Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why are you applying to Cornell?

It's my top choice
28
10%
It's in my top 3
41
15%
It's in my top 5
45
16%
Because it's T14
138
50%
Because I have nothing else to do
20
7%
Other
3
1%
 
Total votes: 275

User avatar
addie1412
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:57 pm

bartlettadmin wrote:Anyone have an estimate as to how long after interview/UR2 you should get a decision? I interviews last Friday and my UR status date changed yesterday


Interviewed 12/14, UR status changed to 12/19, nothing since then.

LawTweet
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LawTweet » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:02 pm

addie1412 wrote:
bartlettadmin wrote:Anyone have an estimate as to how long after interview/UR2 you should get a decision? I interviews last Friday and my UR status date changed yesterday


Interviewed 12/14, UR status changed to 12/19, nothing since then.


Similar boat. I also have exactly median GPA and LSAT above 75th.

Chipotle85
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:13 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Chipotle85 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:04 pm

We actually have to pay for the CSS application? As if it weren't annoying enough already

Rubbishdump
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Rubbishdump » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm

In via phone call yesterday, but no status update or email yet today. Know that I shouldn't, but starting to get anxious

LawSchoolTitan
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LawSchoolTitan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Rubbishdump wrote:In via phone call yesterday, but no status update or email yet today. Know that I shouldn't, but starting to get anxious


Congrats! I got accepted on a Wednesday and didn't get the email until Friday ... I was anxious all the way up to that point

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:52 pm

LawSchoolTitan wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:In via phone call yesterday, but no status update or email yet today. Know that I shouldn't, but starting to get anxious


Congrats! I got accepted on a Wednesday and didn't get the email until Friday ... I was anxious all the way up to that point


Come on...BU doesn't send out emails until like 3 weeks after the call hahah

ldlestrange
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ldlestrange » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Whelp, reserved via status checker just now.

User avatar
Sarastro
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sarastro » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:50 pm

addie1412 wrote:
bartlettadmin wrote:Anyone have an estimate as to how long after interview/UR2 you should get a decision? I interviews last Friday and my UR status date changed yesterday


Interviewed 12/14, UR status changed to 12/19, nothing since then.

Interviewed 12/21, status still says interview requested. :?

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 pm

Sarastro wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
bartlettadmin wrote:Anyone have an estimate as to how long after interview/UR2 you should get a decision? I interviews last Friday and my UR status date changed yesterday


Interviewed 12/14, UR status changed to 12/19, nothing since then.

Interviewed 12/21, status still says interview requested. :?


Interviewed on the same date and mine also still says interviewed requested as well.

User avatar
addie1412
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby addie1412 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
bartlettadmin wrote:Anyone have an estimate as to how long after interview/UR2 you should get a decision? I interviews last Friday and my UR status date changed yesterday


Interviewed 12/14, UR status changed to 12/19, nothing since then.

Interviewed 12/21, status still says interview requested. :?


Interviewed on the same date and mine also still says interviewed requested as well.


yeah, mine says "interview requested" as well. it's not a ding yet!

User avatar
bartlettadmin
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bartlettadmin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:40 pm

addie1412 wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
bartlettadmin wrote:Anyone have an estimate as to how long after interview/UR2 you should get a decision? I interviews last Friday and my UR status date changed yesterday


Interviewed 12/14, UR status changed to 12/19, nothing since then.

Interviewed 12/21, status still says interview requested. :?


Interviewed on the same date and mine also still says interviewed requested as well.


yeah, mine says "interview requested" as well. it's not a ding yet!


Yeah mine still says that too but the status date changed. I briefly got excited but I guess it doesn't mean anything

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:41 pm

bartlettadmin wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Sarastro wrote:
addie1412 wrote:
bartlettadmin wrote:Anyone have an estimate as to how long after interview/UR2 you should get a decision? I interviews last Friday and my UR status date changed yesterday


Interviewed 12/14, UR status changed to 12/19, nothing since then.

Interviewed 12/21, status still says interview requested. :?


Interviewed on the same date and mine also still says interviewed requested as well.


yeah, mine says "interview requested" as well. it's not a ding yet!


Yeah mine still says that too but the status date changed. I briefly got excited but I guess it doesn't mean anything


God dammit now we all have to go check our status checkers too hahah

User avatar
Litt1tUp
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Litt1tUp » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Hey! First Post! Finally decided to join this forum! I was accepted mid December, anyone planning on going to ASW? If so, which one are you going to? the April 14th one seems too close to the deadline to submit the deposit....

Keilz
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:Hey! First Post! Finally decided to join this forum! I was accepted mid December, anyone planning on going to ASW? If so, which one are you going to? the April 14th one seems too close to the deadline to submit the deposit....


Yeah I just noticed that yesterday it's the day before the deadline. But dukes is on the same day in march so idk what people usually do

User avatar
Litt1tUp
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Litt1tUp » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Keilz wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:Hey! First Post! Finally decided to join this forum! I was accepted mid December, anyone planning on going to ASW? If so, which one are you going to? the April 14th one seems too close to the deadline to submit the deposit....


