Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Waiting
7%
Waitlisted
41%
Accepted
52%
Rejected
No votes

Total votes: 29

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Re: Duke Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:51 am

haley12 wrote:
chasima wrote:assuming that the "waitlist update" email they sent out this morning means that they will be pulling from the waitlist soon? very promising that they're letting us know that they have a few spots open, although not trying to get my hopes up too too much. is there already a duke waitlist thread for this year? i haven't seen one.
+1

also haven't seen a WL thread. hoping that means low # of WLs haha
Good thinking there. I just received the "waitlist update" email they sent out an hour ago. Glad to know that they still have not forgotten me.

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:12 pm

withdrew from the WL. good luck guys

cftvgybhu

New

Post by cftvgybhu » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:07 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
haley12 wrote:
chasima wrote:assuming that the "waitlist update" email they sent out this morning means that they will be pulling from the waitlist soon? very promising that they're letting us know that they have a few spots open, although not trying to get my hopes up too too much. is there already a duke waitlist thread for this year? i haven't seen one.
+1

Good thinking there. I just received the "waitlist update" email they sent out an hour ago. Glad to know that they still have not forgotten me.
did not see lots of people claim to receive the email, is it a good sign or it is just my delusion?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:32 am

cftvgybhu wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
haley12 wrote:
+1

did not see lots of people claim to receive the email, is it a good sign or it is just my delusion?
I think if you have been fairly active in staying in contact with them (e.g. sending LOCIs or new recs or why essays), maybe they would not need to send that email to gauge your interest again. I did not receive an email from Gtown, and they acknowledged having received my LOCI three days ago. The waitlist email could be just sent to all priority reserve people, because one mine it specifically writes "priority reserve." Maybe just not that many people are on PR.

cftvgybhu

New

Post by cftvgybhu » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:06 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
cftvgybhu wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
haley12 wrote:
+1

I think if you have been fairly active in staying in contact with them (e.g. sending LOCIs or new recs or why essays), maybe they would not need to send that email to gauge your interest again. I did not receive an email from Gtown, and they acknowledged having received my LOCI three days ago. The waitlist email could be just sent to all priority reserve people, because one mine it specifically writes "priority reserve." Maybe just not that many people are on PR.
In the email, it says even if i sent LOCI before, i still need to complete the form of interest. So maybe be there is not many people are on PR.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cftvgybhu

New

Post by cftvgybhu » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:09 am

cftvgybhu wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
cftvgybhu wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
haley12 wrote:
+1

In the email, it says even if i sent LOCI before, i still need to complete the form of interest. So maybe be there is not many people are on PR.
The long wait consumed me, i cannot even get my grammar correct now.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:17 am

cftvgybhu wrote:
cftvgybhu wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
cftvgybhu wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
haley12 wrote:
+1

The long wait consumed me, i cannot even get my grammar correct now.
I think they are just reviewing PR people first. And if they cannot fill the class with PR people, they will delve into the waitlist.

Aldrich

New

Post by Aldrich » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:23 am

I also received this waitlist update but I am on Duke's WL w/o PR.

cftvgybhu

New

Post by cftvgybhu » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:31 am

Aldrich wrote:I also received this waitlist update but I am on Duke's WL w/o PR.
i will just prepare for the worst then.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:06 am

Aldrich wrote:I also received this waitlist update but I am on Duke's WL w/o PR.
+1

chasima

Bronze

Post by chasima » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:25 am

haley12 wrote:
+1
Me too. And i've sent them at least 2 updates/attachments for my file.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 am

Maybe we could do a new poll to see how many people are waitlisted vs. waiting vs. have a decision? I think everyone waiting got the email for sure, because it says the survey is required.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:08 am

haley12 wrote:Maybe we could do a new poll to see how many people are waitlisted vs. waiting vs. have a decision? I think everyone waiting got the email for sure, because it says the survey is required.
I don't even know who the OP of this is anymore. I thought proteinshake gave it up but he might still have it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:09 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
haley12 wrote:Maybe we could do a new poll to see how many people are waitlisted vs. waiting vs. have a decision? I think everyone waiting got the email for sure, because it says the survey is required.
I don't even know who the OP of this is anymore. I thought proteinshake gave it up but he might still have it.
new pole

and I'm sure everyone gets the email, it'd make no sense for only some people to get it.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:41 am

Did everyone get the WL confirmation email?

The wording "coming days" make me hopeful even if they didn't say decisions.

keepon_keepingon

New

Post by keepon_keepingon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 am

Just received a confirmation email from admissions office that they have received my intent to remain on the waitlist from the survey.

cftvgybhu

New

Post by cftvgybhu » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:51 am

yep, at 8:22~ kind of "early"~

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ykstll

New

Post by ykstll » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Hey All!

I'm on the PR list and received both the email to confirm my continued interest and a follow-up to confirm receipt. It seems as if they are moving along to take people off the PR and WL.

Wish the best for all!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:50 am

ykstll wrote:Hey All!

I'm on the PR list and received both the email to confirm my continued interest and a follow-up to confirm receipt. It seems as if they are moving along to take people off the PR and WL.

Wish the best for all!
Yes, the same. I got the response from Mark Hill that thanked me for continuing on PR. I guess they have sent it to everyone then.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:12 pm

Why don't we have a Duke Waitlist thread?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”