Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
airwrecka

Silver

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 Applicants - Pending is better than a Penn ding

Post by airwrecka » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Someone who is applying for the Toll scholarship, please tell me you're just answering the video question like an interview and not doing some weird "creative" video. I feel bad because it specifically says to be creative and not just read a script, but I have NO idea how to make a creative 2 minute video that addresses such a specific question. Yes, I know it's due tomorrow so even if I could think of something creative, I don't have time to do it between now and then, but I have been thinking about this for weeks and nothing has come to me :?

lsa16

Bronze

Post by lsa16 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:22 pm

airwrecka wrote:Someone who is applying for the Toll scholarship, please tell me you're just answering the video question like an interview and not doing some weird "creative" video. I feel bad because it specifically says to be creative and not just read a script, but I have NO idea how to make a creative 2 minute video that addresses such a specific question. Yes, I know it's due tomorrow so even if I could think of something creative, I don't have time to do it between now and then, but I have been thinking about this for weeks and nothing has come to me :?
Hello! I am also just doing the video like an interview, no worries....or, if there is something to be worried about, you are at least not alone!

lawlawland16

New

Post by lawlawland16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:56 am

lsa16 wrote:Not to be neurotic but if my 2 min Toll video is less than 1.5 min do you guys think that is acceptable or do I need to get closer to hitting that mark?
I'm sure 1.5 mins of quality footage is more than sufficient!

Did anyone receive a confirmation after submitting their app materials? I feel a bit unsettled after submitting because of the strange format of the survey page :?

lawlawland16

New

Post by lawlawland16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:58 am

lsa16 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Someone who is applying for the Toll scholarship, please tell me you're just answering the video question like an interview and not doing some weird "creative" video. I feel bad because it specifically says to be creative and not just read a script, but I have NO idea how to make a creative 2 minute video that addresses such a specific question. Yes, I know it's due tomorrow so even if I could think of something creative, I don't have time to do it between now and then, but I have been thinking about this for weeks and nothing has come to me :?
Hello! I am also just doing the video like an interview, no worries....or, if there is something to be worried about, you are at least not alone!
Same. My video is SO awkward.

SmallK

Bronze

Post by SmallK » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:00 am

lawlawland16 wrote:
lsa16 wrote:
I figure that trying to do something creative with 0 experience and failing miserably is worse than just doing it like an interview, so I'm right there with y'all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lsa16

Bronze

Post by lsa16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:10 am

lawlawland16 wrote:
lsa16 wrote:
Thank goodness - even just doing it interview style I feel like mine is cringeworthy. Flashbacks to Cornell's automated process

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:43 am

Thank you all for showing me I am not alone! :D I uploaded the video an hour ago and am finishing the questions quick now. I labeled my video as my name and LSAC number, but missed the part on the upload page that said to include your name & LSAC number in the description box as well...I added it while the video was uploading but I don't know if that information saved :? do you think I should email Penn just to double check they can find it?

lawlawland16

New

Post by lawlawland16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:51 am

airwrecka wrote:Thank you all for showing me I am not alone! :D I uploaded the video an hour ago and am finishing the questions quick now. I labeled my video as my name and LSAC number, but missed the part on the upload page that said to include your name & LSAC number in the description box as well...I added it while the video was uploading but I don't know if that information saved :? do you think I should email Penn just to double check they can find it?
Did you follow their formatting guidelines (name/LSAC #) when you named the file before uploading? I would imagine that would be enough, but an e-mail never hurts!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:52 am

lawlawland16 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Thank you all for showing me I am not alone! :D I uploaded the video an hour ago and am finishing the questions quick now. I labeled my video as my name and LSAC number, but missed the part on the upload page that said to include your name & LSAC number in the description box as well...I added it while the video was uploading but I don't know if that information saved :? do you think I should email Penn just to double check they can find it?
Did you follow their formatting guidelines (name/LSAC #) when you named the file before uploading? I would imagine that would be enough, but an e-mail never hurts!
Yes, I did. But you're right--better to be safe than sorry. I'll email them just to be sure :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lsa16

Bronze

Post by lsa16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:18 pm

For those who submitted the Toll, did the form also not let you create separate paragraphs? Everything you type in those boxes just stays in one long line?

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:22 pm

lsa16 wrote:For those who submitted the Toll, did the form also not let you create separate paragraphs? Everything you type in those boxes just stays in one long line?
Yup, that happened to me. I had written out my answers in a Word document ahead of time and just copied and pasted them into the form, so now it just looks like when giant run-on paragraph :roll: Well, they can't complain because we had no choice!

lsa16

Bronze

Post by lsa16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:42 pm

airwrecka wrote:
lsa16 wrote:For those who submitted the Toll, did the form also not let you create separate paragraphs? Everything you type in those boxes just stays in one long line?
Yup, that happened to me. I had written out my answers in a Word document ahead of time and just copied and pasted them into the form, so now it just looks like when giant run-on paragraph :roll: Well, they can't complain because we had no choice!
Thanks!

Officially submitted. Best of luck everyone!

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Submitted too! So glad that video is behind me. :roll: Good luck everyone!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawlawland16

New

Post by lawlawland16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:16 pm

Did anyone get confirmation that their app was received?

Good luck to all who applied!

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:37 pm

lawlawland16 wrote:Did anyone get confirmation that their app was received?

I got confirmation about 30 minutes ago!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:43 pm

I did not get a confirmation initially, but I e-mailed them myself to check on the video and they responded saying they got the video and survey response :)

lawlawland16

New

Post by lawlawland16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:55 pm

airwrecka wrote:

I did not get a confirmation initially, but I e-mailed them myself to check on the video and they responded saying they got the video and survey response :)
Oh no! I did not get one yet and I applied last night. Could you PM me the e-mail address you used? TY!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ayylmao

Silver

Post by ayylmao » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:16 pm

How long are you guys making your Levy essays?

lsa16

Bronze

Post by lsa16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:24 pm

So if we receive scholarships at Penn and have to commit by a specific date, will we have to withdraw from schools where we haven't yet gotten decisions? Eg, I'm not expecting to get into Harvard or Yale, but if I had apps still pending in mid-April would I have to withdraw to commit to a Penn scholarship? Or do you just have to withdraw from other schools you've heard back from?

lsa16

Bronze

Post by lsa16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:24 pm

ayylmao wrote:How long are you guys making your Levy essays?
And I haven't worked on mine yet but was thinking 1-2 pages?

bleakchimera2

New

Post by bleakchimera2 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:35 pm

lsa16 wrote:
ayylmao wrote:How long are you guys making your Levy essays?
And I haven't worked on mine yet but was thinking 1-2 pages?
Same on both points. I looked at the one sentence "prompt" yesterday and was like lolnah. They said brevity so I'm leaning towards one page, esp since I haven't come up with anything good to say and I don't believe I'm actually competitive for it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

noroomfordoubt

New

Post by noroomfordoubt » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Did anyone who applied for Toll get an indication of when they will be letting us know if we get an interview?

lsa16

Bronze

Post by lsa16 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:30 pm

noroomfordoubt wrote:Did anyone who applied for Toll get an indication of when they will be letting us know if we get an interview?
No, noticeably absent from confirmation email

Nadia

New

Post by Nadia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:40 am

Checking in. (Long time lurker)
I applied on 11/12, complete 11/17, accepted 1/24.
25<LSAT, 75<GPA

I also applied for the Toll Public Interest Scholarship. Good luck to everyone who applied!

ohgosh

New

Post by ohgosh » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Any idea when we can expect another wave of decisions for admission to come out? I applied in early November and still haven't heard back.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”