Yeah I just noticed that yesterday it's the day before the deadline. But dukes is on the same day in march so idk what people usually do


I guess its a little easier decision when you get waitlisted to Duke lol (the wounds are fresh)

Chipotle85
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:13 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Chipotle85 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Admitted peeps, you guys mailed the Cornell scholarship application to the school correct? Just making sure

User avatar
airwrecka
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Anyone else impressed/astounded by the "Big Red Book" (I think that's what they call it?) you got in your admit packet? All I could think was "how much does it cost to print these? tuition could be reduced if they didn't send these out..."

User avatar
Leliana
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Leliana » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Chipotle85 wrote:Admitted peeps, you guys mailed the Cornell scholarship application to the school correct? Just making sure


I sent mine as a PDF via email to the financial aid email address listed on the form.

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 2354
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:32 pm

airwrecka wrote:Anyone else impressed/astounded by the "Big Red Book" (I think that's what they call it?) you got in your admit packet? All I could think was "how much does it cost to print these? tuition could be reduced if they didn't send these out..."


Pretty sure they send them to every admitted school from every program... could just be confirmed students at the UG level, but I don't recall. That said, yeah... def not cheap.

User avatar
airwrecka
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:33 pm

34iplaw wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Anyone else impressed/astounded by the "Big Red Book" (I think that's what they call it?) you got in your admit packet? All I could think was "how much does it cost to print these? tuition could be reduced if they didn't send these out..."


Pretty sure they send them to every admitted school from every program... could just be confirmed students at the UG level, but I don't recall.


That may be true, but it just seems excessive to me. After you've decided where you're going (whether it's to Cornell or elsewhere), you'll probably never look at it again...

User avatar
call-me-bubbles
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:36 pm

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 2354
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:42 pm

airwrecka wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Anyone else impressed/astounded by the "Big Red Book" (I think that's what they call it?) you got in your admit packet? All I could think was "how much does it cost to print these? tuition could be reduced if they didn't send these out..."


Pretty sure they send them to every admitted school from every program... could just be confirmed students at the UG level, but I don't recall.


That may be true, but it just seems excessive to me. After you've decided where you're going (whether it's to Cornell or elsewhere), you'll probably never look at it again...


Yeah - it is fairly excessive, but, in the end, it's probably a drop in the bucket compared to what the education costs. I think it'd probably look worse if you only got a letter saying, "You're in. Dope." I suppose it is to make you feel more special for getting in.

I remember as an UG I'd get really irritated because of NetPrint... like it makes sense to discourage abuse or waste, but there's something about being charged to print when you are already paying an absurdly high amount for tuition... especially when the preloaded amount was not nearly enough to cover anything near what a typical student would print.

Keilz
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Keilz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:43 pm

34iplaw wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Anyone else impressed/astounded by the "Big Red Book" (I think that's what they call it?) you got in your admit packet? All I could think was "how much does it cost to print these? tuition could be reduced if they didn't send these out..."


Pretty sure they send them to every admitted school from every program... could just be confirmed students at the UG level, but I don't recall.


That may be true, but it just seems excessive to me. After you've decided where you're going (whether it's to Cornell or elsewhere), you'll probably never look at it again...


Yeah - it is fairly excessive, but, in the end, it's probably a drop in the bucket compared to what the education costs. I think it'd probably look worse if you only got a letter saying, "You're in. Dope." I suppose it is to make you feel more special for getting in.

I remember as an UG I'd get really irritated because of NetPrint... like it makes sense to discourage abuse or waste, but there's something about being charged to print when you are already paying an absurdly high amount for tuition... especially when the preloaded amount was not nearly enough to cover anything near what a typical student would print.


I also was reading in the acceptance letter that the book is intended to be taken with you to school as a reference all 3 yrs

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 2354
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Keilz wrote:I also was reading in the acceptance letter that the book is intended to be taken with you to school as a reference all 3 yrs


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chipotle85
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:13 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Chipotle85 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:50 pm

34iplaw wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Anyone else impressed/astounded by the "Big Red Book" (I think that's what they call it?) you got in your admit packet? All I could think was "how much does it cost to print these? tuition could be reduced if they didn't send these out..."


Pretty sure they send them to every admitted school from every program... could just be confirmed students at the UG level, but I don't recall.


That may be true, but it just seems excessive to me. After you've decided where you're going (whether it's to Cornell or elsewhere), you'll probably never look at it again...


Yeah - it is fairly excessive, but, in the end, it's probably a drop in the bucket compared to what the education costs. I think it'd probably look worse if you only got a letter saying, "You're in. Dope." I suppose it is to make you feel more special for getting in.

I remember as an UG I'd get really irritated because of NetPrint... like it makes sense to discourage abuse or waste, but there's something about being charged to print when you are already paying an absurdly high amount for tuition... especially when the preloaded amount was not nearly enough to cover anything near what a typical student would print.

Would be down for a "You're in, dope" message.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aug9, bbmayes, dasq5511, derekne, dorothy17, jza1994, Keilz, Lukky, malysh, muggleclutch, nikimiller42, nkbee, renc56, ssolli, theothercat, XUMickeal and 30 guests