest decision this cycle, which, when combined with the GW email, leads me to think there's a wild-west aspect to admissions offices in April.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

adbbb13

New

Post by adbbb13 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:35 am

mjw36 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:

Don't worry about the sidebar, I for one am glad to stop thinking about this UF decision for a moment. Not to discourage you, but they carpet-bombed that email. It helps their stats if we apply. I got one too. But of course, apply if you feel good about it. I got in with a post-priority app at one school I really liked; it was my fastest decision this cycle, which, when combined with the GW email, leads me to think there's a wild-west aspect to admissions offices in April.

True that!!!
I'm almost at the point where I'm going to accept my scholarship to Stetson and just withdraw from UF. "Current gators get priority" yeah... sure. It's all a numbers game to UF I'm thinking.

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:40 am

adbbb13 wrote:True that!!!
I'm almost at the point where I'm going to accept my scholarship to Stetson and just withdraw from UF. "Current gators get priority" yeah... sure. It's all a numbers game to UF I'm thinking.
You are right about that, but that holds true for every law school because of how the rankings are calculated.

DriveLikeNashvillian

New

Post by DriveLikeNashvillian » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:28 am

Withdrew my acceptance today. If it's of any hope to you guys, Dean Byrd emailed me today (I missed her phone call) about increasing my scholarship, even though she originally told me that she wouldn't be able to last month. Seems they're at the very tail-end of regular admissions and maybe activity from the waitlist will start happening soon. Good luck, everybody

Summer1234

New

Post by Summer1234 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 am

DriveLikeNashvillian wrote:Withdrew my acceptance today. If it's of any hope to you guys, Dean Byrd emailed me today (I missed her phone call) about increasing my scholarship, even though she originally told me that she wouldn't be able to last month. Seems they're at the very tail-end of regular admissions and maybe activity from the waitlist will start happening soon. Good luck, everybody
And it seems like they've still got money to offer. You must have some good numbers. Wherever you decide to go, good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MOLaw

New

Post by MOLaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:23 am

Still no answer for me yet! I'm wearing my gators bracelet today and hoping for the best!

lilyanne

New

Post by lilyanne » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:57 pm

+1 on withdrawing my acceptance, albeit without scholarship $.

Orlandocity

New

Post by Orlandocity » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Another day of silence from UF and more annoyance builds. This new system is great. Really working in their favor I'm sure.

darthlawyer

Bronze

Post by darthlawyer » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:18 pm

How are people's numbers who haven't heard anything yet ? Comparable to waitlisters or below, in general ? So weird to me that they haven't rejected anyone yet. What are they waiting for I wonder.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Orlandocity

New

Post by Orlandocity » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:53 pm

darthlawyer wrote:How are people's numbers who haven't heard anything yet ? Comparable to waitlisters or below, in general ? So weird to me that they haven't rejected anyone yet. What are they waiting for I wonder.

Mine are very similar to waitlisters that's why I'm so annoyed with this process. I'd almost rather have been rejected at this point.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Orlandocity wrote:
darthlawyer wrote:How are people's numbers who haven't heard anything yet ? Comparable to waitlisters or below, in general ? So weird to me that they haven't rejected anyone yet. What are they waiting for I wonder.

Mine are very similar to waitlisters that's why I'm so annoyed with this process. I'd almost rather have been rejected at this point.
I just don't understand their process. SO MANY QUESTIONS...
1) Did they go through each application and only WL the ones they liked the most? Then why not start rejecting???
2) Did they go through only HALF the applications and WL the ones so far? When is the next wave, its almost May
3) How long do they think they can go until they don't reject anyone? Seat deposits have passed....

T14s take this long, but they also reject as they go and get triple the applications. They also send out weekly newsletters so people know whats going on. Too frustrating & strange.

law1993

New

Post by law1993 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Mine are basically on par with everyone who was just waitlisted (according to LSN). My numbers are better than some and worse than some. I had the "no decision" made status on 4/1. I have fairly strong softs, so I'm just hoping they did take a more holistic route.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 pm

law1993 wrote:
Mine are basically on par with everyone who was just waitlisted (according to LSN). My numbers are better than some and worse than some. I had the "no decision" made status on 4/1. I have fairly strong softs, so I'm just hoping they did take a more holistic route.
same exact situation, super strong softs and very strong writing skills. Maybe the hollistic approach this year is slowing things down? They are pressured to read a harry potter novel every 3 days with the essays.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mjw36

New

Post by mjw36 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Mine are 161 and 3.45. I think my softs are polarizing. Certain schools have liked me more than my numbers would account for, while other schools have totally shut me down. It's been really interesting from that perspective. I bring that up to say that my numbers may not fully explain why I'm waiting.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:38 pm

mjw36 wrote:
Mine are 161 and 3.45. I think my softs are polarizing. Certain schools have liked me more than my numbers would account for, while other schools have totally shut me down. It's been really interesting from that perspective. I bring that up to say that my numbers may not fully explain why I'm waiting.
Im just concerned how their cycle last yr WL literally one month prior to this years. They are so behind schedule. There has to be a hurricane of decisions coming up within the rest of this week or next week or else I have no idea how they will deal with WL and seats etc ... maybe the admissions committee are actually more stressed out than us on this lol.

mjw36

New

Post by mjw36 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:29 am

brownellewoods wrote:
mjw36 wrote:
Im just concerned how their cycle last yr WL literally one month prior to this years. They are so behind schedule. There has to be a hurricane of decisions coming up within the rest of this week or next week or else I have no idea how they will deal with WL and seats etc ... maybe the admissions committee are actually more stressed out than us on this lol.
I'm sure it is stressful on their end. And it's not like they're breaking any rules. They have the right to process applications at their own speed, and we have the right to choose other schools if we don't like that speed. But it's a facinating strategy on their part. I hope once the cycle is over, the veil gets pulled back and we hear more about their process.

dom_dotty

New

Post by dom_dotty » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:51 am

Welp good news I guess for people on the waitlist. I was waitlisted on Monday and just got an email this morning saying that I've been accepted with a scholly. I didn't think I would get in that quick but there is hope for everyone out there! Stay positive!!!!
Last edited by dom_dotty on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mjw36

New

Post by mjw36 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:22 am

dom_dotty wrote:Welp good news I guess for people on the waitlist. I was waitlisted on Monday and just got an email this morning saying that I've been accepted with a scholly. I didn't think it would get in that quick but there is hope for everyone out there! Stay positive!!!!
Congratulations!

Bigmeach11

New

Post by Bigmeach11 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:34 am

Still no decision made.. 159/3.2

Orlandocity

New

Post by Orlandocity » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 am

dom_dotty wrote:Welp good news I guess for people on the waitlist. I was waitlisted on Monday and just got an email this morning saying that I've been accepted with a scholly. I didn't think it would get in that quick but there is hope for everyone out there! Stay positive!!!!
Hopefully this is a sign that they'll be releasing more decisions today? Congrats anyway!

Summer1234

New

Post by Summer1234 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:11 am

Wow, congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? And when did you send in your application? Thank you!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”