Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you heard back from Cornell?

YES AND I AM GOING
24%
Yes, but still deciding
21%
Yes, but not going
14%
No :(
7%
No, but I already committed to somewhere else
No votes
Waitlisted
21%
I don't know why I'm here
13%

Total votes: 107

baseballfan660

Bronze

Re: Cornell c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by baseballfan660 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Rubbishdump wrote:
charles117 wrote:.
can you pm what you said here? missed it.
Same can you pm this as well

kotleta

New

Post by kotleta » Wed May 10, 2017 5:58 pm

baseballfan660 wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:
Me too please!

kotleta

New

Post by kotleta » Wed May 10, 2017 5:59 pm

So I emailed admissions today and asked for updates about reserve group and they said they'll look more closely at the reserve applicants after their second deposit deadline of May 15th.

sfn91

Bronze

Post by sfn91 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:22 pm

kotleta wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:
Me too please!
Me 3 pretty please!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed May 10, 2017 10:05 pm

kotleta wrote:So I emailed admissions today and asked for updates about reserve group and they said they'll look more closely at the reserve applicants after their second deposit deadline of May 15th.
Yeah, they emailed me to let me email them on the May 16th. I have no idea what this even means...I guess they already know someone is withdrawing?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Wed May 10, 2017 11:37 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
kotleta wrote:So I emailed admissions today and asked for updates about reserve group and they said they'll look more closely at the reserve applicants after their second deposit deadline of May 15th.
Yeah, they emailed me to let me email them on the May 16th. I have no idea what this even means...I guess they already know someone is withdrawing?
I think it simply means they will have a clear(er) picture on May 16 and thus a better answer for you then. Seems like the second half of May would see more WL action than the first half did.

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Fri May 12, 2017 11:59 pm

sfn91 wrote:
kotleta wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:
Me too please!
Me 3 pretty please!
I wanna know now too, please.

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Sat May 13, 2017 12:03 am

Nightwing wrote:
sfn91 wrote:
kotleta wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:
Me too please!
Me 3 pretty please!
I wanna know now too, please.
I think this is on me with my reaction. What happened was simply this: It seemed like the second deposit date had moved to June 1. That's what I said whoa to. But the date hasn't changed.

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Sat May 13, 2017 12:12 am

freekick wrote:I think this is on me with my reaction. What happened was simply this: It seemed like the second deposit date had moved to June 1. That's what I said whoa to. But the date hasn't changed.
lol, and I was over here wondering if someone's offer got withdrawn.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Sat May 13, 2017 12:18 am

Lavitz wrote:
freekick wrote:I think this is on me with my reaction. What happened was simply this: It seemed like the second deposit date had moved to June 1. That's what I said whoa to. But the date hasn't changed.
lol, and I was over here wondering if someone's offer got withdrawn.
:D The whoa came from the possible impact of date change on WL movement at Cornell and elsewhere. Haha.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon May 15, 2017 10:28 pm

Any movement on the waitlist front at Cornell? A few people were told to email on May 16th.

Rubbishdump

Bronze

Post by Rubbishdump » Tue May 16, 2017 9:35 am

Hoping we get net ids, get to do loan stuff soon

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:34 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue May 16, 2017 11:09 pm

chargers21 wrote:Confirmed waitlist action today. Gauging interest in attending, with a deadline to respond. Not sure if it's a soft acceptance
Would you attend? :-0

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:48 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed May 17, 2017 1:59 am

Was sent a feeler email a week ago, and got in today via email! There was a short informal email first, and later they followed up with the formal admission letter.

edit: I misread their letter, and I actually have three weeks to decide. And I have no idea about the money situation, and I will email them to have a better idea. Apparently, you have to go through a formal application process.
Last edited by melmelcoolj on Wed May 17, 2017 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Wed May 17, 2017 2:03 am

melmelcoolj wrote:Was sent a feeler email a week ago, and got in today via email! There was a short informal email first, and later they followed up with the formal admission letter. They are giving me three days to decide, so I think maybe no $?
Congratulations. Why don't you instantly write back asking if no $$ already or will it follow after acceptance a la HLS (unlikely though)?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Post by BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Wed May 17, 2017 2:12 am

chargers21 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Confirmed waitlist action today. Gauging interest in attending, with a deadline to respond. Not sure if it's a soft acceptance
for enough money I would attend any t13 school, so I'm a bit worried about what kind of money they might be willing to offer and whether it will change my plans. It seems like I may have been the only TLSer to receive this message as no one else has posted anything today. My numbers are 100% acceptance on LSN so I was possibly YP'd, but it could turn out that they are willing to pay for me to attend at this point since I would help their stats
Congrats on that. But I feel Cornell has achieved its target medians and that's why it has been giving admits to URMs with below median numbers. I feel they are looking to build a strong and diverse class. Everyone getting in now are people Cornell sees as strong applicants irrespective of numbers. That's what I feel. Could be wrong. But I feel you should not expect money because of higher numbers. Don't mean to say you won't get money.
All the best !!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed May 17, 2017 3:08 am

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
for enough money I would attend any t13 school, so I'm a bit worried about what kind of money they might be willing to offer and whether it will change my plans. It seems like I may have been the only TLSer to receive this message as no one else has posted anything today. My numbers are 100% acceptance on LSN so I was possibly YP'd, but it could turn out that they are willing to pay for me to attend at this point since I would help their stats
Congrats on that. But I feel Cornell has achieved its target medians and that's why it has been giving admits to URMs with below median numbers. I feel they are looking to build a strong and diverse class. Everyone getting in now are people Cornell sees as strong applicants irrespective of numbers. That's what I feel. Could be wrong. But I feel you should not expect money because of higher numbers. Don't mean to say you won't get money.
All the best !!
Hmm, I am not URM. I suppose their situation has changed a bit after the second deposit deadline, and they are cherry picking high numbers in LSAT or GPA?

baseballfan660

Bronze

Post by baseballfan660 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:02 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
All the best !!
Hmm, I am not URM. I suppose their situation has changed a bit after the second deposit deadline, and they are cherry picking high numbers in LSAT or GPA?
Congrats !!! do you think you will attend or are you leaning towards Duke?

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Wed May 17, 2017 4:11 am

chargers21 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
All the best !!
There are contradictions in what you are saying and you are right in feeling you could be wrong. Also, money is largely based on numbers. So "higher numebrs" is the right and the only objective basis for expecting money.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed May 17, 2017 5:35 am

baseballfan660 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
All the best !!
I am not sure yet, to be honest. I want NYC BigLaw, so I think both are fine for that purpose. I hate to say it, but money might tip me towards one or the other.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed May 17, 2017 6:36 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
All the best !!
I am not sure yet, to be honest. I want NYC BigLaw, so I think both are fine for that purpose. I hate to say it, but money might tip me towards one or the other.
FWIW, I withdrew on May 15 and was at med GPA/75 lsat with money, so I don't think their class is really "set" yet. I wouldn't give up any hope chargers. I feel like Cornell was super prompt about financial aid and negotiations. Good luck!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed May 17, 2017 6:40 am

Thanks Keliz! Congrats on NYU! I am super happy for you.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:55 am

Last edited by chargers21 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”