Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

if waitlisted, are you going to stay on it?

yes, until the very end
45%
yes, but only until July (or something like that)
21%
no
21%
idk???
13%

Total votes: 85

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Re: Yale c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by KateMcKitten » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:05 pm

AndromedaGalaxy wrote:
navylawhopeful wrote:Ok everyone, I visited YLS this week and was able to pick up my YLS snuggie in person. It is as fantastic as advertised (and I am definitely attending now). Sounds like the admissions office is a bit behind this year (it's shocking how few people are involved in reading/sorting all our applications) but snuggies will be sent to all admits this year as in previous years.
I never thought I could feel so covetous of a snuggie.
Not to entice the wrath of pretzel but...what do they look like? Is there a picture somewhere?

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:07 pm

KateMcKitten wrote:
AndromedaGalaxy wrote:
navylawhopeful wrote:Ok everyone, I visited YLS this week and was able to pick up my YLS snuggie in person. It is as fantastic as advertised (and I am definitely attending now). Sounds like the admissions office is a bit behind this year (it's shocking how few people are involved in reading/sorting all our applications) but snuggies will be sent to all admits this year as in previous years.
Not to entice the wrath of pretzel but...what do they look like? Is there a picture somewhere?
don't.......don't do this. to yourself or to us. why???

yale admits are invited to PM kate a pic of their snuggie (wild guess is it's a navy blue snuggie covered with Y's!!!!!!!!!!!!???)

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Post by KateMcKitten » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:12 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
KateMcKitten wrote:
AndromedaGalaxy wrote:
don't.......don't do this. to yourself or to us. why???

yale admits are invited to PM kate a pic of their snuggie (wild guess is it's a navy blue snuggie covered with Y's!!!!!!!!!!!!???)
I'm sorry I'm sadist trash throwing us all into envy spirals. I'm just so curious, as I'll probably never see one in the flesh!

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Soon, dear friends. Soon.

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Pozzo wrote: Soon, dear friends. Soon.
woah! tight! thanks Pozz.

now everyone can stop talking about snuggies and start debating the definition of "early"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:27 pm

pretzeltime wrote:

now everyone can stop talking about snuggies and start debating the definition of "early"

And "most"!

:mrgreen:

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Pozzo wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

And "most"!

lol YUP

also I can't believe they haven't done a damn ding wave given this is the case. sigh

potterotter

Bronze

Post by potterotter » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:34 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnonHumanPerson123

New

Post by AnonHumanPerson123 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Pozzo wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

And "most"!

LOL. Will be interested to see if this bold Twitter-user/hero follows up asking for the definition of "early" and "most."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:36 pm

potterotter wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
also I can't believe they haven't done a damn ding wave given this is the case. sigh
Doing a ding wave early may make it seem like it matters *when* you apply in the process, and Yale really tries to discourage that idea. At least that's how I've always understood their late rejections.
Yeah, except in past years I think they've done them by now/February even.

Not a huge deal buuuuuuuuuuut ya know.

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:36 pm

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

And "most"!

LOL. Will be interested to see if this bold Twitter-user/hero follows up asking for the definition of "early" and "most."
This hero joined just to ask this. I wouldn't put it past him/her. Also, I wonder if this Cretin is one of us...

curry1

Silver

Post by curry1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:39 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

And "most"!

This hero joined just to ask this. I wouldn't put it past him/her. Also, I wonder if this Cretin is one of us...
we're all cretins in the eyes of Y

potterotter

Bronze

Post by potterotter » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:39 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:42 pm

potterotter wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
potterotter wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
Doing a ding wave early may make it seem like it matters *when* you apply in the process, and Yale really tries to discourage that idea. At least that's how I've always understood their late rejections.
Yeah, except in past years I think they've done them by now/February even.

Not a huge deal buuuuuuuuuuut ya know.
I seriously thought most if not all rejections were in April. At least thats how I wrote it down on my spreadsheet.
Just shows how much I know. If you want more Yale admissions theories let me know, I have a few.
My working theory is that it's part Sorting Hat, part Hunger Games, with just a dash of the Council of Elrond.

AndromedaGalaxy

New

Post by AndromedaGalaxy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:43 pm

potterotter wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
I think they also want to obscure which rejected applications went through faculty review and which ones didn't.

potterotter

Bronze

Post by potterotter » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:43 pm

---

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:44 pm

potterotter wrote:
AndromedaGalaxy wrote:
potterotter wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
I think they also want to obscure which rejected applications went through faculty review and which ones didn't.
Great point! Faculty review is at the center of most of my Yale conspiracy/admissions theories.
Let's hear emmmm I love theories

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AnonHumanPerson123

New

Post by AnonHumanPerson123 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:45 pm

potterotter wrote:
AndromedaGalaxy wrote:
potterotter wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
Great point! Faculty review is at the center of most of my Yale conspiracy/admissions theories.
I wonder if they also want to obscure presumptive admits who didn't have to go through faculty review.

potterotter

Bronze

Post by potterotter » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:47 pm

---

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:47 pm

potterotter wrote:
AndromedaGalaxy wrote:
potterotter wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
I wonder if they also want to obscure presumptive admits who didn't have to go through faculty review.
^^ both make a decent bit of sense to me.

Y and (admissions offices in general) can't win for losing, really. I think I'd prefer to just be dinged as soon as I'm out but then again maybe it's more cruel to know you didn't even get to faculty review.

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Does anyone know how many people get waitlisted on average each year?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Post by KateMcKitten » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

And "most"!

Pozzo is the hero we need but don't deserve. So much more nerve than me.

Also: Asha's Twitter is everything I aspire to in my life. Oxford comma loving, cats everywhere, and sassy political commentary.

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:40 pm

KateMcKitten wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

And "most"!

Also: Asha's Twitter is everything I aspire to in my life. Oxford comma loving, cats everywhere, and sassy political commentary.
Oh no, that's not my twitter. I haven't half the nerve to do that.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:00 pm

I can't let myself read Asha's twitter. If I do, I fall in love with her. And then I go read things about Yale and other Yale faculty and I fall in love with the school. But I can't let myself fall in love. And so I have cut myself off. :lol: :lol:

Whittie

Bronze

Post by Whittie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Pozzo wrote:
KateMcKitten wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

And "most"!

Oh no, that's not my twitter. I haven't half the nerve to do that.

You guys should read that whole thread. Someone has some serious cajones, but credit to Asha, she kept answering. Sounds like she's finished reading all her files and FR is almost done. Winter is coming!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”