Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If accepted, how likely are you to attend?

Are you kidding? It's my first choice. Consider my seat deposit sent.
15%
It's high on my list but it's not THE school I'm waiting to hear back from.
27%
It's high on my list, but I can probably be swayed by more money from another school.
25%
Meh... I applied because it's a T14 - we'll see how my cycle goes.
20%
Really just plan on using it for scholarship negotiation purposes.
8%
Still feel really unsure. I'll probably visit or go to ASW to get a better feel for the school/location.
6%

Total votes: 305

caligirl13

New

Re: Michigan c/o 2020 applicants (2016-17)

Post by caligirl13 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:27 pm

intlbr wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:those out there still waiting, does anyone know when we might get a little movement in here?
I'm still waiting! Someone above said they called the Admissions Office and they said all decisions would be out by April 30...

But they must come out with some more decisions before then, one would think...or hope? maybe they are waiting to see the number of withdraws on 4/15?

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:35 pm

caligirl13 wrote:
intlbr wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:those out there still waiting, does anyone know when we might get a little movement in here?
I'm still waiting! Someone above said they called the Admissions Office and they said all decisions would be out by April 30...

But they must come out with some more decisions before then, one would think...or hope? maybe they are waiting to see the number of withdraws on 4/15?
Is 4/15 the deposit deadline?

BoyJord

Bronze

Post by BoyJord » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:37 pm

haley12 wrote:
caligirl13 wrote:
intlbr wrote:

4/30 is the deadline

xandra_v

Bronze

Post by xandra_v » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:37 pm

haley12 wrote:
caligirl13 wrote:
intlbr wrote:

Per the admitted students website, 4/30 is the first deposit deadline for Fall starters (and only one for Summer starters)

caligirl13

New

Post by caligirl13 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:45 pm

xandra_v wrote:
haley12 wrote:
caligirl13 wrote:
intlbr wrote:

Per the admitted students website, 4/30 is the first deposit deadline for Fall starters (and only one for Summer starters)
It is 4/30, but other schools i think are 4/15? When is the one for summer start?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Post by HonestlyThough » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:46 pm

caligirl13 wrote:
xandra_v wrote:
haley12 wrote:
caligirl13 wrote:
intlbr wrote:

It is 4/30, but other schools i think are 4/15? When is the one for summer start?
See above

gargleblaster

Bronze

Post by gargleblaster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:01 pm

:(

Well sorry to say I think this is the end for me and Michigan Law. They just got their scholly beat by Berkeley, and I don't see them coming back with an offer I can accept.

Kinda bummed, since Michigan has been a top choice for a while now and I've been looking into what life would be like in A2.

Oh well - I'll send them a final ask on $$ but my guess is that I won't be seeing y'all in the fall!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Nero21 wrote:
Other than the guy above who said before April 30th, no clue. I wish I knew the deadline for their seat deposit, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Though if I am being honest I am probably too stressed to look for it carefully.
Seat deposit deadline is April 30th.

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:15 pm

gargleblaster wrote::(

Well sorry to say I think this is the end for me and Michigan Law. They just got their scholly beat by Berkeley, and I don't see them coming back with an offer I can accept.

Kinda bummed, since Michigan has been a top choice for a while now and I've been looking into what life would be like in A2.

Oh well - I'll send them a final ask on $$ but my guess is that I won't be seeing y'all in the fall!
As a Michigan native, born and raised, you should rest well knowing that life in Michigan doesn't even come close to how great it is in the bay area.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Post by HonestlyThough » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:16 pm

this surprises me given how stingy berkeley offers are.

