Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why do you think you STILL haven't heard from S?

Spivey is about to confirm any second ..... COUNTERCYCLE
29%
My app was so bad that Dean Deal wants to make it SEEM like I have a chance when in reality she is punishing me for having her read it
23%
S won't be outdone by Y (battle for who can hold onto apps the longest)
38%
glitch in my status checker and I actually went DLS months ago
10%

Total votes: 94

dyebri

Bronze

Re: Stanford C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017 Cycle)

Post by dyebri » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Evelyn2016 wrote:Thanks for the clarification. Do you guys think by now they've done at least a preliminary review of all the files? I went complete extremely late but I see on lsn people who have similar/later complete dates already getting a decision (both ways).

Yes they've looked at your file and they like you. You're still in the running. Why is Stanford your first choice if I may ask

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:54 pm

DLS after submitting in October. enjoyed suffering in this long tortuous process with all of you, best of luck to all.

OP out

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:59 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:DLS after submitting in October. enjoyed suffering in this long tortuous process with all of you, best of luck to all.

OP out
Don't lose out hope! It could be a waitlist. Call and ask !

hammy393

Bronze

Post by hammy393 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:19 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:DLS after submitting in October. enjoyed suffering in this long tortuous process with all of you, best of luck to all.

OP out
Sorry to hear that man! Hope it's a WL and that you're able to ultimately get in

armc808

Bronze

Post by armc808 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:49 pm

DLS as of 6:45pm ET; looks like the bells have finally tolled for me today. Best of luck to everyone else still waiting!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crookedsmile

Bronze

Post by crookedsmile » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:58 pm

OP out
Had been holding out hope for you. Maybe now you can join me on the WL though!

Evelyn2016

New

Post by Evelyn2016 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:19 pm

dyebri wrote:
Evelyn2016 wrote:Thanks for the clarification. Do you guys think by now they've done at least a preliminary review of all the files? I went complete extremely late but I see on lsn people who have similar/later complete dates already getting a decision (both ways).

Yes they've looked at your file and they like you. You're still in the running. Why is Stanford your first choice if I may ask
Thanks for the nice words *tear smiley face* Quality of the university + a part of the country I've never experienced at length.

gizmo1024

Bronze

Post by gizmo1024 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:23 pm

DLS. Complete 1/29. Peace out, friends.

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Why do people compare Harvard to Stanford. Isn't Stanford in a league of its own/ the only comparable school would be Yale

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Post by HonestlyThough » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:40 pm

dyebri wrote:Why do people compare Harvard to Stanford. Isn't Stanford in a league of its own/ the only comparable school would be Yale
technically yale is in a league of its own. harvard and stanford have wrangled in the rankings a bit lately, with Stanford generally getting the upperhand. However, S first unseated H as #2 (for the first time ever) in 2013, so I really wouldn't call them worlds apart. Yale, on the other hand, has always been #1 and is several points above Stanford in the raw ranking scores. Between both S and Y, though, and H and S, which school was better for you is probably highly personal and includes future goals and needs.

hammy393

Bronze

Post by hammy393 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:57 pm

dyebri wrote:Why do people compare Harvard to Stanford. Isn't Stanford in a league of its own/ the only comparable school would be Yale
USNWR peer reputation scores (perception of judges, hiring partners, rival deans, etc.) are the exact same for HYS (4.8/5)

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog ... kings.html

bearedman8

Bronze

Post by bearedman8 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:02 pm

HonestlyThough wrote:
technically yale is in a league of its own. harvard and stanford have wrangled in the rankings a bit lately, with Stanford generally getting the upperhand. However, S first unseated H as #2 (for the first time ever) in 2013, so I really wouldn't call them worlds apart. Yale, on the other hand, has always been #1 and is several points above Stanford in the raw ranking scores. Between both S and Y, though, and H and S, which school was better for you is probably highly personal and includes future goals and needs.
I wouldn't say that Stanford has generally had the upperhand in recent rankings, unless you're only considering this year. As far as rankings go, they're pretty true peers.

https://7sage.com/top-law-school-rankings/

But yeah, I think that you're right that there's not a strictly better school between S and H. Stanford has clerking, a small class size, and west coast. Harvard has a big network, a large class size (so more resources/opportunities), and east coast. They're pretty different schools but anyone that gets into both will do fine going to either.

