WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Final Poll - What's your status?

Dinged :(
3%
Waitlisted - Withdrew
No votes
Waitlisted - Riding it Out
21%
Admitted - Withdrew
26%
Admitted - Attending!
27%
Still Waiting on a Decision
22%

Total votes: 91

somedeadman

Bronze

Re: WUSTL C/O 2020 (2016-2017) Applicants

Post by somedeadman » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:54 pm

gwillygecko wrote:Logged in and withdrew a few minutes ago. It was hard to do because I really enjoyed my visit in February and it is a good school. But in the end I didnt want to live in st louis for 3 years, among other reasons.

Best of luck to everyone going there, and maybe this will open up a spot for somebody!
Mind explaining why you don't want to live in STL?

gwillygecko

Bronze

Post by gwillygecko » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:22 am

its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:42 am

Just withdrew from the waitlist. I had mostly applied in hopes of a scholarship offer for negotiation purposes. Since that wasn't going to happen from the waitlist, no point in riding it out.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:12 am

The only school that I have yet to hear from (applied late October)... :roll:

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:50 pm

Last poll from me for the cycle is up. Hit me up if you need something in the OP. Good luck to everyone waiting still. I think the destination thread is up for anyone who is attending.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:04 pm

gwillygecko wrote:its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.
Gotcha. I live there, so it's always interesting to hear an outsider perspective

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:11 pm

somedeadman wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:its in the middle of nowhere a million miles away from home i guess? haha.
Gotcha. I live there, so it's always interesting to hear an outsider perspective
No offense, I hear the main parts of St. Louis are awesome. But on the east coast, people usually crap on Baltimore/Newark/Camden as being a warzone but the fact that St. Louis* has higher crime rates than all of those three is alarming.

*not even counting East St. Louis.

somedeadman

Bronze

Post by somedeadman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
No offense, I hear the main parts of St. Louis are awesome. But on the east coast, people usually crap on Baltimore/Newark/Camden as being a warzone but the fact that St. Louis* has higher crime rates than all of those three is alarming.

That's fair (and we are deservedly crapped on often for it). With that said, the most dangerous parts of the city are pretty far away from WashU

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:20 pm

somedeadman wrote:

lived in baltimore, only visited st. louis but tbh st. louis is nowhere near baltimore. fwiw i walked all throughout st. louis (literally 14 miles) and never once felt unsafe. couldn't do that in baltimore. i'm a rather diminutive female too so im generally quite aware of my surroundings in protection. also in defense of baltimore it wasnt always a warzone :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:30 pm

somedeadman wrote:
somedeadman wrote:

That's fair (and we are deservedly crapped on often for it). With that said, the most dangerous parts of the city are pretty far away from WashU
Haha yeah that's true. I was just talking about St. Louis' rep as a whole but the area around Wash U is pretty nice.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:33 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
somedeadman wrote:

lived in baltimore, only visited st. louis but tbh st. louis is nowhere near baltimore. fwiw i walked all throughout st. louis (literally 14 miles) and never once felt unsafe. couldn't do that in baltimore. i'm a rather diminutive female too so im generally quite aware of my surroundings in protection. also in defense of baltimore it wasnt always a warzone :wink:
Wow that's surprising and good to know!

My guess is that STL might have a few REALLY bad areas and the rest are pretty nice, whereas in baltimore, the bad areas are pretty evenly distributed thoughout. I've been to Bmore many times and the area near Camden Yards is not bad or super shady, depending on which way you turn haha

gizmo1024

Bronze

Post by gizmo1024 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:45 pm

WashU was the first school to accept me, so I felt sad declining their offer yesterday. Good luck to all!

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:28 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
somedeadman wrote:

My guess is that STL might have a few REALLY bad areas and the rest are pretty nice, whereas in baltimore, the bad areas are pretty evenly distributed thoughout. I've been to Bmore many times and the area near Camden Yards is not bad or super shady, depending on which way you turn haha
Yea I agree. I did my first year of uni there and they literally take you on a "safety walk" as part of orientation and show you the "boundaries". sobering for an 18 y/o [at the time] small town california gal... and yea camden yard/inner harbor/fell's point is all considered the 'nice' part but i wasn't living there ha

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ChambanaMan

New

Post by ChambanaMan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Would taking the June LSAT help with scholarship negotiation or would that be too late?

speedofthought

New

Post by speedofthought » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:01 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
somedeadman wrote:

Yea I agree. I did my first year of uni there and they literally take you on a "safety walk" as part of orientation and show you the "boundaries". sobering for an 18 y/o [at the time] small town california gal... and yea camden yard/inner harbor/fell's point is all considered the 'nice' part but i wasn't living there ha
I just visited and was surprised by how safe the city felt given the crime stats. The part of town that the school is in, including the neighborhoods where most of the law students live and the neighborhoods adjacent to Forest Park, all looked safe, and I personally walked through the Delmar Loop, Central West End, campus, and the park and felt extremely comfortable. It's actually a charming and fantastic area, with the park anchoring in a ton of culture (and the zoo and museums are freeeee!) and walkable directly from campus (it's immediately adjacent), and the neighborhoods bringing in different flavors.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:52 am

speedofthought wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
somedeadman wrote:

I just visited and was surprised by how safe the city felt given the crime stats. The part of town that the school is in, including the neighborhoods where most of the law students live and the neighborhoods adjacent to Forest Park, all looked safe, and I personally walked through the Delmar Loop, Central West End, campus, and the park and felt extremely comfortable. It's actually a charming and fantastic area, with the park anchoring in a ton of culture (and the zoo and museums are freeeee!) and walkable directly from campus (it's immediately adjacent), and the neighborhoods bringing in different flavors.
Central West End is so cute and could be anywhere-- definitely could picture myself there. IMO, the Loop is still a little ghetto but with some cute spots.

Jlyyep

New

Post by Jlyyep » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:44 am

Just checking, who here was held? And does anyone know what the prospects are for getting an admit from that?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:47 pm

WUSTL post your 2016 ABA stats plz.

raeofsunshine

New

Post by raeofsunshine » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:51 pm

What day is/was the first seat deposit due?

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:52 pm

raeofsunshine wrote:What day is/was the first seat deposit due?
last saturday

raeofsunshine

New

Post by raeofsunshine » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:54 pm

amta wrote:
raeofsunshine wrote:What day is/was the first seat deposit due?
last saturday
Thanks! Waitlisted btw - just trying to figure out when to send my LOCI

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

littlekidlover

New

Post by littlekidlover » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:46 am

bitter_melon wrote:WUSTL post your 2016 ABA stats plz.
dat big law bump tho. definitely feeling more optimistic about WUSTL now!

http://law.wustl.edu/career_services/em ... y-2017.pdf

JordanLaw15

New

Post by JordanLaw15 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Anybody get a response to a negotiation for an increase in scholarship?

njdevils327

Bronze

Post by njdevils327 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Put in my seat deposit today finally.

baseballfan660

Bronze

Post by baseballfan660 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:33 am

njdevils327 wrote:Put in my seat deposit today finally.
did you have an extension or were accepted late? Can you just depsosit 10 days after the deadline? That's pretty sick.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”