UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What does everyone want to do and where do they wanna do it?

Biglaw!! $$$
28%
Public Interest #Berkeley
20%
Government
10%
Other location (Not NE, midwest, south or Cali)
2%
California
17%
NYC
9%
DC
5%
Other North East
2%
Midwest
3%
South
3%

Total votes: 418

lilikoillama

New

Re: UC Berkeley School of Law C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by lilikoillama » Mon May 01, 2017 3:11 pm

For my fellow "held" people, anyone heard any news?

Has anyone checked their status checker and seen any date changes? I'm getting antsy :shock:

ColombiaConfused

New

Post by ColombiaConfused » Mon May 01, 2017 11:17 pm

Withdrew - good luck y'all!! :D

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Mon May 01, 2017 11:58 pm

lilikoillama wrote:For my fellow "held" people, anyone heard any news?

Has anyone checked their status checker and seen any date changes? I'm getting antsy :shock:
No but I'm getting impatient here!

grandesoylatte

New

Post by grandesoylatte » Tue May 02, 2017 12:17 pm

is anyone else STILL waiting for financial aid info? Was accepted in February and still waiting

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Post by Litt1tUp » Tue May 02, 2017 12:20 pm

grandesoylatte wrote:is anyone else STILL waiting for financial aid info? Was accepted in February and still waiting
Did you get the email to check my finances on calcentral? If so, that's the email stating that's your final offer from what I was told.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lilikoillama

New

Post by lilikoillama » Tue May 02, 2017 3:46 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:

Me too! What are they waiting for? so many deadlines have passed, they must have some idea of who is committing or who withdrew for other schools :cry:

emlaw03

New

Post by emlaw03 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:53 pm

lilikoillama wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:

Me too! What are they waiting for? so many deadlines have passed, they must have some idea of who is committing or who withdrew for other schools :cry:
Just spoke with admissions (for a different reason), but they said their next deadline to accept scholarships is 5/4...so hopefully their will be movement after that!

grandesoylatte

New

Post by grandesoylatte » Tue May 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Last edited by grandesoylatte on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:37 pm

anyone have any news on what the inside scoop on waitlist movement will be?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Mon May 08, 2017 1:13 am

jackstraw92 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Berkeley has not updated their website since ending the matching scholarship program, and the information on how to apply for scholarship reconsideration seems outdated, with the email still being matching@law.berkeley.edu. Anyone have any insight on this front?
They explained this at ASW - the matching scholarship program has ended but it's basically been replaced by the "scholarship reconsideration" process, which still uses the same matching@law.berkeley.edu email account. It was pretty clear they expect that admits will attach peer offers when they make reconsideration requests, and you have to give a specific amount of aid you're asking for.
Do you know what the ceiling of the scholarship reconsideration is?

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Many thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions

lilikoillama

New

Post by lilikoillama » Mon May 08, 2017 4:11 pm

charles117 wrote:Dear ,

I write to inform you that there is a possibility (but not a certainty) that some admission offers will be extended in the coming weeks. Therefore, it would help me to know if you already have made other plans for next year. If this is the case, please reply to this email by the end of business on Friday, May 12, and I will remove your application from consideration. However, if you wish to remain an active applicant and believe that it is possible you may accept an admission offer, then there is nothing further you need to do.

I apologize that I cannot provide more information on the possible number of offers or even if and when they may occur. Unfortunately, the science of class-size management has many variables. You may be assured that we will act in as timely a manner as possible.

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions
very confused. I'm one of the applicants still on "hold" and just got this email as well....so were the hold people basically WLs?

Ashcashbgash

New

Post by Ashcashbgash » Mon May 08, 2017 4:16 pm

lilikoillama wrote:

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions
very confused. I'm one of the applicants still on "hold" and just got this email as well....so were the hold people basically WLs?
I got the email too and I was "on hold". I think "on hold" is interchangeable with "waitlist" for UC Berkeley.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lilikoillama

New

Post by lilikoillama » Mon May 08, 2017 4:20 pm

Ashcashbgash wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions
I got the email too and I was "on hold". I think "on hold" is interchangeable with "waitlist" for UC Berkeley.
I wonder what our ranking in the waitlist is then, since we never got quartile rankings like the normal waitlist did.

rwajo12

New

Post by rwajo12 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:08 pm

lilikoillama wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions
I wonder what our ranking in the waitlist is then, since we never got quartile rankings like the normal waitlist did.
A few ppl on the earlier threads had said that hold was slightly higher since we hadn't been given an admission decision to begin with. But on the other hand, we still can get waitlisted. I thought only hold ppl got the email no?

lilikoillama

New

Post by lilikoillama » Mon May 08, 2017 5:19 pm

rwajo12 wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions
A few ppl on the earlier threads had said that hold was slightly higher since we hadn't been given an admission decision to begin with. But on the other hand, we still can get waitlisted. I thought only hold ppl got the email no?
Nope, it seems like everyone got it. Hold people + all waitlist people too. I'm hoping we're higher. I'm over here like, of course I'm still interested Berk, i never got a decision in the first place! :cry:

rwajo12

New

Post by rwajo12 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:31 pm

lilikoillama wrote:
rwajo12 wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
lilikoillama wrote:

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions
Nope, it seems like everyone got it. Hold people + all waitlist people too. I'm hoping we're higher. I'm over here like, of course I'm still interested Berk, i never got a decision in the first place! :cry:
From what I've just read on different sites, hold is somewhat higher.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

heyya0909

New

Post by heyya0909 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Did anyone who applied to housing hear back?

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Mon May 08, 2017 11:08 pm

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions
Received as well. Fingers crossed I get in....it's my dream school

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue May 09, 2017 12:06 am

I just declined my offer :'(

rwajo12

New

Post by rwajo12 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:00 am

kaptainkeepa wrote:

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions
So if we are still interested we don't reply right?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FEDRESRV

New

Post by FEDRESRV » Tue May 09, 2017 11:58 am

rwajo12 wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:

Sincerely,

Edward Tom
Dean of Admissions
So if we are still interested we don't reply right?
Right

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Keilz wrote:I just declined my offer :'(
Duke? :D

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Post by Litt1tUp » Tue May 09, 2017 12:59 pm

For anyone held or on the waitlist -

In the Facebook group we have 232 members, I think a handful are current students so maybe 222 admits, and of course there might be some admits who haven't joined. They aim to have a class of 270 incoming students and 30 LLMs from what I was told.

So there looks to be 40-50 spots open, pending upon how many admits have accepted and not joined the fb group.

rwajo12

New

Post by rwajo12 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:29 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:For anyone held or on the waitlist -

In the Facebook group we have 232 members, I think a handful are current students so maybe 222 admits, and of course there might be some admits who haven't joined. They aim to have a class of 270 incoming students and 30 LLMs from what I was told.

So there looks to be 40-50 spots open, pending upon how many admits have accepted and not joined the fb group.
When is the next deposit due date.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”