UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Yankees27champions

New

Re: UF c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by Yankees27champions » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:16 am

dom_dotty wrote:Welp good news I guess for people on the waitlist. I was waitlisted on Monday and just got an email this morning saying that I've been accepted with a scholly. I didn't think it would get in that quick but there is hope for everyone out there! Stay positive!!!!
Did you send them any additional information since you got waitlisted on Monday? As far as another letter of continued interest, letter of rec etc.? I got waitlisted then too but not sure if sending them much at this point would help considering I already sent them a letter of continued interest when they asked a little bit ago and don't want to overwhelm/bug them.

dom_dotty

New

Post by dom_dotty » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:23 am

Yankees27champions wrote:
dom_dotty wrote:Welp good news I guess for people on the waitlist. I was waitlisted on Monday and just got an email this morning saying that I've been accepted with a scholly. I didn't think it would get in that quick but there is hope for everyone out there! Stay positive!!!!
Did you send them any additional information since you got waitlisted on Monday? As far as another letter of continued interest, letter of rec etc.? I got waitlisted then too but not sure if sending them much at this point would help considering I already sent them a letter of continued interest when they asked a little bit ago and don't want to overwhelm/bug them.
I didn't do anything extra haha, so I'm not sure if any additional items will help. Sorry if I wasn't much help.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:33 am

It came off from their WL email that everything else, except a LOCI, at this point would annoy them. My own interpretation though ... feel free to re-read their email and see if you get that vibe as well (or not).

Yankees27champions

New

Post by Yankees27champions » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:44 am

brownellewoods wrote:
It came off from their WL email that everything else, except a LOCI, at this point would annoy them. My own interpretation though ... feel free to re-read their email and see if you get that vibe as well (or not).
Yeah I was getting the same vibe from the email as well. If I don't hear anything in a month or so I was planning on checking in/sending another letter showing my interest but as of now I agree anything might be annoying.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:53 am

brownellewoods wrote:
Yeah I was getting the same vibe from the email as well. If I don't hear anything in a month or so I was planning on checking in/sending another letter showing my interest but as of now I agree anything might be annoying.
DON'T DO THAT. I know law school blogs suggest doing that, so I asked the UF admissions people directly and the person actually sighed and said something like, "oh god no... please don't do that".

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Yankees27champions

New

Post by Yankees27champions » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:56 am

brownellewoods wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
DON'T DO THAT. I know law school blogs suggest doing that, so I asked the UF admissions people directly and the person actually sighed and said something like, "oh god no... please don't do that".
Well that's really good to know, thanks hahah

MOLaw

New

Post by MOLaw » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Another day without any updates over here. I think I'll call on Monday to see if I can get a better idea of whats going on unless I hear from them before then.

Orlandocity

New

Post by Orlandocity » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:08 pm

MOLaw wrote:Another day without any updates over here. I think I'll call on Monday to see if I can get a better idea of whats going on unless I hear from them before then.

Same here...so much for mid April...then mid to late April, what's next? I'm so sick of this.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:03 pm

brownellewoods wrote:Pretty sure 4/28 is the big day guys.
I'm quoting myself to see if my research skills are on point.... lets see if 4/28 really is the big day!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

intlbr

Bronze

Post by intlbr » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:50 am

brownellewoods wrote:
I'm quoting myself to see if my research skills are on point.... lets see if 4/28 really is the big day!
Let's hope you're right. Although I think this might be a huge rejection wave :(

darthlawyer

Bronze

Post by darthlawyer » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:13 am

intlbr wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
Let's hope you're right. Although I think this might be a huge rejection wave :(

Yeah as they are about to run out the door for the weekend.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:33 am

intlbr wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
Called them (I've been doing that a lot lately, yikes) and when I asked about future waves they actually changed their robotic response of "mid to late April response" to "anytime today until the beginning of classes" .... so I don't know what to expect anymore :shock:

But granted, if they don't do a wave today lots of applicants are going to get angry assuming they do not work weekends and April is over. The WL has until May one to make up their minds though, so it would surprise me if they make mass decisions before then. Please prove me wrong UF lol.