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:18 pm

bearedman8 wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:
I wouldn't say that Stanford has generally had the upperhand in recent rankings, unless you're only considering this year. As far as rankings go, they're pretty true peers.

But yeah, I think that you're right that there's not a strictly better school between S and H. Stanford has clerking, a small class size, and west coast. Harvard has a big network, a large class size (so more resources/opportunities), and east coast. They're pretty different schools but anyone that gets into both will do fine going to either.

Stanford is a lot harder to get into than Harvard. So why would it not be considered better than Harvard

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bearedman8

Bronze

Post by bearedman8 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:35 pm

dyebri wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:

Stanford is a lot harder to get into than Harvard. So why would it not be considered better than Harvard

No clue. Maybe you should ask Spivey. The answer might have something to do with a countercycle, too, so you should probably ask about that as well.

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:37 pm

bearedman8 wrote:
dyebri wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:

No clue. Maybe you should ask Spivey. The answer might have something to do with a countercycle, too, so you should probably ask about that as well.

That damn consulting business is a scam! He uses us for money but can't answer a simple yes or no question. He's the one who brought up countercycle in the first place. Whatever. I got into H

LHS17

Bronze

Post by LHS17 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:48 pm

dyebri wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
dyebri wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:

That damn consulting business is a scam! He uses us for money but can't answer a simple yes or no question. He's the one who brought up countercycle in the first place. Whatever. I got into H
Stats? Asl?

notorious_mig

Bronze

Post by notorious_mig » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:53 pm

LHS17 wrote:
dyebri wrote:
bearedman8 wrote:No clue. Maybe you should ask Spivey. The answer might have something to do with a countercycle, too, so you should probably ask about that as well.

Stats? Asl?
u got a kik? does Spivey have a kik?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

VapidP

Bronze

Post by VapidP » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:58 pm

dyebri wrote: That damn consulting business is a scam! He uses us for money but can't answer a simple yes or no question. He's the one who brought up countercycle in the first place. Whatever. I got into H
I really hope you get into S or Y and go there because I would not love it if you were in my section at H. Sending positive vibes your way.

Also, when are people sending LOCIs for S?

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:12 pm

VapidP wrote:
dyebri wrote: That damn consulting business is a scam! He uses us for money but can't answer a simple yes or no question. He's the one who brought up countercycle in the first place. Whatever. I got into H
I really hope you get into S or Y and go there because I would not love it if you were in my section at H. Sending positive vibes your way.

You would actually never know...i hope im in your section, you would love me....and then one day when were fucked up..ill whisper in your ear..." i am dyebri are we in a countercycle"" your life will forever change

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:23 pm

dyebri wrote:
VapidP wrote:

You would actually never know...i hope im in your section, you would love me....and then one day when were fucked up..ill whisper in your ear..." i am dyebri are we in a countercycle"" your life will forever change
:lol: :lol:

VapidP

Bronze

Post by VapidP » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:27 pm

dyebri wrote:
VapidP wrote:

Lol. I now have this image of you whispering that to everyone in your H section, hoping that you'll eventually bump into me. If you do find me, I'll buy you a beer, for sheer tenacity.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:40 pm

VapidP wrote:
dyebri wrote:
VapidP wrote:

Lol. I now have this image of you whispering that to everyone in your H section, hoping that you'll eventually bump into me. If you do find me, I'll buy you a beer, for sheer tenacity.
This is what TLS was made for :lol:

lawschool2017712

Bronze

Post by lawschool2017712 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:44 pm

Yikes, DLS....complete 11/20 guess it wasn't meant to be..

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:48 pm

VapidP wrote:
dyebri wrote:
VapidP wrote:

You are on. Excited to meet you! Are you forsure going to H. Or if you get into Stanford will you be there

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:51 pm

dyebri wrote:
hammy393 wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:
WL. I think I'll go ahead and ride it out for the foreseeable future. thanks for the support guys!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”