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Post by HonestlyThough » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Instrumental wrote:

As a Michigan native, born and raised, you should rest well knowing that life in Michigan doesn't even come close to how great it is in the bay area.
+1
the bay is the best

gargleblaster

Bronze

Post by gargleblaster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:20 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:

this surprises me given how stingy berkeley offers are.
It surprised me too, but I just kept sending them messages saying I like them but i cant come without more $$. Looks like they believed me :)

gargleblaster

Bronze

Post by gargleblaster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:21 pm

Instrumental wrote:

Yeah I was not super looking forward to Michigan (the area) life, but i was pretty pumped about the school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Post by HonestlyThough » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:25 pm

gargleblaster wrote:
Instrumental wrote:

Yeah I was not super looking forward to Michigan (the area) life, but i was pretty pumped about the school.
Michigan is a beautiful school (from the pictures I've seen). I liked berkeley a lot, but their offers top out at about half of what other t13 schools offer (including higher ranked ones). I don't know how they expect to lure students when they don't make competitive offers. Though I guess it worked out in your case!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:23 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:
gargleblaster wrote:
Instrumental wrote:

Michigan is a beautiful school (from the pictures I've seen). I liked berkeley a lot, but their offers top out at about half of what other t13 schools offer (including higher ranked ones). I don't know how they expect to lure students when they don't make competitive offers. Though I guess it worked out in your case!
Michigan gives me Harry Potter vibes lol. If it were in a warmer climate, I'd be even more in love.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:27 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Michigan gives me Harry Potter vibes lol. If it were in a warmer climate, I'd be even more in love.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Keilz wrote:.

To be fair though, essentially none of the T13s (minus dook, maybe) are in warm locations lol.
Last edited by brinicolec on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:29 pm

brinicolec wrote:

To be fair though, essentially none of the T13s (minus dook) are in warm locations lol.
and berk and S

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:30 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

To be fair though, essentially none of the T13s (minus dook) are in warm locations lol.
and berk and S
I completely forgot about Berk. I think it's because they fell so much in the rankings that I thought they fell out :lol: And Stanford was never in my cards so I guess I wasn't thinking about it.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

and berk and S
Seriously. On paper, Berkeley is not right for me. They don't have a lot of focus in what I want to do, and they're the only school that hasn't offered me a scholarship. But, I'm still so hung up on it because of the weather, lifestyle, and location.

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Keilz wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

and berk and S
Seriously. On paper, Berkeley is not right for me. They don't have a lot of focus in what I want to do, and they're the only school that hasn't offered me a scholarship. But, I'm still so hung up on it because of the weather, lifestyle, and location.
yeah B is amazing in a lot of ways but also not amazing in a lot of ways lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Keilz wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

and berk and S
Definitely try not to make a decision based on these things unless you DEFINITELY want to be in Cali post-grad, in which case that might make sense; I honestly never really looked into Berkeley's placement because I can't live in Cali right now. But just keep in mind that many of the T13s grant you some flexibility in where you end up after graduating because they, generally (or maybe completely), have national reach, so you're not doomed to staying in a location just because you go to school there if you go to a T13! I definitely get it though. An urge to have some warm weather had me thinking about going to law school in Florida :lol:

Sarastro

Bronze

Post by Sarastro » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Maybe I'm the only one, but I went to UG in a northern climate and I can't wait to get back. It was like 80F here today. Fuck that noise, it snowed in Michigan last week. I want that shit.

gargleblaster

Bronze

Post by gargleblaster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:39 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Keilz wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

and berk and S
Definitely try not to make a decision based on these things unless you DEFINITELY want to be in Cali post-grad, in which case that might make sense; I honestly never really looked into Berkeley's placement because I can't live in Cali right now. But just keep in mind that many of the T13s grant you some flexibility in where you end up after graduating because they, generally (or maybe completely), have national reach, so you're not doomed to staying in a location just because you go to school there if you go to a T13! I definitely get it though. An urge to have some warm weather had me thinking about going to law school in Florida :lol:
I thought u were goin to SC?

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:40 pm

gargleblaster wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Keilz wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

and berk and S
I thought u were goin to SC?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No, that's Mr_Chukes. We have similar avis rn so I understand the confusion.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”