law1993

New

Post by law1993 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:41 am

brownellewoods wrote:
intlbr wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
Called them (I've been doing that a lot lately, yikes) and when I asked about future waves they actually changed their robotic response of "mid to late April response" to "anytime today until the beginning of classes" .... so I don't know what to expect anymore :shock:

But granted, if they don't do a wave today lots of applicants are going to get angry assuming they do not work weekends and April is over. The WL has until May one to make up their minds though, so it would surprise me if they make mass decisions before then. Please prove me wrong UF lol.
Fingers crossed that we hear something today! I'd just like to knew so I can put an end to the speculating. That's odd they changed their response. "Anytime today until the beginning of classes..." just sounds like a waitlist response. I don't understand why they didn't just waitlist us as well, or reject us as soon as they knew. Seems harsh to just keep holding out a rejection :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:07 pm

law1993 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
intlbr wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:

Fingers crossed that we hear something today! I'd just like to knew so I can put an end to the speculating. That's odd they changed their response. "Anytime today until the beginning of classes..." just sounds like a waitlist response. I don't understand why they didn't just waitlist us as well, or reject us as soon as they knew. Seems harsh to just keep holding out a rejection :(
If you browse through LSN, its not atypical to see UF hold out some rejections until as late as 08/01 in previous years.... they aren't kidding about the waves going out till classes about to start. :roll:

MOLaw

New

Post by MOLaw » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:00 pm

brownellewoods wrote:
law1993 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
intlbr wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:

If you browse through LSN, its not atypical to see UF hold out some rejections until as late as 08/01 in previous years.... they aren't kidding about the waves going out till classes about to start. :roll:
I called them too! They were really nice this time around though, so its so hard to be mad at them. I know its probably pure chaos over there. The woman told me that they would be releasing more decisions "any day now", which doesn't tell me much. She also told me that decisions are made based on when your application was completed. I don't think that is 100% true, as some who have applied after me are getting decisions (albeit waitlists) prior to me.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:17 pm

lol no update for me today. At least I can spend the next 2 days not obsessed with checking ASO 8)

mjw36

New

Post by mjw36 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:01 pm

brownellewoods wrote:lol no update for me today. At least I can spend the next 2 days not obsessed with checking ASO 8)
I check this at least twice on Sundays just out of habit.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Mon May 01, 2017 10:46 am

I will not check ASO every 5 mins.

aaaaand the weekday struggle continues lol. there better be a second wave today :evil:

mjw36

New

Post by mjw36 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:53 am

brownellewoods wrote:I will not check ASO every 5 mins.

aaaaand the weekday struggle continues lol. there better be a second wave today :evil:
I really hope so. It is getting to the point where I will have to happen soon. Just give me some kind of news, UF.

mjw36

New

Post by mjw36 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:56 am

mjw36 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:I will not check ASO every 5 mins.

I really hope so. It is getting to the point where I will have to happen soon. Just give me some kind of news, UF.
Not going to call the admissions office today. It's not helping. I've set a personal deadline and if they don't let me know by Thursday I'm going to another school.

darthlawyer

Bronze

Post by darthlawyer » Mon May 01, 2017 11:38 am

I'm cold. And hungry.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MOLaw

New

Post by MOLaw » Mon May 01, 2017 11:53 am

On the brightside, if we don't hear anything this week Friday is Cinco de Mayo. We can numb our admissions cycle blues with margaritas and Mexican food.

I've been doing that a little too much this cycle. :oops:

lomp123

New

Post by lomp123 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:57 am

Does anyone know if UF cares about visits? I got waitlisted last Monday and was thinking about visiting the school to help get me off.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Mon May 01, 2017 11:58 am

darthlawyer wrote:I'm cold. And hungry.
tell admissions you're on a hunger strike until the next movement.

brownellewoods

New

Post by brownellewoods » Mon May 01, 2017 12:02 pm

lomp123 wrote:Does anyone know if UF cares about visits? I got waitlisted last Monday and was thinking about visiting the school to help get me off.
Do they? I visited them last year and even wrote about it in my "Why UF?" essay and all I got was a WL lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”